Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urine Test  (Read 5087 times)
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2007, 07:51:43 PM »

Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on there feet . I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their as_. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?Huh??

Please pass this along if you agree or look the other way if you don't. Hope you all pass it along, though. Something has to change in the country and soon!!!!!!!!!!

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
caospop
Supreme Member

BOOMSHAKAALAAAKAAA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:55:39 PM »

OMG absolutely... The nieghbor hood you live in determines if your a "Tax Payer" or a " Tax Collector"...

2007 Polaris Sportsman
trey82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 08:14:50 PM »

That's the greatest idea I've ever herd!

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 08:16:33 PM »

I agree with 100%, I have never and will never go on unemployment, our government does not owe me a job, to think I am too lazy to get a job or too high and mighty to work at a low level job is unacceptable, anyone who says they can't find a job or can't keep one DO NOT WANT A JOB my wife and son need a man with job not a boy with excuses... sorry this subject is sore with me also

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 01:02:34 PM »

It will never happen....the liberals wont allow it.
X-DreamChick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 01:38:01 PM »

They would have to fire half of the Congress people and some other politicans. Not going to happen, sorry.

Quod me non interficit me confirmat
logandzwon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 02:50:33 PM »

I agree with 100%, I have never and will never go on unemployment, our government does not owe me a job, to think I am too lazy to get a job or too high and mighty to work at a low level job is unacceptable, anyone who says they can't find a job or can't keep one DO NOT WANT A JOB my wife and son need a man with job not a boy with excuses... sorry this subject is sore with me also

Since welfare stamps can't be used to buy illegal, or legal drugs I'm not sure I agree with the original post, but I do respect the basic idea.  However, collecting unemployment insurance has nothing to do with the original idea.  You pay for that insurance out of your paycheck.  Your employer co-pays for it also.  It is a federated insurance, a service you pay for.  Not collecting on it is no different then not collecting on your insurance if someone stole your car, or robed your house.  Of course, to be legal you must be actively looking for a job, and taking work if offered.  The idea to help displaced workers fired threw no fault of their own from running into fiscal problems and causing a bigger social problems.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 04:26:25 PM »

Since welfare stamps can't be used to buy illegal, or legal drugs I'm not sure I agree with the original post, but I do respect the basic idea.  However, collecting unemployment insurance has nothing to do with the original idea.  You pay for that insurance out of your paycheck.  Your employer co-pays for it also.  It is a federated insurance, a service you pay for.  Not collecting on it is no different then not collecting on your insurance if someone stole your car, or robed your house.  Of course, to be legal you must be actively looking for a job, and taking work if offered.  The idea to help displaced workers fired threw no fault of their own from running into fiscal problems and causing a bigger social problems.
Dont be naive, the crack dealers will gladly give someone $10 worth of crack for $50 worth  of food stamps. Then they take that to a jiffy store owned by a terrorist & trade the $50 worth of food stamps for $25 worth of Old English or Schlitz!!!

As for the unemployment thing, I agree with you there. You do pay for it, so use it as a last resort.
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »

Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on there feet . I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their as_. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?Huh??

Please pass this along if you agree or look the other way if you don't. Hope you all pass it along, though. Something has to change in the country and soon!!!!!!!!!!
First Place First Place First Place First Place First Place First Place First Place Toast Toast Toast Toast Toast Toast Lecture Lecture Lecture Lecture Lecture

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 05:05:40 PM »

As for the idea that you pay for it might as well use it, other than voting it out you have no choice in the matter, you have to pay it, as for getting fired for no reason, it sucks... life sucks... find another job... these people always want someone to catch them when they fall down.  In the time and effort someone put into applying for unemployment I will have another job.  I don't know if this applies to this conversation but the whole generation that thinks everyone owes them something just irritates me.  I do think there is a good side to this, it is making the weak, weaker and the strong, stronger.....well....... I don't know if thats good... it goes back to the whole poor class or rich class... no middle class.  Ladies and Gentlemen time to sink or swim!  Wink

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
logandzwon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 10:23:29 PM »

Dont be naive, the crack dealers will gladly give someone $10 worth of crack for $50 worth  of food stamps. Then they take that to a jiffy store owned by a terrorist & trade the $50 worth of food stamps for $25 worth of Old English or Schlitz!!!

I have never done crack, so I couldn't argue that point, lol.  But, whats the difference between trading your stamps for crack or alcohol?  Or even cigarettes for that matter?  Should poor people not be allowed to drink or smoke either?  You want to buy your less fortunate buddy a drink, but he can't drink it because he'll wife and baby will loose their wic check?  I agree with the idea here, I just can't see it working out in a way that makes sense and is fair.  Also, who is going to pay for all these drug test?  What about the person that needs to administer them?  How about people with shy bladder,(which means can't "perform" under pressure)?

