Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noise complaints  (Read 18546 times)
dvx400#1
Supreme Member

ride hard, ride fast, and ride safe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 04:28:24 AM »

hey that's a good one, i'll have to remenber that one Grin
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 04:37:51 AM »

arv-trailer,

so times it comes to the point you have to strike back at the old fart. give him something else to worry about?? Play loud music (heavy metal) and after he deals with that. him may not think the quads is so bad. Me personal I will go talk to man again and if that didnt work then you have no choice.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2004, 04:59:53 AM »

THIS IS THE REASON I MOVED TO THE COUNTRY, I GREW UP IN A SUBDIVISION AND HAD THE COPS CALLED ALL THE TIME DUE TO MY WILD HABITS, I COULDNT LIVE LIKE THAT IF IM PAYING FOR SOMETING (HOUSE) THEN I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DUE WHAT I WANT (HAVEING FUN) LIFES TO SHORT AND ALL PEOPLE ARE DIFFRENT AND LIKE DIFFRENT THINGS. I LIKE TO RIDE SO I BOUGHT 2 ACRES IN THE COUNTRY. BEEN LIVING THERE OVER 10 YEARS HEY NO COPS AND I KNOW YOU MY NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR SITUATION NOW BUT FOOD FOR THOUGHT ON THE NEXT HOUSE. BUT I DO LIKE THE ADDRESS CHANGE IDEA.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
ironside

ignorance is a bad thing!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 05:04:23 AM »

say go to the post office and fill out a change of address form for your neighbor. If nothing else, he will be more miserable when his bills are late because of no mail.

Man that's dirty pool.. I LIKE IT [smiley=EvilSmile.gif]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 05:05:32 AM by kfx400 » Logged
L.E._YFZ_2005
Supreme Member

Ride Or Die In Quad I Trust

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 05:19:45 AM »

we  live in a private community over here and theres bout 15 of us with b ikes. we all ride though th neiborhood all day every day.. they got to the point  that if they heard a bike start up they would call in..  cops would ocme and say they couldnt do anything cuz they dont have authoritys on out road... so we wold find out who they where and make it a point to go ride near there hosue and do wheelies  by them every moment we could needlest to say outta the 8 that complained only 3 live in the neiborhood the rest moved out and outta the 5 that left 3 of the new owners ride atvs =)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition

sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120
Michelle
Supreme Member

Bumper {~,~}

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2004, 05:25:26 AM »

1ST off dont you dare do the whole change of addy!
Why thats illegal to mess w/someone else's mail...
Plus you'll need some form of his ID........dont ask me how I would know that Grin

Instead of feeding you info to further aggravate this Neighbor of your's,,,,,,,,leading him to do the same to you.

Blow him off and continue on your merry lil' way.You said so yourself the officer can not really do anything.
Do NOT let him ruin YOUR fun!I would ride like I normally do Wink
And if you do not wish to purchase quiter pipes,then dont Grin
I personally would not,considering it's such a small amount of YOUR fun time[smiley=Approve.gif]

« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 05:27:01 AM by MHOLL » Logged
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2004, 06:42:09 AM »

Michelle is 100% correct on theaddy change. That was meant as a joke and nothing else.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2004, 07:01:19 AM »

well for the first 5 days i had the bike a cop came every day, and they stopped for a while, and now a cop came today saying that the guy is gonna go to court and file a peace ordinance against me because if he wants to take a nap at like 3pm then he should be able to.( he lives less than 1/4 a mile from a landfill, i would think that he would hate that more than my dumb quad) :-/, well since he did this im gonna get a stock exhaust for it so its quiet, and when i go to croom or someplace to ride thats when il put on my shorty Wink

YOU'LL ADD JETTING ISSUES WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO DO THIS

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2004, 07:03:20 AM »

1ST off dont you dare do the whole change of addy!
Why thats illegal to mess w/someone else's mail...
Plus you'll need some form of his ID........dont ask me how I would know that Grin

Instead of feeding you info to further aggravate this Neighbor of your's,,,,,,,,leading him to do the same to you.

Blow him off and continue on your merry lil' way.You said so yourself the officer can not really do anything.
Do NOT let him ruin YOUR fun!I would ride like I normally do Wink
And if you do not wish to purchase quiter pipes,then dont Grin
I personally would not,considering it's such a small amount of YOUR fun time[smiley=Approve.gif]

[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif] [smiley=Clap.gif]
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2004, 07:54:02 AM »

The cop said that they cant do anything to me, but if they win in court for the disturbing the peace then they could right me sitations.

05 450r #13B
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2004, 08:21:28 AM »

The cop said that they cant do anything to me, but if they win in court for the disturbing the peace then they could right me sitations.

That may be correct, but I don't beleive he can win without a noise ordanance. Also he will need to pay the court cost up front to file the fees so it will cost him to do that. Then after he loses you can be out there at 12am and stand on the throttle and he cannot do anything about it. HEHEHE Make his life miserable.   HEHE   He will eventually move out of the neighborhhod. Just don't send him my way.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2004, 08:37:41 AM »

OK, everyone with a loud pipe,,,,let's gather at atvtrailer's place and ride.

next group ride?

I'm in.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
L.E._YFZ_2005
Supreme Member

Ride Or Die In Quad I Trust

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2004, 08:51:20 AM »

im for the ride =) ill bring both loud bikes =)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition

sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2004, 08:55:45 AM »

LETS DO IT [smiley=Wacko.gif]

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2004, 10:21:55 AM »

I'm there. We'll have him packing his house up before the day is over. Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2004, 10:27:02 AM »

If all else fails, try this......

