Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Me and my friend keep debating whether a stock kfx/z 400 or a 400 ex will win in a drag race?! bikes are both stock and riders both know how to shift very well! who will win?!!!
Kawasaki Kfx 400 - 28 (80%)
Honda 400 ex - 7 (20%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *******kfx 400 vs. 400 ex******** who will winn???!  (Read 17659 times)
B. Graves

Go Gators!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »

who cares. TRX450Rs are where its at.
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 09:31:45 PM »

who cares. TRX450Rs are where its at.
amen.

HONDA CRF450R
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 10:53:02 PM »

dont even start with the 450s, honda is way behind, not that they are junk because they are definitly nice but they were one of the first and everything is becoming more advanced while they are staying the same.

at this point, honda doesn't really have anything too thrilling, just the same old stuff while everyone else is coming out with fuel injected higher horsepower bikes.

and for the record, a nice 250r is my dream bike, so i definitely dont have anything against honda.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:55:47 PM by Chevy1500z71 » Logged
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 11:09:33 PM »

dont even start with the 450s, honda is way behind, not that they are junk because they are definitly nice but they were one of the first and everything is becoming more advanced while they are staying the same.

at this point, honda doesn't really have anything too thrilling, just the same old stuff while everyone else is coming out with fuel injected higher horsepower bikes.

and for the record, a nice 250r is my dream bike, so i definitely dont have anything against honda.
hondas quads might not be the best right now, but their new CRF450R is arguably the best 450 dirtbike ever. and its fuel injected

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:11:55 PM by KD 428 » Logged

HONDA CRF450R
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »

That new yfz looks pretty wicked Roll Eyes
B. Graves

Go Gators!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 07:37:03 AM »

hondas quads might not be the best right now, but their new CRF450R is arguably the best 450 dirtbike ever. and its fuel injected

arguably? i think it is hands down.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »

arguably? i think it is hands down.

you guys crack me up. cant be happy until you figure some way to prove honda is the best... even though we arent even talking about dirt bikes lol
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 11:08:58 AM »

lol okay. well back on subject, the kfx is pretty good.  Wink

HONDA CRF450R
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »

You have a liquid cooled engine, res. shocks in the front, seems to be the only advantages which might be enough for some. I'd take the reliability of the honda any day though.

what a lame excuse from the 400ex owner! iv had my z400 for 3 or 4 years now without any problems. lol

im not saying the 400ex is a pile of crap or anything. having a preference of brand is fine, but come one, dont sit there and try and come up with a lame reason why it still must be beter in some way, kinda makes you sound like a sore loser...

first off your a douche, always have been.

excuse? what excuse?? Honda's are reliable, how many times did that kawi go in for recalls? exactly
saying the the 400ex, an OLD model which went unchanged for a long time, doesnt belong in the same class is like saying push rod engines are more reliable than ohc engines...hahah but seriously saying that is like saying steak doesnt deserve to be classified as meat.
and what bike dominated MX back before 450's...OHHH thats right, the 250r, a honda. Do some research and you'll find that in the 400cc class, the honda has ALWAYS been rated the most reliable. AND honda has always been one of the best all around bikes your can buy, normally at a more affordable price as well.
If you disagree your an idiot. There's no debating that.

oh and my dad can kick your dads assssss!

* ride red.jpg (19.13 KB, 285x350 - viewed 258 times.)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:06:54 PM by gearhead400 » Logged

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 10:24:48 PM »

Boy it sure was nice watching Doug Gust and J.J Spankin them 450's on there Z's  Cheesy
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 10:26:38 PM »

In all seriousness though, both bikes are a great buy. Reliability is pretty much the same...

It all came down to me, what was the most bang for the buck. The Z had an updated engine, better ergonomics, better features.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 10:57:01 PM »

You have a liquid cooled engine, res. shocks in the front, seems to be the only advantages which might be enough for some. I'd take the reliability of the honda any day though.

what a lame excuse from the 400ex owner! iv had my z400 for 3 or 4 years now without any problems. lol

im not saying the 400ex is a pile of crap or anything. having a preference of brand is fine, but come one, dont sit there and try and come up with a lame reason why it still must be beter in some way, kinda makes you sound like a sore loser...

excuse? what excuse?? Honda's are reliable, how many times did that kawi go in for recalls? exactly
saying the the 400ex, an OLD model which went unchanged for a long time, doesnt belong in the same class is like saying push rod engines are more reliable than ohc engines...hahah but seriously saying that is like saying steak doesnt deserve to be classified as meat.
and what bike dominated MX back before 450's...OHHH thats right, the 250r, a honda. Do some research and you'll find that in the 400cc class, the honda has ALWAYS been rated the most reliable. AND honda has always been one of the best all around bikes your can buy, normally at a more affordable price as well.

