Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phase 2 of Ocala National Forest plan (Great News)  (Read 1300 times)
Bounty1

« on: April 29, 2007, 07:39:28 PM »

I have received a E-mail from our adversary in getting phase 2 riding areas in Ocala National Forest. Guys and gals this will add 185 more miles of riding trails. I have been working on this since January with him and Ocala National Forest. I will not mention any names right now because of a political backlash on us and them. I will tell you when the comments and suggestions are to be sent and to who, this is a formality that has to be done. If this works out, more riding areas will come. I have been waiting for this in anticpation of good news. As long as this group gives their encouragement to move this along--Is a huge hurdle for us. I am only going to give a portion of what he said. Like I said this is very very political right now. I will tell you who this is in the next month or two. You will not believe what group this is. I can say this, I truly appreciate their professionalism and their hard work to get this done. So right now please bare with me on this.

He said in his Emails,

Apparently the Forest Service is considering adding some community connectors from places like Salt Springs to the designated trail system.I will encourage them to do this as part of the upcoming Phase 2 planning. You should request a copy of the Draft EA (Environmental Assessment) for the project “Route Designation in the Ocala National Forest” or “Access Designation Phase 2”.  This will give you an opportunity to see the proposal and submit comments on it for them to consider before they make a final decision.  It should be coming out in the next month or so.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 08:01:25 PM »

Sounds like great news anyway!
This secret person is not Lisa is it......j/k  couldn't resist!!
Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bounty1

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »

Sounds like great news anyway!
This secret person is not Lisa is it......j/k  couldn't resist!!
Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not this time lol--I only told one person--I was so excited I had to call Paul_s last Thursday. I wanted to get confirmation before I posted this. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com