Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting January 10th between Collier Cnty and SFWMD  (Read 1094 times)
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:09:09 PM »

If you cannot make it, please send an e-mail to the commissioner below....This is your turn to be heard......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NOTICE OF JOINT PUBLIC MEETING

BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS &

SOUTH FLORIDA WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT

COLLIER COUNTY, FLORIDA

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2007

4 P.M.

Notice is hereby given that the Collier County Board of County Commissioners and the South Florida Water Management District will hold a meeting Wednesday, Jan. 10 at 4 p.m. at the Hilton Towers, 5111 Tamiami Trail North, Naples.

In regard to the public meeting:

All interested parties are invited to attend, and to register to speak and to submit their objections, if any, in writing, to the board/committee prior to the meeting if applicable. All registered public speakers will be limited to three minutes unless permission for additional time is granted by the chairman.

Collier County Ordinance No. 2004-05, as amended, requires that all lobbyists shall, before engaging in any lobbying activities (including, but not limited to, addressing the Board of County Commissioners, an advisory board or quasi-judicial board), register with the Clerk to the Board at the Board Minutes and Records Department.

If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the Collier County Facilities Management Department, located at 3301 E. Tamiami Trail, Naples, FL 34112, (239) 774-8380, at least two days prior to the meeting. Assisted listening devices for the hearing impaired are available in the Board of County Commissioners Office.

For more information, call the Collier County Attorney’s Office at (239) 774-8400.

Jim Coletta, Vice Chairman
Commissioner, District 5
Collier County Government
3301 E. Tamiami Trail Naples, FL 34119
Phone (239) 774-8391 / Fax (239) 774-3602
jimcoletta@colliergov.net
Stewards

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:29:33 AM »

Rick:

Give me a little backround about what the meeting is about, and stewards will email the person.

Joan
Stewards
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:25:35 PM »

Joan, thxs. this is the last meeting that is supposed to happen between the Collier county commissioners and the board for SFWMD. They now want us to "help them" so that the county will not sue them. I cannot speak for everyone,unless the moderator agrees to let me do so, but my personal position is for the county to go ahead with the lawsuit. How come now that their backs are against the wall they "think" they found 150 acres as a temporary riding area??SFWMD owns over 310,000 acres why cant we ride on any of that land?hell some of them already have marked trails(CREW).This agency has LIED TO EVERYONE from day one. I feel if we do agreee to this, we would lose the only bargaining chip we have. Any questions??? e-mail me @ lswjth2@yahoo.com....As always, thxs for your support...Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com