Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MX in WPB  (Read 3284 times)
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:43:59 PM »

Moroso said quads can come out Sunday 2-5
It's better than nothing, so I am going.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »

they must now miss that extra  revenue from the quads $$$.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:40:41 PM by trx#9 » Logged

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:29:50 PM »

lets  go smooth out  them  dirt bike ruts ! Cheesy

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
Shawn Collister

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 04:50:16 PM »

Ohhh  now we are "allowed"?

I heard that we "werent allowed" right after the SSQSA race there, and I thought it was weird because the guy who was running the show was telling us how he was glad we came, and he knew it was dusty, but they are working on it,etc.. etc..
(right before they passed out plaques)

He had nothing but positive things to say while we were there......

Then we leave and suddenly no quads are allowed anymore?

I still dont understand why we (quad riders) get the bad rep.

When I was at Morosso (and they held a dirtbike race on the same weekend as ours) I saw all the quad riders riding slow through the pits, being respectfull, helping each other out, stuff like that.

I saw dirtbike riders hauling ass and doing wheelies through the pits.

I also saw a rider IN RIDING GEAR, LOOKING AT THE RACE ORDER, PRE 10AM, DRINKING A BEER. (he was looking at the dirtbike race order, I made sure to check)

But "no more quads"................

Dont get me wrong I liked the track when it wasnt too dusty to see......  I just thought that whole situation was BS

Thats how I roll.
LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 07:13:19 PM »

they can I disagree... only reason i would go there is for road racing with ccs. i wont give them any of my $$$ after that crap.
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:30:27 PM »

Guys reason being that we haven't been allowed is because they're trying to keep as many riders there happy as possible. They way they have the track setup is with very slippery, dusty dirt that turns to basically ice when you water it. They added a new layer of dirt on top of the track to eliminate dust and keep traction good. What happens is the quads shoot a lot more roost than bikes do and when we slide threw turns, the dirt gets pushed over the berms, revealing the slick, hard pack dirt which was causing many accidents. Moroso decided that if they eliminated the quads, the problem would be solved and the majority (bikes) would be much happier. It worked, the dirt stays perfect, a crap load of bikes show up every weekend, and the track stays nice. They're trying to bring quads back, and have nothing against quad riders, it's just trying to run a business and you need to keep the most customers happy. Once they see the turnout they will start to give us better hours (maybe even a whole day) and are working on clearing land for a quad only track. I have been to this track quick a few times since it's very close and I completely understand where they're coming from and I know what they're talking about with the dirt getting pushed over the berms, it does. When the dirt gets pushed over, it takes a lot more time to groom the track, because they first need to push all the dirt back onto the track then smooth it out and that is much more time consuming and very hard to complete with the 3 hours daylight left after a saturdays practice. Even if you don't think it's worth your trip to come out for a couple hours, shoot moroso and let them know you're a quad rider that wants to ride. They read the e-mails and when they see that the numbers are there that want to ride, they will take action. The track is a great track with no dangerous obsticles and flows really well. Hope to see some people there.
www.morosomx.com
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:01:25 PM »

A tiller will fix that problem. Its also called disking they drag with the tractor.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 09:41:32 PM »

that  just  plain sucks  man !!  being  just down  the road  and  can't take  the quad out there Cry  hey jack  give me a shout  if you guys  head out that way. on a sunday !!  i haven't  gone back there since  the last race there.  not even  on my bike Angry

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 09:44:28 PM »

They really are trying to improve and want to give quads more time to ride but I understand what they're saying when the quads shoot the dirt right off the track. Rafael, I'll be sure to give you a shout next time I head out there! It's a lot of fun, the track is great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com