Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viper winches  (Read 2406 times)
Slick89

Chevrolet all the way!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:16:34 AM »

I'm just curious if anyone uses a Viper winch. Are they any good??

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:08:10 AM »

Well, my buddy ran one for a while, no problems with the 3k.  He origionally had the 4k and it locked up after a few rides (we later found out, it isn't advertised as "waterproof"

I just burned mine today (venom 3k), so I'm going to take it apart, I'm not too happy, this was only my 2nd time using it.

Then again, I dont' feel bad (I used to have a warn) and one of the guys I was riding with burned her 2500 warn trying to pull an RUV taht I specifically told her not to!

Anyway, it's hit or miss with venom.  IMO it's worth the money if it works only a few times...it's 1/3 of the price of a warn.  The only reason why MY warn broke is because someone was stupid that I was pulling out and hit the gas in foward with slack in the line, they cracked my winch in half...no BS

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com