Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best track for beginner, Waldo or Pax??  (Read 3803 times)
JaxRiders

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2005, 05:15:45 PM »

Hi all,  is Waldo or Pax Trax a better track for beginners?  I ride a 250R and want to try out the track scene, but I am only a trail rider and have never been on a track.

I was looking at the Waldo pics and there doens't seem to be too many big jumps or unridable sections.  I noticed a woop section, can this part be avoided?

I am not a hardcore rider, just want to have a little fun.  Give me your opinions. Smoother track conditions are preferred, and trackside meal service! LOL Grin

1988 Trx 250R
2003 Banshee
2003 Raptor
dreth

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 05:32:29 PM »

hands down PAX TRAX!!!!!!!! only 4 doubles and they can all be avoided, smooth and hard packed dirt, great food , 4 bike washes , race fuel , and grand stand seating!

waldo is a great track but they have alot of doubles and the rhythem section is rough(if you cant make it) and not avoidable.

hope this helps Grin
JaxRiders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 08:04:56 PM »

Dreth: When you go to Pax, how much riding time can you actually get out on the track?  Do they only allow you to ride for a short time then keep rotating different groups of riders?

I want to get over there in the next week or so but want to know exactly what to expect.  Thanks for any and all the help with my questions!. Cool

1988 Trx 250R
2003 Banshee
2003 Raptor
dreth

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 04:24:12 PM »

it depends on how busy they are. if they only have like 50 or less riders they will have open practice , which means you can ride till the gas runs out. the worst it would be is you ride 20 min. out of every hour and that might not seem like much but you will be ready to go before they close if you get there early.

if you go on .......i believe thursday nights, its quads only nights and you will get alot of riding time.

anymore questions feel free to ask and i will help you in any way i can.

did you see the pics i posted at pax trax?
JaxRiders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 04:36:42 PM »

Dreth: You the man! Thanks for the detailed info.  By your description and pics you posted here in the site Pax looks awesome.  I am going to try and get down there within the next few weeks, it sounds like too much fun to miss out on.

BTW, I am trying to sell my 1988 restored and modified 250R through the Cycle Trader but am not having much luck.  Where would you recommend advertising it to get the most exposure?? My bike is absolutely mint, of show bike quality but its difficult to even get any calls on it??

1988 Trx 250R
2003 Banshee
2003 Raptor
dreth

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 04:15:36 AM »

the cycle trader has always worked for me! did you run it till it sells? if so be patient, it will sell Wink
Qdawg76
Supreme Member

AKA FLblaster. AKA FLsportsman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 03:05:38 PM »

I went on the waldo trip and the track was good but was brutal with the stock suspension. I am ready to hit Pax, Just let me know when you all are ready, its only 25 miin away,,,,,,, I know Bigg_pimpin wants to hit Pax also. Heck lets all go. Waldo's rythm section was real brutal but fun. I cant wait to ride again Grin

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 11:20:15 PM »

I am ready to hit Pax as well just need to figure out when. I know if I can get some seat time in before the 3rd I'd like to run the FTR race there. Let's set a date guys! Group Practice at Pax!!!! Grin

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

Finally, a place to meet other riders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 03:53:52 AM »

I was just talking to my wife about going to PAX yesterday.  Set the date and we are in.
MotoMike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 04:08:34 AM »

Count me in!

Mike
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 11:27:18 AM »

Where is PAX?

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Mrs.Nightbreed

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 07:59:36 PM »

There will be a few of us going this coming Sunday. Just found out tonight they are open 10-5 on Sundays. I need directions though. I went to their site and the only address on it is a PO Box :-/.  If anyone has specific directions that would be great. If not I can call tehm tomorrow and I will post directions. It is 25.00 a person to practice.
  Pimpin? Flea ( and Mrs. Flea Cool )? Flblastre? Moto?

Should I start a new thread or leave it since it is less than a week?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 08:03:49 PM by Mrs.Nightbreed » Logged
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 08:57:16 PM »

I'm in! I'll start us a thread  Wink

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com