Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Track Tires and Parts For Sale  (Read 2394 times)
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:33:32 AM »

I wanted to let people know that Thunderbowl Speedway has begun aquiring various lots of flat track tires & wheels and misc. parts, such as sway bars, lowering kits, etc. These parts are good, mostly used parts that are for sale for people wishing to do some flat track racing without the large cash outlay associated with buying new parts. Sometimes I have a lot of stuff, and sometimes not, so PM me for your needs.

Also, the track is in the final phases (what a pain) of becoming a Hoosier Racing Tire dealer, so we should be able to order new tires within the next week or so as well.
Chuckn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:56:33 PM »

Hi,

I have a buddy who told me about you. I have a Can Am DS650 and want to look into racing it. I need the tires and wanted to know what size is best for my application. Also, I will be 50 this year, what class do you have for old farts?

Thanks,
Chuck in Holiday
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »

The Southern Flat track League has a Vets class that would fit your needs. The average age would be mid 40's, I think. Check out www.southernflattrackleague.com for more info on rules/classes. I think Thunderbowl Speedway mirrors our classes even when the league isnt racing at the that track. So it really depends if you want to race at different tracks or race at Tbowl.... or heck both!  Grin

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »

The Southern Flat track League has a Vets class that would fit your needs. The average age would be mid 40's, I think. Check out www.southernflattrackleague.com for more info on rules/classes. I think Thunderbowl Speedway mirrors our classes even when the league isnt racing at the that track. So it really depends if you want to race at different tracks or race at Tbowl.... or heck both!  Grin

Don't you meen mid 30's    Geese, 40's ?  I meen I ride like im that old but I hope I dont look it do I?  Cheesy

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 03:41:12 PM »

Dang... didnt you learn "averages" in school??  AND I was talking about the regular crowd, not you young one timers!! EERRR...  Grin    Roll Eyes  I think 3 out of the 11 in that class are under 40.

Tim, Kurt, Skully, and some of the league members are well over 40...
A few dare i say are well over 50........ Shocked
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:45:06 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:53:08 PM »

Im at least am a 2 timer...lol

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 04:50:06 PM »

Hi,

I have a buddy who told me about you. I have a Can Am DS650 and want to look into racing it. I need the tires and wanted to know what size is best for my application. Also, I will be 50 this year, what class do you have for old farts?

Thanks,
Chuck in Holiday

Well, I'll be honest, I'm not too familiar with the Can Am 650's as far as what parts may fit, lug patterns, etc. I generally get parts for 250R's, YFZ 450's, 450R's, etc. as these are the more popular race bikes we see come through our facility. We don't generally see the big bore sport bikes, but that's not to say you couldn't race it. We did have guy bring a DS650 to practice a couple of months ago. My suggestion would be to bring it out to a race or practice day and we can look at it and see what we can do to help you get it set up.
  We do have a VET class for 33 yrs old and up. It is one of our fastest growing classes, and there are some really fast guys showing up to race in it. I have been asked several times and I'm considering adding a SENIOR NOVICE type class for the older guys who want to give racing a try without worrying about competing against the faster guys in the VET class. 
  Let me know if you have any more questions.

Brady

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com