Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of riding without helmets  (Read 17866 times)
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »

you guys spend to much time   thinking.  yes all you do.  No matter what u do  people will not like it and try to get it shut down. the only   way that dont happen  is if 9 outof ten  people like doing it. mybe all you guys that do it safty, ride with care,  and wear safty gear  make us that ride atv look like girls and people say how much fun could that be if u gotta look like that.  everything gonna be good  crack open a col one and releaxe and dont tell people what to do. Drink Drink Drink Drink Drive Drink Drive Drink nanaparty nanaparty nanaparty nanaparty

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »

Everyone is so worried about how the ATV community is perceived to the world. I do not buy into that crap. I ride a Harley and do not ride with the Pagans, HAMC, OA and guys like that. Im not buying into it.

You set your own standards, associate with people of the same standards and let the rest get sorted out by the man.

Oh, by the way Fox17, I think throwing around the "nigga" word can be a bad representation of the ATV community also. IF you buy into that crap.

Will someone go out and ride something! Roll Eyes 

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »

Everyone is so worried about how the ATV community is perceived to the world. I do not buy into that crap. I ride a Harley and do not ride with the Pagans, HAMC, OA and guys like that. Im not buying into it.

You set your own standards, associate with people of the same standards and let the rest get sorted out by the man.

Oh, by the way Fox17, I think throwing around the "nigga" word can be a bad representation of the ATV community also. IF you buy into that crap.

alright point made, i wont say any more about riding with no safety stuff. ill continue to talk like i do and you guys continue to ride like you do. then we can all be happy.  Grin

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »

Aren't you helmet zealots the same guys who are always screaming that you want government out of your lives? Make up your minds!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »

Whoever signs off on closing riding areas buys into that crap.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »

Aren't you helmet zealots the same guys who are always screaming that you want government out of your lives? Make up your minds!

nanaparty nanaparty nanaparty nanaparty
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »

ya no way fox is giving up that word lol but why can blacks call each other ''that'' but we cant call em that sorry just had to ask

alright point made, i wont say any more about riding with no safety stuff. ill continue to talk like i do and you guys continue to ride like you do. then we can all be happy.  Grin

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
cybercop106

just my old Prairie 4x4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2008, 05:45:26 PM »

Every once in a while when I'm not planning to go very fast I don't wear my helmet, but never fear...... if some maniac hammers me at 50 mph and I become a quadriplegic veggie I will be a ward of the military and/or the VA...... oh wait, they still use your tax dollars don't they.......
Uh, never mind........ 

But seriously folks, in FL they don't require helmets for street bikes but they require adults to wear seatbelts..... doesn't make sense to me.   
Although I have to say despite the seatbelt law in MO I never wrote a seatbelt ticket to an adult in 13 years on road patrol. Now if their children were un-belted, they went home with a handful of citations!!!! 
Statistics show over 50% of injuries and deaths from ATV use are to those under 16, so they absolutely should be required to have protective gear. The total rate of injury on ATVs according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (in 2005) was about 1.7 per 100 riders.  Adult injury on ATVs is about half that, and over 40% percent of those occurred on paved roads, so as danger goes, the risk is minimal, especially if you ride responsibly out in the boonies. If you're planning to get crazy then by all means put on a helmet!   
These kinds of debates have always been very divisive. How one person's behavior affects another is a serious consideration; as is how far should it go before mandates are established........
Even though I was a cop, and maybe because I was a cop, I really don't want the government in my personal business for the most part!!
Just my

Sometimes paranoia is just a precautionary measure.

=============================
99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com