Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: questions about camping croom  (Read 3882 times)
kaiser1990

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »

alright i've been goign to croom for 3 years and have never been back to the camp grounds, planing on going camping there this weekend and i got a few questions, i'll be getting there friday afternoon what are my chances of getting a spot? can i have 2 vehicles on one camp site? and where do i pay for it?
z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 08:41:26 PM »

most all the sights have room for two vehicles, go to the left when you pull in the camp ground there is a sign with a payment box on the right when you first pull in.
as far as availibillity HuhHuhHuhHuh
should be able too. 

kaiser1990

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 09:49:21 PM »

alright thanks has there benn alota theft latly not really worried about it cause i'll be sleepin in the bed of my truck with the bike and a lil protection just wondering
z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:23:55 PM »

they arrested some people about a month or so ago from there for stealing stuff so yea  lock your stuff up good!!!

lorendad

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »

The campgrounds are very nice. I don't care for the way one can reserve a site though. The rule is the site must be occupied. But I see tiny little tents set up and I suppose the site is being paid for until the occupant shows up. Now if one has a hard side trailer set up, ok, but just a tent. Seems like this is an opening for someone to come in and remove the tent and then say the site was open. Overall it should be first come first served.
  Find an open site and set up. Then go and pay for it.
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:32:10 AM »

The campgrounds are very nice. I don't care for the way one can reserve a site though.

You say you don't like the way one has to reserve. What is the proper way to reserve nowadays? Please don't tell me that damned reserve america crap. I've never been to croom but thinking about it one day this winter (or whatever u wanna call this heatwave). Is it worth a drive from Jax or would you recommend just going to ONF?

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
kaiser1990

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »

I would say worth it
z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 08:48:46 PM »

you have to go there and claim a spot! set up your tent and pay!!
but if someone goes up there and say sets up five tents on five sites and pays for five spots then those spots are taken even though the people that the person set the tents up for might not be there for a few days!!
deff. worth camping there just make sure you lock your stuff up at night and keep the booze out of sight!!

mongo

Stupid Hurts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 07:26:05 PM »

Still lock your stuff up, but is MUCH better since the swat team took the crew out back in Nov that were the ones stealing bikes over the past few years.......I am not big on COPS, but I have to give Dave, John and Croom crew props for recognizing the BMW that was the "scout" car and setting up the big bust that night.....These guys pissed all over themselves (really) when the helicoptors flew down on them as they were crossing the spike strips at the gate....HEHEHEHEHE

Keep the beer and booz bottles out of site too.....drinking is tolerated if NOT out in the open and you don't "act" drunk.

Honda CRF 250x
Honda CRF 150
Honda CRF 230F
Suzuki RM 125 (144)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
WOW--What a Ride!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com