Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ONF Mystery  (Read 9354 times)
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 10:23:44 PM »

Not picking on you, but if it was an A-10 you were watching, the cloud you saw was smoke.  The gatling cannon on the Warthog recycles it's shells.  They are far too large and expensive to dump.  The next time you go to an air show that allows you to go out on the flight line, try to get up under the Warthog and look at the gun.  It is quite impressive the way the tracks snake around inside the plane to feed the gun.

I don't know the jets that well, but it was not the A-10s I saw spraying the clouds of shells,,,,looked like a single-seat jet,,,,kinda like the top-gun planes, but smaller.

Id@

YZ22 AND YZ23'S They are suppose to replace the F18's
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 07:18:54 AM »

Hey Chuck, looks like you've got Yamaha on your mind... that's YF, not YZ.   Cheesy  I don't think they have enough YF-22's (Raptor) in service to see any around Ocala, although they do some training out of Tyndall, but I believe that is air-to-air work with drones.  There are two squadrons of 24 planes in service and they are based out of Langley.  The Raptor is hardly a small plane, though, since it stores all of its munitions inside the fuselage.  The other plane you are thinking of is the JSF, or Joint Strike Fighter.  It has not yet been commissioned.  It will be deployed to both the Air Force and Navy, with the Marines getting a V/STOL version.  It's amazing that they barely pulled the Raptor out of the hangar and they're ready to replace it.  If Ida saw a plane that looked like an F-14 Tomcat but smaller, it most likely was an F-18 Hornet but could have been an F-15 Eagle, which is smaller than the Tomcat but something you wouldn't notice unless they were side-by-side.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 09:09:53 PM »

looked at pictures,,,,this was years ago while I was riding my LT230 Quadsport around the forest numbered roads back in the early 90's,,,,and yes, it was an F-15 every time I saw them.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com