first off, im not brand loyal to any bike, they are all the same to me. second, a 250r is asbout my favorite quad ever made.

the 400ex is a reliable bike for sure, so is the z400, but thats not what this is about and you used it as an excuse to try and put honda on top when it clearly looses in the 400 class, that doesn't make it a bad bike, honda was the first so of course they are going to end up behind when suzuki came out with the z400, your taking it all wrong becasue of your insane brand loyalty.
Yamaha72
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 11:13:06 PM »

While I do agree that some people may have a little too much faith and brand loyalty when it comes to Honda, The 400ex's are not bad bikes by any means.. Before the Z and raptor blah blah 450..etc it was the bike to have for a number of reasons: It is simple and reliable, amd the frame geometry is great and although it may be somewhat outdated it is due to the fact that the components are the same since the initial design.. If you did the same exact modifications to an EX then to a Z they would be practically identical in performance and handling... Its all a placebo type of effect for the newer bike i.e. it feels faster because it feels newer... Keep an open mind on this topic and stop pulling the Honda reliability card and Z whatever card... Z/KFX/DVX is simply a newer, better bike but by no means leaps and bounds ahead of the EX! Its a riders race. 

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150
B. Graves

Go Gators!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »

honestly, instead of debating and arguing on here, why dont you go race the 2 bikes down the street? if you both have bikes then there should be no problems. why ask such a stupid friggin question?
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2008, 06:10:31 PM »

first off, im not brand loyal to any bike, they are all the same to me. second, a 250r is asbout my favorite quad ever made.

the 400ex is a reliable bike for sure, so is the z400, but thats not what this is about and you used it as an excuse to try and put honda on top when it clearly looses in the 400 class, that doesn't make it a bad bike, honda was the first so of course they are going to end up behind when suzuki came out with the z400, your taking it all wrong becasue of your insane brand loyalty.

From your original post it seems like you were trying to slam the honda. The bikes i've had have all been great! my first bike was a kawi bayou 300 and i ran that thing into the ground and it took the abuse like a champ. I'm keeping my eye on the new yfz, if it's as nice as everyone is saying, im switching to yamaha. Although if the upgraded 450 quads go the same route the dirt bikes did, transworld mx and their five test riders put the Honda on top with the kawi a hair below it. we'll see.

I didnt get the response i was expecting however. I thought the pushrod thing would get you fired up. lol I love brand/make trash talk because its a never ending debate and it keeps me entertained when I'm at the computer. I love honda even though they have their faults, but i'd ride anything really...besides a poolaris  Wink

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »

From your original post it seems like you were trying to slam the honda. The bikes i've had have all been great! my first bike was a kawi bayou 300 and i ran that thing into the ground and it took the abuse like a champ. I'm keeping my eye on the new yfz, if it's as nice as everyone is saying, im switching to yamaha. Although if the upgraded 450 quads go the same route the dirt bikes did, transworld mx and their five test riders put the Honda on top with the kawi a hair below it. we'll see.

I didnt get the response i was expecting however. I thought the pushrod thing would get you fired up. lol I love brand/make trash talk because its a never ending debate and it keeps me entertained when I'm at the computer. I love honda even though they have their faults, but i'd ride anything really...besides a poolaris  Wink

yfzs are nice bikes, only problem i know of with them is that they eat batteries becasue of there weak charging system, other than that, awesome bike. theres one thing we can agree on, Polaris is plain out garbage! i cant stand those damn things, everything on them is such a pain in the ass to work on, all through bolted sh*t, nothing removes easily, to remove one thing you need to remove 500 other things in the way which are all through bolted, just a pain to work on.

and i know your waiting for my pushrod resposne lol, theres only 2 people in this world my friend, people who drive trucks with pushrod v8s and guys with there overhead cams who wished they had pushrod v8s lol
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 01:39:01 AM »

they arent light years ahead.  liquid cooled is much better than air cooled but they arent that much different power wise.  Its mostly rider that wins the race when things are similar. 

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
ROC0999

My God is an awesome God

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008, 08:08:55 PM »

As far as reliability goes, I would have to give it to the 400ex. I know a few people that have 99 400ex's that have never had an oil change.
[/quote]

that is not very smart

Psalms 24:1 the Earth is the Lords and everything in it;

2006 Raptor700r SE white/silver (mine) Moose bars,Razors,HMF-EFI,DMC duals, Razor's,k&n intake
1998 YZ250 Pro Circut pipe (son's)
www.tci.org
http://wayf.wayfm.com/
www.quadsforchrist.org
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com