Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Out of state visitor question  (Read 2470 times)
4up

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2007, 10:05:33 AM »

Hello all - appreciate the forums!

After reading about the trail systems in ONF, I'm looking into changing our group's traditional coal creek/windrock spring ride to an ONF trip.  I'm trying to get to the bottom of the rules, regulations, fees, etc.,  but I have one question to which I can't seem to find the correct answer  - Would a Florida title be required for out of state quads,  or would it be simply proof of ownership? I've read through the laws on the dmv pages,  but it seems to apply to state residents only.  Other posts within the forums and some of what I've inferred from the forest service regulations indicate that the registration apply to any who ride within the forest.

Any clarification or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Stewards

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:56:47 AM »

Proof of ownership - but remember your drivers license must match that proof of ownership, if it doesn't you better make sure it does. Example: your name, address, city, state and zip must be the same on your drivers license as it is on your proof of ownership.
odie

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 07:03:33 PM »

OK, your giving up the beautiful mountain trails to ride in the flat ,sandy ,dusty,, whooped out trails of ocala.I guess everybody needs a change of pace.welcome to florida.we were at windrock for the fall festival and had a blast. have fun.
4up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 01:56:48 PM »

Thanks all. 

I'll have to double check my paperwork.  Since no off highway vehicles are allowed to be titled in Alabama, I believe I have little more than a basic sales receipt.  It's been more than two weeks, so memory is nonexistent.

By the way Odie - thanks - I think Cheesy    We've never ridden our in sand, mostly mud and rocks, so looking forward to a little change.  I'm thinking the kids will enjoy.
odie

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »

The kids will have fun and if they get tired of riding you are only 20 minutes from Silver springs (water park) or salt springs , 72 degree water feels nice in the summer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com