Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redneck Country Club, L-Cross, Bamboo, 5A, etc... S. Florida riding  (Read 4395 times)
Sloth

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 22, 2009, 10:09:49 AM »

Whats the extent of the terrain at these places?  Do any of them have a trail network or are they all just mud flats, ponds, and swamp? 

2009 Polaris 850xp- 28" Zillas, Warn XT30
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »

I have only ridden Bamboo once.  It is a huge cow pasture pretty much and it has a little track in the back.  There's mud and water and lots of cow patties and even the things that make the cow patties.  There is a place to wash the bike off though.

If you are looking for a huge trail system, the only one I am aware of is Ocala.  It is awesome there.  Hundreds of miles of well-groomed trails.

I am not familiar with the other places yet.  Good luck.  Dawn
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »

5a is best for trails.

L-cross, bamboo, and RYC are all mud events, you won't find many trails unless you are at RYC.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
lulu500

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »

RYC has a few trails, not a lot. L-Cross is basically just open land.  Bamboo wasn't that great, I probably won't go back to that one, I don't care too much for dead cows in the canals. I've never been to 5a.

06 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 ES RED
Viper MX3000 winch w/ red Amsteel rope
27x10x12 & 27x12x12 Mud Bugs on Black DWT Rythms
Custom Center Snorkel

MUD DIVA
Of course I ride like a girl!
Baileygunns

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:54:46 PM »

I ride 5A all the time... Just got home from there as a mater of fact...

Lots of trails, lots of sand, the main roads are pretty wooped out and there is plenty of mud. There are some singloe track out there thats pretty good.

It's starting to dry up again but there are still mud holes lurking around the corners. Most of the holes are dry enough to go around the edges or even through the middle.  Out back still has some "lakes"... Those areas are fun when they're dry.

Today there were some dirtbikes, a few kids in the front on pitbikes and a family on sport quads there when I was.  The littlest one was ripping around the parking lot with no helmet... The same one that I helped pull his machine out of the woods and back up onto the trail out back on the ridge... Some Parents amaze me...

Sloth

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 06:56:37 PM »

Thanks guys.

Dumb question perhaps... Where is 5a?  Is there a website?

crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 07:12:19 PM »

no website, its not legal riding never talk and or think about going there. EVER.   the place is getting over run with idiots that rip up parking area and steal gas cans out of bed of truck. 

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Baileygunns

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »

no website, its not legal riding never talk and or think about going there. EVER.   the place is getting over run with idiots that rip up parking area and steal gas cans out of bed of truck. 

You're right... I park on my ramps to keep them mine and I don't bring gas cans. I fill up before I get there and If I need more I go to Stucky's....

Thanks guys.

Dumb question perhaps... Where is 5a?  Is there a website?

No website... Google it you'll find it.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 02:16:26 AM »

The same idiots that ruined 8st and now are ruining other places.  I never understood why these a holes are doing wheelies and dounuts int he parking area when there are several miles of riding area...I just don't get it.  why in the parking lot???

Anyway, save yourself the trip and dont go there.  Its not even worth the drive unless you live less than 30 mins away.  Riding in florida pretty much sucks, only good things here were the everglades.  and no more legal riding there...

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 10:27:04 AM »

5A isnt South Florida  more like north/central east ... it would be a drive from Naples but you could check out Croom all trails and closer to you then Ocala

Sloth

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 01:24:41 PM »

Thanks guys... I managed to track the place down.  I think I'll hit croom if I'm going to drive that kind of distance... Otherwise the RYC is probably my best bet if I want to ride for the day.

Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »

L-Cross has a 10 mile hare scramble trail as well as a 1 mile MX track that is open every Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm. The hare scramble trails and mx track can only be ridin by dirt bikes or sport quads. We also offer a 25 mile nature ride on Saturdays of both family and Adult events, all types of bikes are welcome to ride on that ride. The hare scramble trails and mx track are not open on the 5 Sundays that we have adult events. I know the hare scramble trails are challenging as they were built for competition for the FTR as well as the SSQSA associations for their races.

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com