Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Croom..1.1 million $$$  (Read 3031 times)
Southern Outlaw

To finish 1st U must 1st finish

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:20:24 PM »

Withlacoochee Raked In $1.1 Million Last Year

Since permits became mandatory in 2002, the Croom Motorcycle Area has become a major source of revenue for the Florida Division of Forestry.

Depending on which time of year they are purchased, permits for motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles can cost up to $50 per machine.

For fiscal year 2006-2007, the state collected $792,215 from those who used the Croom Motorcycle Area, according to figures obtained by the Division of Forestry.

That does not include the fees for Withlacoochee State Forest overnight campers who pay for access to the motorcycle area.

The state park brought a total of more than $1.1 million in revenue during the last fiscal year, according to the Division of Forestry.

So where in the hell is this money GOING?Huh    Not spent in trail grooming that is for sure!!!!!!

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you
predatorracer8

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 12:27:31 PM »

ya i know i say they need to invest in some machinery to maintain croom. i was just there thursday and i seen they put up some trail markers and directional arrows up so atleast its somewat of an improvement
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 01:12:14 PM »

croom brings in more $$$ than all other state parks combined. you would think they would open a few more riding areas on state land.but politics are politics and politics suck!

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »

No matter how much money they make it doesn't affect thier budget. When we were there last we asked why there wasn't any benches in the showers. They said it wasn't in the budget.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Slick89

Chevrolet all the way!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 02:09:38 PM »

Everyone should just go to motoplex and help paul out... atleast he improves the place... everytime i go there somethings different... he's always adding things... and for just 10 bucks you cant go wrong.

I never been to croom but ive hear alot and just just listening i dont think its really with the drive for me. When a place brings in that much income and by looking at it you cant tell.. theres something wrong

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »

I would but Croom is 3 hours and the motoplex is 5 1/2 hours from my house. I like being able to ride all day and then go out and eat in a restaurant for dinner.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
predatorracer8

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »

croom is just up i-75 from me like 30-40 minutes an im there, i like croom because you can just go and not worry about wat direction you need to be going all you need to no is wats north wats south and just gho that way and you'll be were you want to be. the motoplex is a nice place and i will be up there more when i get my truck which hopefully will be soon.

jake
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com