Anger Management

When you occasionally have a really bad day and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know. It all started one day when I was sitting at my desk and remembered a phone call I had forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered, saying, "Hello." I politely said, "This is Stephen. May I please speak with Robin Carter"? Suddenly, the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude.

I tracked down Robin's correct number and called her. I had transposed the last two digits of her phone number. After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled, "You're an ***hole!" and hung up. I wrote his number down with the word '***hole' next to it and put it in my desk drawer.

Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, "You're an ***hole!" It always cheered me up.

When Caller ID came to our area, I thought my therapeutic '***hole' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, "Hi, this is John Smith from the Telephone Company. I'm just calling to see if you're interested in the Caller ID program?"

He yelled, "NO!" and slammed the phone down.

I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're an ***hole!"

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW M3 cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I had been waiting for the spot.

The idiot ignored me and then stuck his middle finger out the window and waved it around. I noticed he had a "For Sale" sign in his car window, so I wrote down his number.

A couple of days later, right after calling the first ***hole, (I had his number on speed dial), I thought I had better call the BMW ***hole, too I said, "Is this the man with the black BMW M3 for sale?"

"Yes, it is."

"Can you tell me where I can see it?"

"Yes, I live at 1802 West 34th Street. It's a very modern white house and the car's parked right out in front."

"What's your name?" I asked. "My name is Don Burgemeyer," he said.

"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"

"I'm home every evening after five."

"Listen, Don, can I tell you something?"

"Yes?"

"Don, you're an ***hole." Then I hung up and added his number to my speed dial, too. Now, when I had a problem, I had two ***holes to call.

But after several months of calling them, it wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be. So I came up with an idea. I called ***hole #1. "Hello." "You're an ***hole!" (But I didn't hangup.)

"Are you still there?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Stop calling me," he screamed.

"Make me," I said.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"My name is Don Burgemeyer."

"Yeah? Where do you live?"

"***hole, I live at 1802 West 34th Street, a white house and to make easy for you, my black BMW M3 is parked in front."

He said, "I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers."

I said, "Yeah, like I'm really scared, *******. Bring your lunch!!"

Then I called ***hole #2.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hello, ***hole," I said.

He yelled, "If I ever find out who you are!.."

"You'll what?" I said.

"I'll kick your ***." he exclaimed.

I answered, "Well, ***hole, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now."

Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 1802 West 34th Street and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover. Then I called Channel 9 News about the gang war going down on West 34th Street. I quickly got into my car and headed over to 34th street.

There I saw two ***holes beating the crap out of each other in front of six squad cars, a police helicopter and a news crew.

NOW, I feel better. Anger management really works!

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2004, 10:31:46 AM »

lol... I remember when you originally posted that a while back.  That is freaking hilarious. I'm still rolling.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2004, 10:38:12 AM »

innocent_bystander

Polaris Sportsman 500 w/ Blue Bug Lights

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2004, 10:46:54 AM »

Neighbors are real improtant, and being civil (it goes both ways) is a must. I have a rule, if a neighbor calls the cops before stopping by to talk the situation out, then screw em. If they arent 'neighborly' enough to come over and work it out between us, then I dont care about them.

I got a neighbor across the street from me who has a garage band. They are pretty good. They never bother me, but one night I had to be up early, and they left the garage door open, and were playing esp loud. Yeah it would have been easier to pick up the phone and call the cops, and we do have a noise ordinance, but screw that. I got up walked over and stood infront of the garage, after one look at me and my expression, and I got an apology and sound sleep. Never had a problem again.

When people don't comprimise thats when problems happen. And im a malicious person. If you want some ideas to get back at the old guy, let me know I got a million. Have you ever taken an axe to the water main, right below the shut off valve?

I say let the ATP guys get a hold of your quad to make it real loud, and ride all the time.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 10:48:08 AM by innocent_bystander » Logged

Life is all about @$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2004, 11:53:48 AM »

Actually if you just go to his house and tell him to go on here and look at this post, he will probably move anyways.

atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2004, 12:01:27 PM »

there is a noise ordinance but its very minor because its mainly like farm/wooded area around where i live, u cant make noise that can be heard over a mile away from 10pm-4am. and im no where close too that time period so im not sure what his problem is Huh
Another confusing factor is there is a chopper shop which is less than 1/4 a mile away from his house( its at the end of their road) and those choppers make my quad sound like a little mouse  Huh
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 12:31:15 PM by atvtrailer » Logged

05 450r #13B
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2004, 12:57:37 PM »

there is a noise ordinance but its very minor because its mainly like farm/wooded area around where i live, u cant make noise that can be heard over a mile away from 10pm-4am. and im no where close too that time period so im not sure what his problem is Huh
Another confusing factor is there is a chopper shop which is less than 1/4 a mile away from his house( its at the end of their road) and those choppers make my quad sound like a little mouse  Huh

Sounds like we having a 4:01am until 10pm group ride at atvtrailers place. HEHE

atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2004, 01:01:49 PM »

well there would be a few problems with that:
1: i dont got much area to park at
2: im not sure whether it would disturb our horses, and my mom wouldnt let me do it especially if it would disturb her darling horses lol

05 450r #13B
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2004, 07:15:24 PM »

I totaly agree with with yunt. But I would take it even further. Get a couple of buddies to come over with quads and have a tunin party in the front yard. You aren't doin nothin wrong so screw em! I like to wait for about an hour after the cop next door gets home (I figure he's just goin to sleep) that's when I turn the backyard into me personal riding area. My fmf T4 pipe outta be loud enough to raddle his windows. I know, I know I'm an azz hole but you gotta do somethin when you're not ridin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com