As for the idea that you pay for it might as well use it, other than voting it out you have no choice in the matter, you have to pay it, as for getting fired for no reason, it sucks... life sucks... find another job... these people always want someone to catch them when they fall down.  In the time and effort someone put into applying for unemployment I will have another job.  I don't know if this applies to this conversation but the whole generation that thinks everyone owes them something just irritates me.  I do think there is a good side to this, it is making the weak, weaker and the strong, stronger.....well....... I don't know if thats good... it goes back to the whole poor class or rich class... no middle class.  Ladies and Gentlemen time to sink or swim!  Wink

Multiple points here, it's not required you pay it.  If you own your own business or are a contractor then you pay no unemployment insurance.  There are some other case were you don't pay, but I'm not sure them.  The time effort thing really doesn't make any sense either, it takes less then 5 minutes to fill out the application on-line.  I filed at the office the day I got fired, (company was going out of business.)  This was circa 2002.  I work in IT.  There just weren't any job in linux administration.  Some fields just take longer to get a job in.  Even when there are jobs it takes awhile sometimes.  My current job,which I started 6 months ago, took about seven weeks from the first interview till my first day of work.  Then of course another 2 weeks till the first paycheck was issued and another couple days till I actually received it.  Now, I ran my own internet business before this, so (1) wasn't eligible for unemployment benefits, and (2) I kept doing my thing till it was time for the new job.  However, if I was in other circumstances, if say I had been working a place that ran out of funding like the place in 02, then had to start looking, even in today's job market that would have meant at lest three months with no income coming in to support my family and I.

Anyway, unemployment runs out.  You can only collect for about 6 months, or 1/4 your yearly salary, which ever comes first.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 10:32:47 PM by logandzwon » Logged
sparkplug01

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 10:42:04 PM »

I agree with ya 100%,I think the money should only go to people that try to help themselves or are disabled and cant physically work. And Just because you loose a job for whatever reason you cant tell me you haft to wait 7 weeks to find another one.Thats pure BS if you want to work you can find a job in a day or two.Might not be what your trained to do or want to do but if you want to work you will find a job .no excuses it all depends on how bad you want to work.All these people that cant find a job are just lazy and dont really want one.Just my .02
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 11:02:34 PM »

I could draw unemployment do the little requirements needed and get a little weekly check, ("whats owed to me") or A little more effort and poof i found a entry level job that paid more hmmm but now I actually have to work.  If a job takes 7 weeks to get it probably is a great job and i am sure it is worth all the wait and effort BUT for that 7 weeks some just choose the easy way out or some go out and make more than unemployment for 7 weeks.  No one is going to tell you can't find a job in 1 day that pays more than unemployment, I have done it many times, that probably insults me but it is the truth. (i did jump around for a while) 

sparkplug01

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 11:29:51 PM »

Thats what I'm saying.The job is worth waiting on to get but in the mean time you can still find a job to make a income.but alot of people will just sit at home and wait.then if that job falls through the world ends for them and they just keep sitting till finally they have no choice but to find something.I will never do without a job of some sort.I make real good money where I'm at and I love my job,but if I lost it today before I made it home I would have atleast 2 or 3 job aps in and a few phone calls.But I weld for a living I can get a job anywhere with my experience.not alot of purge welders around that are good.but just my .02 again but a real man will never let his family suffer from him not having a job if he's physically able to work.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 07:53:09 AM »

And then we open the can of worms called SSI.   Good program, badly abused. 
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »

And then we open the can of worms called SSI.   Good program, badly abused. 
You better spell that out for these guys... Wink
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 12:25:01 PM »

I work for the State and see SSI abused all too often.  There are plenty of people that are perfectly capable of working.  Just easier not to, and why not, they're getting paid. 

And as for the urine tests and being "shy"......drink enough water and wait in a lobby long enough....you'll learn to go.  Trust me.  I've made people wait hours before. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 01:59:37 PM »

A really long time ago I got laid off from an awesome job when the place closed, I drove to the unemployment office and I took one look at the folks and scene there and immediately drove to 7/11 to buy a Ft Lauderdale News to look in the help wanted ads. I wanted no part of that even though it was a pretty good chunk of free money I should have been entitled to. Worked out better since I was making more money two days later anyway.

Now as for a urine test, it is so easy to pass one full of drugs it isn't even worth trying to implement and would just be a bigger waste of money and resources. Blood and hair samples should be taken for any benefits IMO.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com