Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ohv meeting in ocala  (Read 3417 times)
jetski dawg

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2007, 10:37:57 PM »

hey grizz(terry).. just wanted to say that you did a great job geting the ohv commity to hold conferance at ocala..there was alot of great info.. and i hope we can get sarasota co. to step up to the plate like miami-dade did with their fesiblity study.. thanks again.. north port off road assc..
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 11:06:35 PM »

What info was put out???

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
viper

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 06:06:20 AM »

By the way that wasn't grizz who got the OHV committee to meet in Ocala. The committee had to met in Ocala to check out how the grant money was being used on the trails. The only thing the ONFA did was bring the food.
lisa

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 10:32:08 AM »

jetski dawg, was that you I met there? I was in such a hurry and there was so much noise I didn't quite get the name.

The little time I put into being at the meeting, I was very disgusted by what I heard. The OHV committee took credit for the Picayune opening up. I know for a fact they didn't work that hard on it. Rick Varela and others down there were the ones who opened that up. Had I been able to stay for public comments, I would have told them that.

Also, this is supposed to be a state committee, but USFS has a lot of influence on the committee. Much more than they should. Is this some of what ya'll mean when you say we should "work with" them? Set up state committees and allow them influence on such committees? They just take what they want and leave the state to clean up their mess....again, disgusting.

I found out that ONFA didn't have anything to do with keeping Rodman pit open a little longer. ONF is just turning their heads on it till the dam gets drained, or something. Sorry Terry, but I talked with Brett Bush on that score.

I didn't have much of an opinion of the committee.

Oh, I did find out that the "official" comment period of the fee system for the USFS is over. They will still take comments (so they said) so if you want to comment on it, please put it in writing and keep a copy for yourself. Also, I asked since they were taking fees, if they would allow us any mud holes or challenging trails or "play areas". No mud or "play areas" but the 4x4s are trying to set up some challenging trails with logs/trees across them for climbing and stuff. Ya'll need to get in on this now.

I made the comment to Jim Schmidt, that they are willing to take our money, but not set something up for us, and walked away. He got my point. Ya'll need to start working on not only Rick Lint, but the big boys in Washington, D.C. to get yourselves or something.

That was my take on what little of the meeting I observed. Not a positive thing in my opinion.

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:46:51 AM »

Oh yeah!!! I forgot! John Waldron, I believe he is the chair, actually had the nerve to say the Nature Conservancy is working with the OHV committee on trails; like we would be stupid enough to think that is a good thing!!

Talk about letting the weasel in the hen house! (I had said fox, but I won't insult Mr. Fox that way.) These guys are standing back and holding the door open for Mr. Weasel! Evil

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 05:28:21 PM »

Thank you Lisa for sharing the info  Grin

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
jetski dawg

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:33:48 PM »

By the way that wasn't grizz who got the OHV committee to meet in Ocala. The committee had to met in Ocala to check out how the grant money was being used on the trails. The only thing the ONFA did was bring the food.
i stand corrected..btw..the food was great terry,thank you..this being my first meeting and all, i was impressed with the fact that allot of different agencies and interest was gathered in one area..sure,there is gonna be conflict but at least there is hope.. i took the time off work to go to this and was glad i did..i got to see first hand the U of Florida study on how much croom rakes in for the local economy in the 4 counties thats around it(21 million and 318 jobs last year) not including what they take at the gate .. and all the hard work that is starting to pay off for the riders in Miami..Lisa and Joan(stewards) it was nice to meet you both..
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 09:55:27 AM »

U of F? I would watch very closely what they say. Dr. Reed Noss is a professor over there. Has been for many years. He is the one who hates motorized, nay any public recreation on public lands and is the founder of the Wildlands Project!  Angry  Angry  Angry

In His Hands,
Lisa
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 09:56:32 AM »

Thanks for reminding me too, I met terry and joan there too. Nice to finally meet you terry. Don't know much about stewards yet, been to busy to check them out.

In His Hands,
Lisa
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 05:43:15 PM »

Sounds almost like the same crap over and over.But I have heard from a good source that some good is coming from our protest in Naples.
   To all those getting involved,"Keep up the efforts in this fight...you are not alone!!"
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 05:47:39 PM »

Sounds almost like the same crap over and over.But I have heard from a good source that some good is coming from our protest in Naples.
   To all those getting involved,"Keep up the efforts in this fight...you are not alone!!"

Never quit

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 12:19:19 PM »

Just a reminder, the OHV committee tried to take credit for the Picayune opening. ya'll should be upset about that! Evil

In His Hands,
Lisa
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com