Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: big scrub camping area  (Read 2509 times)
predatorracer8

« on: October 11, 2007, 02:32:20 PM »

never been out there before . i was wondering if it was completely necessary to have a gps. or is it that big that you can just keep track in your head? and is anybody planning to go out there this weekend i probably will be out there.
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »

never been out there before . i was wondering if it was completely necessary to have a gps. or is it that big that you can just keep track in your head? and is anybody planning to go out there this weekend i probably will be out there.
I would say take it the gps weight is nothing compared to the weight of the bike when you run out of gas pushing it cause you got lost and ran out of gas there are some trails that just go into another and then another and you will lose your way especially if you going for the first time with others that have not been there piece of mind is great and wear helmets and have all your papers for your bike ON HAND cause they will stop you just to look at them and you have to have them on you and most of all be safe and watch for crossing trails just in case. and stay on the side with the orange poles DO NOT ride the flat dirt road or under the powerlines IT CAN GET PRICEY if you are caught. and it is best if you pick some fire wood as you ride if your able cause around camp it is hard to find. DO NOT CUT ANYTHING DOWN take from the floor and be careful we found a scorpion in a log but only after we lite it up it came out so if you pick look at it good and if possible put a garbage bag around it to haul it other than that Have fun. and do not ride crazy in camp it does not go off too good lol
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:55:06 PM by Gato » Logged

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
predatorracer8

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 10:41:28 PM »

lol thanks ill post how it was on monday might be out there sunday either bs or croom
runfox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 11:49:15 AM »

Gato can I ask you some questions about Ocala as I have never been there. My son's friend has ans he says he doesnt want to go back because they are so strict about not riding in wetlands that if they even see mud on your bike they want to give you a ticket. I was looking on the web and looks like we can camp out and ride our quads from camp at Lake Delancy and at all the lake Delancy trails. Thats what I was wanting to do, have your quads with you in camp at night then ride from camp to the trails.

According to the US Forest web site Lake Delancy and Big Scrub are the only two places you can ride your bikes from campsite to trail , but soon they will change that to where you cant. I guess in the future you will have to park you quads at the trailheads, but thats gonna stink. Who would be comfortable parking thier trailers, trucks one place and camping at another? I wouldnt trust my new quad sitting somewhere I'm not.

My the Force be with you, the BRUTE FORCE that is!!
kawasakimojaverider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 11:15:36 PM »

Gato can I ask you some questions about Ocala as I have never been there. My son's friend has ans he says he doesnt want to go back because they are so strict about not riding in wetlands that if they even see mud on your bike they want to give you a ticket. I was looking on the web and looks like we can camp out and ride our quads from camp at Lake Delancy and at all the lake Delancy trails. Thats what I was wanting to do, have your quads with you in camp at night then ride from camp to the trails.

According to the US Forest web site Lake Delancy and Big Scrub are the only two places you can ride your bikes from campsite to trail , but soon they will change that to where you cant. I guess in the future you will have to park you quads at the trailheads, but thats gonna stink. Who would be comfortable parking thier trailers, trucks one place and camping at another? I wouldnt trust my new quad sitting somewhere I'm not.

thats one thing about ocala ya gotta watch out for those wood roaches
TRXASAURUS

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 10:05:41 AM »

lol thanks ill post how it was on monday might be out there sunday either bs or croom

so how was it??

i been wanting to go up there

check out Tampa Bay's Newsest Dirt Site...
www.tampabayridindirty.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com