Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: December 6 Trail Blazer Event  (Read 1559 times)
auctioneer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:35:11 AM »

This is a great cause Check out their website they help fight the ANTIS for our rights The is a fun day for kids and a great P R thing

Dear Fellow Sportsmen,

Hello, my name is Chad Laman and I am with the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance in Columbus, OH. We are a non-profit organization that defends sportsmen’s rights to hunt, fish, and trap across the country. I am helping to coordinate a youth event with the Central FL Council, Boy Scouts of America. This event is a Trailblazer Adventure Day and will take place on December 6, 2008. The day will run from 9 am till 5:30 pm at Camp La-No-Che near Paisley, FL. The goal of this national program is to promote the outdoors through hands on experiences with shooting sports, archery, fishing, trapping, and various other outdoor activities.

We are looking for experienced sportsmen to come out to the event and assist the youth in participating on a BB gun range, angling skills, archery, hunting dog demonstrations, trapping education, air boating and other types of outdoor activities. If your club/organization would like more information regarding this event please see the attached flyer and also contact me through the information listed below. Thank you for your time and consideration and I hope that you will be a part of this great youth event.

Chad Laman I Associate Director of Education
The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance I Our Sport. Our Heritage. Our Fight.
Ph: (614) 888-4868 ext. 224 I Fax: (614) 888-0326
claman@ussportsmen.org I www.ussportsmen.org

Join the Fight to Protect Hunting Today!

2007 rhino 660
2009 Freedom Craft / L-88 427 W/stinger drive airboat
2008 11ft Puddle Buster w/200 angle valve
2004 Wrangler/8in lift
2008 750 Polaris sportsman
2002 F-350 lifted
2008 Rhino 660
auctioneer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »

This was a great event Had a blast Here is the article for Air Boat Magazine

Trailblazer Event

Air boaters, Members of the NRA, Boy Scout Leaders and other members of the outdoor community all came together on a drizzly    December 6, Saturday to introduce Florida youth to the world of outdoor hunting, shooting and fishing sports.
Capt Phil Waters of Gator guides asked each group of  about 50 youth and adult leaders how many had been hunting and how many had been on an air boat ? The average answer was from 3-9 people is all that had done either from each group. This was a great opportunity to involve kids and adults as well in what the outdoor life is all about.
The Trailblazer day was held at Camp La-No-Che in Paisley as well as other sites around the state.
The Trailblazer Adventure Program was designed to expose families to outdoor activities during the Trailblazer Adventure Day and offer them the chance to engage in the activities through the year-long Trail master mentoring program.
This one-day program serves as an all-around introduction to the thrill of outdoor sports and the importance of conservation. It is typically hosted at a Boy Scout camp or similar facility. The Trailblazer Adventure Day features a variety of activities, demonstrations and orientation sessions designed to show children and their parents what the outdoor lifestyle is all about. All activities are conducted under the supervision of experienced Trail Guides with an emphasis on safety. Event Managers, U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance representatives, attend each event to ensure coordination between all participating organizations.
  The Trailblazer adventure Days are sponsored by The U. S. Sportsman’s Alliance the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance provides direct lobbying and grassroots coalition support to protect and advance the rights of hunters, fishermen, trappers and scientific wildlife management professionals. This is accomplished through coalition building, ballot issue campaigning and legislative and government relations.
There are also several events planned in 2009 as fund raisers for U.S.S.A. Such as sporting clay shoots, and possibly an air boat fishing series to be held around Florida. Please visit their wed site at www.ussportsmen.org
Remember kids of today will be our future!!
Written by D. H. “ Chip” Haywood

2007 rhino 660
2009 Freedom Craft / L-88 427 W/stinger drive airboat
2008 11ft Puddle Buster w/200 angle valve
2004 Wrangler/8in lift
2008 750 Polaris sportsman
2002 F-350 lifted
2008 Rhino 660
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com