Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: University of Florida Ocala Study  (Read 3171 times)
dirtyrooster

Ride it like you hate it!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:59 PM »

A few weeks ago while riding at Lake Delancey I was approached by two UF students and asked to fill out a survey, I agreed. Today I recieved another survey from the School of Forest Resources and Conservation and like before, I filled it out and returned it. The surveys questions were directed  mostly to O.H.V. and ATV enthusiasts. The point of contact for the survey is an Associate Professor at 352-846-0860. This phone number was on the survey for diect responses, so I assume it's OK for me to post it. Anyway, if you're looking to voice your opinions about ATV use in Ocala National Forest, here's your chance!
                                                                                                P.S.
                                                                                                   If you do call please be NICE  Nerd
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:25:01 PM by dirtyrooster » Logged

'06 Predator 500
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »

About a month ago I was approached by 2 students at big scrub and did the servey too. I received another servey in the mail this week too which i filled out and returned . I hope this servey helps.

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 03:31:05 PM »

I was also approached by 2 students,they asked if I wanted to have a threesome but they were guys so I said hell no.and got the hell outta there

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
runfox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »

Just came back from riding May 3, 4 LAke Delancy West. Great experience, we took the survey also. I hope a lot of OHV riders take the survey, great way to make our voices heard.

By the way , this was my first time riding the Ocala forest, I have read all sorts of negative comments about rangers hassling people, would never go back, blah, blah.... I'm guessing that mainly the Big Scrub experience.Not so at Delancy , guess not as many people are willing to go to the northern trails.Well we rode Friday evning till Sat afternoon, I think we saw one ranger, I don't think he even checked out trucks for the Riding permit stub, no hassles, no contact with us at all. We basically had most of the camp, except for one or two other campers to ourself all friday. We rode at night till 11.00 pm, saw people riding on the rodes, basically all the things your not supposed to do, no ranger hassles!!! JUst a great time, lots of dust clouds, only wish we had some rain. e will be back there again. it;s only an hour and a half from my house to Delancy so no reason I cant ride all day and come back home, Lots of fun, miles of trails, I think we only just began to explore them.

My the Force be with you, the BRUTE FORCE that is!!
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »

Just because you rode in the ONF one time doesn't mean what people have said about there expirences isn't true. I ride the forest about twice a month and have seen some of this first hand, and yes if some had known about the new rules they could have avoided the run ins with the rangers. Not all the rangers i have talked with are bad , but some just can't wait to write someone a ticket.

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:18:33 PM »

I've ridden Scrub and Delancy for about 5 years and run into both kinds of rangers if you catch my drift. We mostly ride slow as I've got a daughter on a quad and not really into hauling butt, spinning donuts or any of the things they ask you not to do. I've seen a lot of abuse by people who don't care about anything but their fun and how they see fit to have it. I don't go as much as we used to but when we do we enjoy it and don't mind the rules as long as it's reasonable. By the way, you said you rode til 11:00. I thought you had only til 1.5 hours after sunset or has that changed? I guess it is about 8:30 or 9:00 when it get's dark so maybe you're not too late.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
runfox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 11:09:51 PM »

stacktester yeah it was late, We didn't plan on riding that late. We missed a turn on the trail and ended up way off from our camp. We found a hard pack road and took it back to the trail we  were looking for. So yeah We were breaking the rules running late and on a road, I wouldn't have minded seeing a Ranger then, he probably could have helped us find our way back sooner. This was our first time riding in Ocala, so we were getting the hang of the trail system.

My the Force be with you, the BRUTE FORCE that is!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com