Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 SDTA Race Calendar- NEW!! Thunderbowl added  (Read 16405 times)
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 08:36:35 PM »

Can't argue with logic like that!! Smiley

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »

Don't pay any attention to his "logic". He's still all hyped on his win at Jasper and high on adrelaline from breaking into Thunderbowl.
Sandbagger11

annoying people since 1974

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »

OH SNAP.

07 Maxium TT Vet champ
cjcracing

Merritt Webb #6, Tonya McWethy#15

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »

Just was wondering about the Auburndale racing every other weekend starting Aug 2nd?  Has anyone heard anything more about that?
Thanks
Tonya

CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 07:40:41 PM »

How did the race @ Thunderbowl turn out today?

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 12:59:52 PM »

Once again a GREAT night of racing THANKS to Brady & crew. Rain missed the track. They even had to water the track between practice & the first heats......They sent us vintage bike out second after the pee wees on a freshly water track....which personally didn t work for me as I went down twice going into turn 3 on two different starts. Then almost lost it coming out of 4.......then decided...heck with this $#@% and pulled off on lap 6.  Track started coming in after the first round of heats and got better as the night progressed. Am sure Brady and crew will update all ......those crazy people are probably out on the track again for practice day. Don t know how they do it. Was alot of good racing too. Brady was flying and showed his racing skills coming out of turn 4 on two wheels...the outside two Smiley and then pulled it back in for the SAVE of the night. sprint cars also were flying. I don t know these guys but the 88 and another car battled it out the entire final and the 88 was about a half a straight away behind the leader......not sure what happen as I didn t pay attention one lap and the next thing I see is the 88 putting a move on the leader and won. Kurt Brady smoked the expert class ahead of Brantley. Between those two guys it depends on who is on their game including Shawn when he is in attendance. Last race, Brantley smoked the class. This week Kurt. Definitely missed the McNarys to add to the show. John Ascyue won the vintage class and did my best to pass him but just couldn t clear him and ended up 2nd about a bike length behind him. I tried to read the rule book and find a rule that prohibited Ascyue from running Vintage and was going to protest.......but couldn t find the ruling Wink . Sorry I don t know the quad racers more. Great racing there too I just don t know who they are. Seems like everyone is getting faster as the season progresses

Ward
#66Q
Vintage Motorcycles

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 03:36:15 PM »

Yeah, Ward did chase John around the track. I'd stay with them both for a lap and a half then make a mistake and they'd be gone. The track was good and tacky; there was good grip all around the track after the first heat races. The track started to come in really good for the features, although the groove got a bit bumpy and grooved. My bike is sprung pretty hard and does well on a smooth track, but it isn't for the faint of heart with it bumpy. I guess one day when I grow up, I'll learn to alter the suspension to make things work better. Seems like I got good holeshots and would end up second or third into the first turn and make for interesting riding all packed up like that. Great to be back out there.
Richard
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:37:55 PM by stgsali » Logged

yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »

I'll get Brady next time around!!! That old Bultaco was haulin' last night. He seemed a little faster than usual. I really enjoy watching the bikes. Even though there are two wheels missing!! Grin   

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »

Those extra two wheels you talk about are training wheels!! I think it is more fun with two. Besides, four wheels should have a steering wheel and cage around you!! Grin
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:18:35 PM by stgsali » Logged

BT243

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »

Auburndale is going to race Sat Aug 2....Gates open at 8:00 with race starting at 12:00 ... not to sure about the every other weekend....They said they will not schedule a race the same time as T-Bowl
It's great that other tracks are interested in our program, this could be a great opportunity for more exposure of our type of racing

For information call Rich at the Auburndale track  #863-662-8259
Or contact me and I'll try to help.      Bob #863-640-3168
supervcycle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 11:15:15 PM »

Huh sorry guys but the thunderbowl was the roughest track i've raced on yet.the straights were smooth but the corners were rutted so badly it remined me of a motorcross track after ten races. i almost got pogoed off the seat three times by the holes and ruts in turn three. one rut twisted my left foot and it flug back and hit my swingarm,riped my boot and ruined them.the corners should have been graded and rolled during intermission. other than that i had a great time.
#38 nate

affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 04:07:16 PM »

Hey Nate, glad you had a good time, Please keep in mind that Brady has been dealing with alot of rain during the wk that causes wash outs and plenty of work just to provide a decent racing surface. I am sure with time that he will have the track back to perfect race conditions just like it was in the past.

I'm sure that the 30yr old suspension on your bike is not very conducive to handling rough tracks but neither is grading and rolling a track at intermission, this would cause a very lengthly delay for everyone. What kind of boots are you wearing? I would suggest upgrading to modern motocross style for added protection and knee braces are a must when racing flat track due to knee/ankle twist are very common on the tacky clay surfaces.

Are you coming to Auburndale on Sat? If you are and you want to check out my knee braces I would be happy to show them to you.

S.M.

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 05:41:04 PM »

Definately had a great time as always - it was nice seeing everyone again and of course was great watchin some good races Smiley

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
supervcycle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »

oh im sure the 30 year old suspension had something to do with it. but im not the only one that complained about it. i know brady has his hands full, i like the guy and i like the track ,it just got really ruff as the night progressed. will defantly be back . we are planning to race at auburndale sat. see ya there.

#38 nate

deo vindice
Orangecycle1

Go Fast Turning Left

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 08:57:14 PM »

I know Pat and I had a great time, it has been 24 years since I threw a leg over a flat tracker. As for 30 year old suspension, I rode a bike like that back in the day and have rode rougher tracks. My suspension was 30 days old and the track was rough for the main event, but all I can say is THANK YOU Mr. Brady for being there for us. Without Brady and the others, where would we ride. I think he is doing a HECK of a job, he does have other things going on in his life. All in all it was a great night, we all left at a decent hour, no one got hurt, some equipment damage, but that's racing.

David

Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2008 ATK/Cannondale 450FT Quad
2008 ATK/cannondale 450FT Motorcycle
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Parts discounts to SDTA and SSQSA Members
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »

What I did like about Sat. nite is how smooth it went. I think since it was so bumpy that it made people more aware of the riders around them. Sometimes, it seems, when the track is really smooth that some take more extreme chances than they do when the track is rough. I know it had me hunting for a faster line and smoother way around. Hat's off to Brady for keeping things on schedule and getting it done before 11:00. Someone once told me that a real racer will adapt to conditions and learn to take advantage of a bad situation. I am still learning to do just that, I just need to get some more seat time.
Shawn, missed you not making it a show in the expert class. Brantley and Kurt put on a good show. Kurt was taking it to Brantley this time. Still was close racing. You missed out!
Richard
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:41:50 AM by stgsali » Logged

Honda85

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »

O.K.---------Now let's see the rest of the race calender!!!!!!!!
AUBURNDALE TRACK

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 06:14:36 PM »

no auburndale race this weekend...........with the rain and everything cant get the track ready with both events....plus i had only 2 people that said they were coming........

rich parsons
863-662-8259
cjcracing

Merritt Webb #6, Tonya McWethy#15

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »

Are we going to try for the 16th at Auburndale?  our crew will be there!
Tonya

CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad
supervcycle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »

was bringing two for the race! i know the rain destroys tracks let us know if ya change yor mind!

deo vindice
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com