Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help: Honda Foreman Carberator  (Read 1029 times)
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »

I have an 06 Honda Foreman and I think I have some dirt or whatnot in the carberator.  How difficult is it to access it and clean it out ?? 

I have my carberator vent hose snorkeled up to the front of my bike and recently when I went in some water I lost throttle power (not sure if it had anything to do with the water though).  I blew air back into the vent line to clear out the carberator and it fixed the problem temporarily.  The problem keeps popping up here and there and I'm not sure why but its annoying.  And for some reason it seems like it happens when I go in deep water.  I checked the vent line and there are no holes in the tubing.  Could this problem be caused by anything else.....say something to do with my spark plug ??  My spark plug rubber case had a rip in it and I just wrapped it with electrical tape.  Any help would be apprecaited.

p.s. I know this should be in the Tech section but I don't get any responses there lol

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »

Did it start sputtering right after you entered the water? If so, you might have missed one of the vent lines. There is one line that comes on the bike from the factory that just needs to be extended (this is the overflow line). The second vent hole does not come from the factory with a hose on it. You will need to put a hose on it and zip tie it tight. It sits right undernieth the carb and is a bit bigger than all the other vent line nipples. You might have to feel around for it but this drain goes directly to your bowl which is why it sputters for so long.

Mine would cut out on me all the time in water but the day I put the line on this other hole it worked great. My bike would sputter for at least 10 or 20 minutes once it got water in the carb. Also, dont forget to drain the carb before you start. There is a small screw on the right side of the carb that you will need to loosen to get the water out of there. It's tricky to reach so use a long, small flathead.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com