Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suburban Estates ride on Sunday  (Read 17254 times)
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 08:41:32 AM »

* suburban estates1.jpg (3.74 KB, 72x96 - viewed 360 times.)
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 08:42:29 AM »

* suburban estates2.jpg (72.92 KB, 589x442 - viewed 321 times.)
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 08:43:11 AM »

* suburban estates3.jpg (3.12 KB, 96x72 - viewed 353 times.)
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 08:43:50 AM »

* suburban estates4.jpg (3.08 KB, 96x72 - viewed 351 times.)
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »

Guess Im not as computer literate as I thought. I dont know how to make there pics bigger...oh well. Sorry.
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 08:59:19 AM »

Hey RaceFan,

You like that better than the King Quad I bought from you?
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »

Racefan, Hellrzr, and Steelheader......let me know when yall are going out to SE again.  I got a key.  Would love to ride with some fellow land owners.  Yall sound like the type of peope I would like to ride with.  

~SHAUN~

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 10:27:11 AM »

ASmart---- Hows it going? How is that King treatin ya? To answer your question, they are different and hard to compare. The KingQuad is a more reliable bike in my opinion with PLENTY of power and speed. They have a great 4x4 system and a good belt system. They are a single not a v-twin of course, so they have good top end more than enough low end. They have been out for a while in the 700 cc size, so modding them is also very affordable. Ive had suzukis for about 6 yrs now since the release of the first vinson (in 02' maybe?) and had 3 vinsons and 2 kingquads. Ive never had a single issue with any of them, they are great bikes.
The Brutes on the other hand have an ok 4x4 system. The reason I say ok is because with the suzuki or yamaha, you can engage the differential lock and that is it. With the Brute, you have to hold in the differential lock all the while you want it engaged. Also with the Brute, you have ot have some forward or reverse movement to engage or disengage the 4x4 system, so you better be sure you engage it prior to entereing any mud just ot make sure you dont need it. With the King or the yamahas, you can engage instantly when you need it w/o tire movement.
Also, because the Brute is SSOOOO powerful, it breaks things much easier. Throw as set of 28s or bigger on it with a lift and you have ot be real thumb conscious when using 4x4 and be careful turning in the deep mud or you might likely be snapping your axles, etc...
Also with more power comes more belt issues. THey have a good belt system in my opinion, however the more power somethnig puts out, the harder it is on all those drive parts.
So to answer your question, for me, I like it better as i am a power junkie, but ask me again after I start snapping axles at 350 ea. and I might have a diff answer, lol.
Do I wish I would have kept it instead of selling it?  Yes. I found out the land that I was going to sign for was not yet officialy released from the first bank it went through, so that purchase got all screwed up and I was too hesitant to continue with it after finding that out that monday. So I had to put in a lot more to get the new quad,, but i love it.
Now the GF wants a bigger one. You wanna sell it back to me?

And MudMan,, Ill let ya know next time Ill be there. Would like to meet up with some of y'all and get to meet more ppl on here.
steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 11:24:52 AM »

HellRazr is really going to want to ride in that section of SE.  Especially that first pic with a JUMP 

Have winch will travel! 

Let's hook up again, Hellrazr and look forward to meeting the rest of you. 

'08 Rhino 700 SE
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »

Can yall ride next weekend at all ??

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 01:54:11 PM »

Mudman, this weekend the 10th and 11th or the next weekend 17-18th???

'08 Rhino 700 SE
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »

I'm always game, but still waiting on keys.  For previous landowners-how long did it take for your keys to show up?  John told us 2-4 weeks.  It hasn't been much over a week and it is driving me nuts,lol.
ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 08:47:32 PM »

Looks like mudman dont like ridin with me . Must not be the type of people he likes to ride with. MYMY what is wrong with this situation.  Sad

GiterDONE.........
steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 09:23:53 PM »

ztgenesis,  I can't speak for Mudman, but I will ride with you.  It looks like it will have to be the following weekend 17th or 18th.

'08 Rhino 700 SE
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »

I'm (and my dad) game for this weekend if anyone has a key and is willing to show my dad and I around.  Sucks having to ask, you would think you would get a key instantly.  You have to pay with a cashiers check which is just like handing over cash so you should get a key there on the stop.  I don't want to wait for the paper work to be able to play.  You buy a truck-you take it home, buy an atv-take it home. Don't have to wait on paper work.
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 12:15:19 PM »

Hey Steve (ZTGenius), I called you back a few days ago and left you a message on your cell phone.  You could try returning my phone call instead of making a post like that.  I haven't gotten to ride and I've been sick so don't take it so personal. 

I can ride next weekend (the 17th and 18th) and would like to ride with you or whoever is interested in going to Suburban Estates. 

YALL LET ME KNOW !!

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 06:33:14 PM »

I would like to meet up out there and ride on the 17 or 18th also.  Count me in Shaun.
You have my number give me a call this next week to firm up a plan.

I really need to buy a trailer as I think both of mine are sold and my atv will be sitting in my yard.  Enclosed trailers are nice, but not cheap as new, I am looking used.

You and your Dad in Dustin for next weekend?

'08 Rhino 700 SE
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 09:09:18 PM »

Next weekend is fine for us Tim, unless work comes up.
ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 03:01:14 PM »

I am riding this weekened coming up but not sure where? 5A or holopaw b/c a friend of mine and his younger brother is going. His younger brother is on the slow side, But he can ride good. I think they want to go to 5a, but i think there is alot more nasty spots there then holopaw. Im gonna try to talk him into going to holopaw.  We will see

Im always up to meeting new people and doing some future riding with them.

GiterDONE.........
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »

It still could be landowners and their guest doing such things though. 

It could be a lot of things but when someone puts out an open invitation to anyone who wants to ride out there that just opens it up to even more trouble. You have no idea who you are inviting at that point and if they really wanted they could lose you and have free reign on the place. Not you specifically but anyone with a key that choose to invite others out there.

Landowners, more specifically camp owners, get very defensive about this because of what has been lost over the years. I take this very personally as last year a fire was started a hundred feet outside my camp while we were out riding. That fire burnt my 04 F-350 to the ground along with all my camping gear, utility trailer, etc... Even after the insurance I was out of pocket over $25k. That same fire burnt down two of our campers and wiped out alot of possessions. If that wasn't bad enough the replacement camper that we spent most of the summer working on got vandalized earlier this year by kids. Not even counting the stolen items from our camp prior to all this happening. There are some very good reasons for being defensive and very good reasons for wanting to limit how many no land owners get free reign to do what they want out there.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
hellrazr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »

Bleedsblue, I agree with what you said.  If someone doesn't haven't a key then they should not have free roam of suburban.  If they want free roam then they should pay ike everyone else.  The only thing I was making a point of was that guest are not the only ones to blame.  Sorry to hear about your stuff.  That is why I will never take anything out there and leave it.  People just tear stuff up because they feel like it, drunk, stupid, jealous, and/or etc.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com