Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Scrub  (Read 15579 times)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »

Still two way trails and extremely dangerous.........I wonder when they will realize what all other ATV riding areas are doing. I for one will never take my kids to that place knowing that people can be coming at you from another direction at 50MPH.....THEY MUST BE INSANE!!!

We should probably just outlaw ATV's then, because the U.S. Forest Service doesn't have any intention in making the trails One-Way.

Are all of your posts just to pregnant dog about that? You could use your energy much more efficiently by starting a letter-writing campaign to the Forest Service rather than coming in here on a semi-private forum and trying to scream, "The SKY is falling, the SKY is falling! People will die!".  Do something about it rather than sniping from a mountain-top.

By the way, we just spent Friday thru Saturday and all day yesterday on those scary, dangerous two-way trails and not once did we run head on into someone.  We should probably go play the lottery now huh?

Listen here pal; you obviously have no idea of the kind of man I am. Go waste your money on the lottery, guys like you don't win chit!! There are hundreds of members on this site that know that I am extremely involved in writing letters, organizing protests and attending every OHV meeting that I can.  I have designed petitions and have gotten over 500 signatures to improve the riding situation both locally and statewide, don't be an ignorant fool and speak out of your hole. What have you done?
I am a family man with two kids and the little energy I have left I use very effectively. I have done more for this sport than you and probably anyone you know. BTW, in case you have not realized, THE SKY HAS FALLEN! There have been no deaths but plenty of injuries. So I guess that is ok and justifies the two way system? Come on pal, get real! It is pretty obvious that you have a hidden agenda and are trying to place a blind fold on this situation. No blind fold for me please! Perhaps you should rethink what you type before you respond to any of my threads. You don't know me, as much as you would like to. Now, if you world like to talk more about this or would like here why I say what I say, you have my number (check you PM).
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »

I have no hidden agenda as you and Chip seem to think I have.  My agenda is to continue riding in the ONF.  My agenda is to answer other people's questions about the ONF honestly.  Are the two-way trails dangerous?

Yep...  And as I have pointed out there are a lot of DANGEROUS activities we all do every single day.

Does that mean we should stop doing them?  That's what makes this country great, is you and I have the choice to make those decisions for ourselves.

I don't come on here and tell people to stay away from the ONF like you and Chip.  You have your cause, and just because your efforts so far have not made the Forest Service change its ways, that's no reason to come on here and constantly bash what little riding area we have and the rules we have.

You are p!ssed because your time and effort so far have been for little or nothing and I understand that.  But that's no reason to tell people to avoid the forest.  Your approach plays right in to the 'conspiracy theory' that you speak about so much.  You know the one, where they liimit the forest use to the point where no one rides?  Well, by your advice, we shouldn't ride there anymore anyhow.  So, now that would make you party to the 'conspiracy'?

Every person you convince not to come ride the ONF, is one more person you won't ever be able to use as a statistic in why the trails shoud be one-way.  Every person you turn away before they ever get here is one less person that will probably never even try the forest.  I don't see how that supports your cause at all.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »

I have no hidden agenda as you and Chip seem to think I have.  My agenda is to continue riding in the ONF.  My agenda is to answer other people's questions about the ONF honestly.  Are the two-way trails dangerous?

Yep...  And as I have pointed out there are a lot of DANGEROUS activities we all do every single day.

Does that mean we should stop doing them?  That's what makes this country great, is you and I have the choice to make those decisions for ourselves.

I don't come on here and tell people to stay away from the ONF like you and Chip.  You have your cause, and just because your efforts so far have not made the Forest Service change its ways, that's no reason to come on here and constantly bash what little riding area we have and the rules we have.

You are p!ssed because your time and effort so far have been for little or nothing and I understand that.  But that's no reason to tell people to avoid the forest.  Your approach plays right in to the 'conspiracy theory' that you speak about so much.  You know the one, where they liimit the forest use to the point where no one rides?  Well, by your advice, we shouldn't ride there anymore anyhow.  So, now that would make you party to the 'conspiracy'?

Every person you convince not to come ride the ONF, is one more person you won't ever be able to use as a statistic in why the trails shoud be one-way.  Every person you turn away before they ever get here is one less person that will probably never even try the forest.  I don't see how that supports your cause at all.

I was going to put together a lengthy response for you speed, it just isn't worth it. You have no clue about my agenda. You got my PM and should now know how I feel and why.........Call me whenver if you would like to know the truth and discuss this further. Hey, you never know, perhaps you can help with the general goals the "involved groups" are trying to get to. You have been a member here for a couple of months and have no clue what the sequence of events were when all of this was being established.....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:00:57 PM by Eworm » Logged
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »

You have been a member here for a couple of months and have no clue what the sequence of events were when all of this was being established.....

LOL...  FYI, you don't need to be a 'registered member' here to read the forums.  Just because I wasn't registered doesn't mean I didn't sign one of your petitions either.  Maybe you need to do like you threatened a long time ago and just sell the ATV's and "get a bigger, better boat".

