Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Anyone riding Osceola on a regular basis?
yes
no
never gonna do it

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osceola National Forest OHV trails  (Read 11320 times)
megapurt400

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »

For the past several weekends we (our group) have been riding in Osceola National forest. Let me first say what a beautiful and undiscovered park for ATV riding. I noticed on your website it says they have many unmarked trails. This is not correct. Out of the 195,000 acres they have approximately 80% marked very well. As far as conditions, if it rains is is a loamy riding trail otherwise it is very typical of Florida, dusty.

I have ridin in several areas and have spoke to the FWC controlling the area, they ride with their families and are very prone to keep it safe an available to law abiding ATV'ers. I have found in so many places mud holes and fast long trails with many switchbacks and many little high speed jumps throughout the park, also if you own a utility there are many undiscovered or trails not traveled by ATV's just dirt-bikes and Jeep traffic, as all trials that are marked are done so with Jeep, Dirt-bike, and ATV signs.

Each trial is two way with about a twelve foot width. Each trail is clearly marked not just at the trail heads but along the trial every 500ft or so. Each trail has clear yellow directional arrows at "T"'s and one ways. I write this because there is so much unridin marked trail systems and I know you could get the word out that this is an up to date and fun park to ride with many, many, many miles of trails.
tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:06:45 AM »

is there a certain location to go to for parking and starting out ??  Do you need permits ??
Any information would be appreciated.

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:01:03 PM »

Is there mud and water there? I like the deep water.

GiterDONE.........
megapurt400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 08:46:49 AM »

Yeah the best starting point I have found is go out to the airport on 90west and turn right on Mt. Carrie rd and go down aprox 1/2 mile and park on the side of the road.

There are plenty of mudholes and water areas in this park. Jeeps have been playing here for years in the mud and all the outskirt mudholes are for atv's. Yes tons of water and dry riding alike. Be carefull going way to fast on the trails this is a forest and trees do fall!
ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 12:11:08 AM »

how do i get there from orlando. I will try it out eventually.

GiterDONE.........
megapurt400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 07:47:39 AM »

From Orlando, I would say the quickest way is to go up US441 to US27 into Ocala I75North to Lake City Take US90East to the Lake City Municipal airport and turn left on Mt. Carrie Rd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com