Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the ATV in ATVFlorida?  (Read 11815 times)
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 10:03:14 AM »

It is the apathy of the ATV community that is amazing.  I asked EVERYONE to write their representatives in Tallahasse to ask them what happened to the T. Mark Schmidt Trust Fund that was setup specificALLY FOR atv'S  The Big meeting is next Wednesday in Tallahassee.  HAS ANYONE WRITTEN THEIR REPRESENTATIVES?  If not, you are a bunch of idiots.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »

got us covered Mr G.  Wink
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »

I wrote. Actually a first letter and then a follow up.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:54 AM »

I cut & pasted one....

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »

I'm still here lurking, but like a lot of others I rarely ride anymore. Still have the LTR, but it mainly just keeps my garage company. There's just no where to go anymore, especially locally. Big Scrub used to be great, 45 minutes from the house and could ride all day. Now it's just a joke that's no longer worth the drive. Maybe someday it'll be fun again, but can't say I have much faith anymore.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 12:06:45 PM »

Here is a copy of a great letter.

Sirs and Madame:

I am deeply concerned to find information leading me to believe that the OHV Trust Fund has been swept to the bone.

The information tells me that as of the July 29, 2009 meeting of the FL OHV Advisory Committee that an accounting of revenue, expense and withdrawals for the OHV Fund (within the FL Division of Forestry) from inception to the end of fiscal year 2008-09 that the funds were "swept" clean.

We all know that the revenues in the fund are made by fees from titles issued for new and used OHVs. We all know that the Mark T Schmidt Fund is a Trust Fund. It is also stated by law that the funds were to be dispersed via grants. The grants were to be reviewed by the DOF in consultation with the OHV Advisory Committee.  Unfortunately, the State of FL is not up to date at the OHV site and there are only tables available for grants made in the 2007/2008 fiscal year.  Where I am at a loss is at the point where $2,000,000 dollars was swept in the FY 07/08 and the balance of $3,774,148 was swept in the FY 08/09.  What legislation allowed the sweep to occur? From the language of the Schmidt act of 2002 the funds are guaranteed for OHV recreational funding. Where did every last cent of the funds go then?

Please provide for me the Legislative Act that enabled the broom to sweep these funds.  Please advise me of the legislatures who voted to allow this action to occur. I would like to make sure that votes to keep them in office do not happen. If this vote was not actually allowed by the legislature, how did these funds just disappear from the Trust Fund? As a voter in the State of Florida, as owner of several recreational vehicles, as a citizen of this great nation, I strongly demand that the funds be restored
to the proper place and accountablity be made for those who boldly robbed the citizens who paid into the Fund.

Mr. Bronson, this is under your watch.=A0 Please restore my faith in the Florida Department of Agriculture. I worked in Florida agriculture for over 25 years and am proud to say that my food comes from a FL farmer or rancher!

Mr Crist, you are in charge, do not let the issue be swept away just as these funds were. The recreational rider is not just some rednecks tearing up the woods. We are families spending time together. We stop and teach our children about wildlife and the environment. We deserve accountab=
lity for the money we paid into the State with the promise of the funds being used for us.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
ridgerunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 12:15:21 PM »

www.tampabayridindirty.com   we ride, race, raise funds, very active with Croom and Forestry....we dont talk politics...just another alternative... Kiss

I 2nd that,can,t hear whinnin over my exhaust
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 12:44:54 PM »

this sit has been my home page for the last 3 years, todays the day it changes. i cant even stand to look at the home page anymore, just flooded with political stuff. nobodys fault in particular, maybe a little fishes, the site had a good run and now theres just no need for an atv site when nobody rides atv anymore.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:36:49 PM by Chevy1500z71 » Logged
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

Link for good article about the OHV Funds

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/mag/2009_09/FTR_Mag_2009_09-pgs-11-12.pdf
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 04:34:45 PM »

Indianjoe

The article that you refer to is incorrect.  That article was what the Division of Forestry told us.  They lied.  The legislature DID NOT sweep the funds.  The Division of Forestry has taken the funds for there own use.  Last year $2 million to buy fire suppression equipment and this year the rest of the fund to cover budget shortfalls instead of laying people off.  This is why we need all the help we can get. At our meeting on Oct 14th in Tallahasse Jim Karels, Director of the Division of Forestry is going to tell us why he took the money without legislature approval.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 11:26:45 AM »

Everybody quit complaining and go riding.

(I deleted all the posts at the end with the obscene language, etc.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 11:37:14 AM by mrbones » Logged

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com