And just because I never posted when you were on the tirade with the ONF back in 2006, doesn't mean I couldn't read it.  And even if I didn't know the sequence of events leading to the ONF being the way that it is today, that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I want as many responsible people to ride as possible.

Back in the day you were an activist before Picayune and the ONF one-way thing.  Then the system pregnant dog-slapped you one too many times, now you're just bitter and trying to keep everyone from enjoying the forest since they wouldn't act on your suggestions.  I sympathize with you, but if the only way I get to ride ONF is 2-way, then so be it.  Telling others not to ride their when they ask only gives the Forestry people cause to shut it down to us permanently.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 06:05:53 PM »

You have been a member here for a couple of months and have no clue what the sequence of events were when all of this was being established.....

LOL...  FYI, you don't need to be a 'registered member' here to read the forums.  Just because I wasn't registered doesn't mean I didn't sign one of your petitions either.  Maybe you need to do like you threatened a long time ago and just sell the ATV's and "get a bigger, better boat".

And just because I never posted when you were on the tirade with the ONF back in 2006, doesn't mean I couldn't read it.  And even if I didn't know the sequence of events leading to the ONF being the way that it is today, that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I want as many responsible people to ride as possible.

Back in the day you were an activist before Picayune and the ONF one-way thing.  Then the system pregnant dog-slapped you one too many times, now you're just bitter and trying to keep everyone from enjoying the forest since they wouldn't act on your suggestions.  I sympathize with you, but if the only way I get to ride ONF is 2-way, then so be it.  Telling others not to ride their when they ask only gives the Forestry people cause to shut it down to us permanently.

Oh boy.....You are something else Speedy...
A tirade huh? You have no idea what happened in the past because you never knew about this site until recently. Just because you go back and read old post does not say anything about what you know or don't know about me. It is obvious that the reason you are taking so long to respond is because you are trying to find something on me. It will never happen champ!
Bitter?
LOL< this is hilarious! Anyone that knows me knows what I am about and I have absolutely nothing to prove, especially to you....
My suggestions?
They were hundreds of people's suggestions, they had the plan all along big guy!
Threaten to sell my quad? How the hell would that be a threat to anyone?
You have issues bud.
If you read carefully and not only what you want to read, you will see that there were several hundred members that agreed with me. "WE" simply made suggestions. I figured that as tax payer I could give my opinion and BTW we were asked what we thought about the plan by the puppets who thought they were running the show.
You are a rookie and have done nothing but back up that sorry ars system.
I am done buddy, you have great life and be safe. I hope we never meet. You should be concerning yourself with getting the facts right before talking what you don't know.

BTW you just gave me more inspiration to bash ONF!!! You have not seen anything yet. This is the beauty about this site.
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »

LOL...  Believe what you want my man.  It's obvious that is all you are capable of...  believing what YOU want.

What makes you think I want to 'find' something on you?  I pointed out your reasons for badmouthing the ONF and its trails.  I didn't do it to piss you off, I did it to make people see why you think the ONF sucks so bad.  The only issue I have is with people taking a personal grudge so far that they will encourage people to not use one of our only remaining ATV areas.

The ONF is there for all of us to use.  For the 523rd time, we know you don't like two-way trails.  For the 1,254th time, we know that you tried your hardest to make things different.  Some of us appreciate it, even though you seem to think we don't.  Let it go.  Let people come to the Forest and ride without badmouthing them because they don't see it the same way.

I have issues... Let's see if I understand this one:

I come on and encourage people to use the ONF, and I have issues.

I come on and answer peoples questions about the ONF straightforward and honest and I have issues.

I come on and outline for people the information they need to use the ONF, a resource we have all paid for and I have issues.

Just want to make sure we are on the same page on the issues thing.  What exactly would you say my issue is?  I mean really?  Name my issue.  Don't insult me, don't try to belittle me, don't patronize me, just tell me what you think my issue is.
auctioneer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »

speed bump speed bump my boy you and the new dog in this fight RANGER (as in forest ranger ?? ) that might explain what I had suspected you are the man or a wanna be NOW I SEE the real speed bump LMAO

2007 rhino 660
2009 Freedom Craft / L-88 427 W/stinger drive airboat
2008 11ft Puddle Buster w/200 angle valve
2004 Wrangler/8in lift
2008 750 Polaris sportsman
2002 F-350 lifted
2008 Rhino 660
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »

That sure was a lot to read to ask my one simple question....where is big scrub and how many miles is it? I always ride pipeline and tabacco and hog valley, etc.  Thanks, Dawn
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:36 AM »

Big Scrub is the campground that allows you access the Centennial Trail and the Scrub Jay Trail.  These two trails are about 40-50 miles total.

Big scrub is located about 7-8 miles west of Wandering Wiregrass off Hwy 19.  The campground has showers but no electric and usually is monitored by a campground host.
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »

Thanks, Speed.  Dawn
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com