Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 KFX carb rebuild.Who? Ocala  (Read 3764 times)
Magnaflux

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2011, 04:08:55 PM »

My KFX 400 has been sitting for a while and now the carb needs freshened. Where should I take it in or near Ocala where i won't get raped?
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »

Are you handy with a wrench? Do you own a basic set of tools? You could save yourself money by doing it yourself. It is a fairly simple thing to do. Get a can of carb cleaner, a fine wire and an air source of some sort (air compressor, keyboard cleaner, your mouth..)

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
hatchdemon89

Smoke tires not drugs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 04:48:33 PM »

there very easy i can take mine off if youd like and take pics of taken them apart with the jets ect.. I can take my carb apart clean it and put back on in 30mins its really easy.

Take your seat off and then disconnect the air box bolts should be to backside of the air box that bolt to the frame.
Then disconnect the pcv valce or whatever on the air box up front of the air box
Then loosen the clamp the surrounds the carb its the intake tube or can do that at box i find it easier to take off at carb.
Remove the entire air box
Now you have to disconnect the throttle cable if your uncomfortable with take it off the carb to save yourself some time take the entire cable off from the throttle up front 4 screws on the top plate and pull the clip off the bracket then run the cable all the way down to the carb
Next take off the fuel line comming off you petcock lever that goes to carb.
Then look at where the carb meets the intake another tube with a hose clamp loosen that also then pull carb up there where ur air box was under seat
Once your done with that just take everything apart

Dont let a kfx carb scare you I have a ltz400 their the same pretty self explanatory once taken apart just screw heads ect just remember take one section off at a time so you dont confuse yourself once putting back together any more info hit me up  
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:58:09 PM by hatchdemon89 » Logged

09 trx450r
06 ltr450
03 ltz400---sold
Magnaflux

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 05:22:39 PM »

I'll try it tommorrow. After you get everything loose does the carb come out the left side if the bike or out the top?

Thanks.
hatchdemon89

Smoke tires not drugs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 05:33:27 PM »

threw the top well kinda top pull it back and up where ur air box was comes out that way if you were closer id say buy some beer n ill hook u up lol

09 trx450r
06 ltr450
03 ltz400---sold
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com