Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YFZ problem  (Read 5130 times)
#21yfz

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 26, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »

I took my 04 top end and put it on my 06 bottom end..then the only wires i connect back are the neutral plug and the wires coming from the stator, along with the battery to the starter wires..oh n the wires for the carb. Now when the key is on the bikes in neurtal the bike wont turn over unless i pull the clutch in..also with the clutch in the fan turns on..?

Also when i turn the bike over it wont fire with a aftermarket cdi..but with a stock it fires first start....but i dont get more then 1/4 throttle, if that, before it breaks up reallly really bad...it sounds like a drag car with a computer in it to delay the the cylinders when your sittin at the light...

My guess was mabye timming was messed up or mabye the stator? or does the 06 bottom end not connect correctly with an 04 wire harness?

Any help Huh thanks guys
predatorracer8

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »

sounds like electrical, when you pull the clutch in the fan starts going? if so you prob. have some wires mixed. just double check.
#21yfz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 04:52:15 PM »

what you said is correct..but the 2 wires coming from the stator..one is a female and the other is male...so when i connect them to the wirring harness on the bike i cant get them mixed?
yfz450runner

live to ride, skip work as much as possible

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »

sounds like the throttle position sensor is not connected right. at the throttle cut the wires and just short them together and see if that helps.
#21yfz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 08:22:41 PM »

the wires were already cut at the throttle when i bought the bike...

and i have the sparks tps plug..so only one of connectors at the carb get connected n the other gets the sparks tps(throttle positioning sensor) plug thing...

the only thing i did different from before i put the motor in...was now it has an 06 bottom end and stator and etc..and it ran totally fine with not one problem when i had a complete 04 motor in the bike(meaning it had a 04 bottom end)
lugnuts
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 10:07:18 PM »

the 06 stator and the 04 stator are different to correct the charging issues you need to swap your stator 

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com
yfz450runner

live to ride, skip work as much as possible

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 11:14:35 PM »

the 06 stator and the 04 stator are different to correct the charging issues you need to swap your stator 

what he said!!
#21yfz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 11:56:17 PM »

i swapped the stators and the fan still turns on when i pull the clutch in and it wont fire in neutral, unless i have the clutch pulled in....?
lugnuts
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »

ck your grounds sounds like its feeding back through other circuits because of a bad ground if you lived closer I would look at it for you there is a small ground back near the battery that I have seen cause a problem like yours that was broken

steve

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com
#21yfz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 02:45:07 AM »

thanks...i figured it out tho..it was a bad positive battery connection that cause the breakin up of the motor and the battery didnt have enough charge to run an aftermarket cdi,cause the require more juice from the battery over a stock cdi..and the fan had a short somewhere(not sure where) so we just wired it so that it turns on all the time....n shes runnin like a champ  Grin...................so far lol  Roll Eyes
predatorracer8

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 09:33:42 PM »

thanks...i figured it out tho..it was a bad positive battery connection that cause the breakin up of the motor and the battery didnt have enough charge to run an aftermarket cdi,cause the require more juice from the battery over a stock cdi..and the fan had a short somewhere(not sure where) so we just wired it so that it turns on all the time....n shes runnin like a champ  Grin...................so far lol  Roll Eyes

sweet tear it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com