Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 rear Hoosiers mounted w/wheels for a 2004 KFX700 for sale $150.00  (Read 2038 times)
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:53:31 AM »

Below is the info specific to the tires/wheels, I found Charlie on Craigslist and have been corresponding with him for the last 2 wks on buying these from him but I just realized the wheels/tires are 11" diameter and I have 10" diameter wheels so I figured I would forward the info on to the rest of the SDTA to See if anyone else could use them. email him for pics.

My phone number is (cell) 407-470-6291. His name is Charlie
catfishmouth1@gmail.com

They are Hoosier ATV Flat-Track tires (T20 hard compound option, size printed on tire is 18.0x11.0-10) mounted on Douglas Red Label (heavy-duty) 11" tall by 10" wide aluminum rims.  These tires show very little wear, they have very deep tread left.  They look darn near new.  I got the hard compound option when I ordered them because I was more interested in being able to spin them (and do donuts/fishtailing).  However, I have found on hard-packed dirt, they hook very very well and the acceleration is blistering.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »

I think the guy is mistaken. The only tire Hoosier makes for an 11" rim is a mini sprint tire with a 70" rollout. Way too big for a quad. 

The way the tires in the ad reads- 18x11.0x10-means it is 18" tall, 11" wide, and fits a 10" rim

According to the Hoosier book those are the "Tri-Trac" tires (the ones with the triangle tread)
They come in two compounds- T-10 which is soft/medium and T-20 which is medium/firm.

Also, check the lug pattern, I had a KFX700 and a YFZ a couple of years ago, and I'm not sure the rims will interchange. I'm not sure on that though.....

They may have "blistering acceleration" on asphalt, but the T-20's would probably be too hard (unless heavily prepped/softened) for most of our dirt track applications.

Just my $.02
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »

Hey Brady thanks for the education on the wheel specs, I actually had that info written down in my notes but did not read through them until our phone conversation. One of these days I will finally get the quad set up correctly & hopefully learn how to ride it so I can hang with that larger gentleman on the Kawasaki. Grin

I did some research on the bolt pattern and it appears these wheels will only fit Kawasaki unless some other brand has the same bolt pattern as listed below in the specs. If your want these and can not justify the drive I could bring them to T-Bowl this Sat for you.

4/137 This product can be used with Model Year Part# Kawasaki KFX 700 03-06 T9PSBK-1 Kawasaki KFX 700 03-06 T9PSBK-2 Kawasaki KFX 700 03-06 T9PSBK-3 Kawasaki KFX 700 03-06 T9PSBK-4

S.M.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 12:01:40 PM »

I don't need them. The KFX700's have a lug pattern that is unique to them. My Kawasaki 450, as well as the newer Suzuki's use the standard Honda lug pattern.

Larger gentleman on the Kawi?..... pffffttttt........ that's just hurtful Cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com