Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda Rincon 650 Gas Leak  (Read 10179 times)
Fishesman

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the smell of gas in my garage, but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Tonight I was riding around my pasture when I suddenly stalled out. I looked at the gas gauge and I was empty. It was over half full a few days ago and I haven't ridden anywhere. I switched over to reserve and it fired right up and I got home fine. I started looking around underneath the ATV and could see gas dripping off the right rear skid plate. I finally found a small black hose hanging loose on the right side next to the pull start. The hose runs down through a small retainer and there's only about 3-4" of hose once it passes through the clip, so whatever it came off of has to be close. The hose is in good shape and doesn't appear to be broken. I felt around the best I could and can't find what the hose fell off of. It appears that there is a tiny inline filter near the end of the those. I was wondering if the filter didn't block and blow the hose off. Any suggestions on where the hose goes? Any idea what this hose is?

Thanks in advance!
glockin

Ride it like you stole it!  Safely of course!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »

I had a problem with old gas in my rincon from not running it for some time. I had to drain the carb and from what you explained it sounds like the drain hose from the carb. Follow the hose back and you will see a valve at one end try to close that valve and you should be good to go.

2003 Honda Rincon
Fishesman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:04:22 PM »

Thanks! I found a online diagram of the carb and you're right. It's the drain hose. That isn't a filter, but a one way inline valve. I'm not sure what valve you're talking about. When I tace the tube back to the carb it just goes in the bottom. Where's the valve and how does that fix the problem?

lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 06:45:37 AM »

Typically there's a screw at the end of the bowl so that you can drain the carb. I recently had my carb rebuilt by a friend on my 450 rhino and we noticed the same thing. There was fuel coming out of this hose even though the screw was closed?? What had happened was one of the needles in there had gotten a little dirt when we reattached the fuel hose, we just kept tapping the carb until the needle settled and it stoppped the fuel from leaking. Hope this helps..
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »

Exactly what LSW said, the float was sticking open.

You can either do it the cheap way which would make you do it more often or the easy and it only happen if you let it sit with fuel again way..

Cheap way would be to take anything to beat on the bottom of the carb to free it up from the bowl. This could fix it for a while, but expect it to happen again if you let the quad sit for any period of time.

easy way would be to take out the carb, clean the bowl and carburetor so no more varnish looking color is in there. This would help in the long run

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com