Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about polaris xplorer steering  (Read 1948 times)
dantheman001

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »

im new to the whole atv scene, i just recently bought a 2003 polaris xplorer, and when riding down the street the steering shifted slightly to the left and stuck... i could see it posing a problem, anyone have any knowledge on this? im going to check it out tomorrow, gotta go to work early in the a.m. and dont have time to check it now, just curious as to what i should look for when i do check it out. thanks for any replies
Slick89

Chevrolet all the way!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 02:10:01 AM »

is it pulling or jerking to one side? is it a 4x4?

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593
dantheman001

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 04:03:06 AM »

yes to both
Slick89

Chevrolet all the way!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:14:47 PM »

check and see if the front hubs have fluid. if its low then it will cause the 4x4 to catch sometimes which will cause a pull or a jerk. i had a scrambler that did this. my left front was low the it was trying to lock in and causing it to jerk at times. if you turn the hub you should see a set screw. unscrew it and turn the hub to the 3 o'clock position and if fluid is not visible or running out then its low. it takes polaris hub lube which you can get fairly cheap and each hub takes about 5oz each. Also it wouldnt hurt to to take the hubs apart and clean the bearing and so on to make sure its free from dirt. Also make sure the brake isnt sticking. hope that helps

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com