Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice Racing... Tampa Feb. 11th  (Read 3119 times)
Skully

I Wanna Fo Fast............

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »

Anybody thinking about running the Extreme International Ice Racing show at the Ice Palace Sunday, Feb. 11th?

Were's the best place to find ice tires, screws, screw patterns, etc.?

And have any of Ya'll run this show before? Any tricks to it.... How hard is it to adapt to the ice vs dirt?

And more importantly (To Me) Does it hurt more to crash on the ice?Huh?Inquiring minds want to know!  Grin

Jim
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 11:47:42 AM by Skully » Logged

derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:57:32 AM »

Anybody thinking about running the Extreme International Ice Racing show at the Ice Palace Sunday, Feb. 11th?

And have any of Ya'll run this show before? Any tricks to it.... How hard is it to adapt to the ice vs dirt?

Inquiring minds want to know!  Grin

Jim

jim, i ran the ice series in 2001 and to tell you the truth IT WAS A FLUKE!! !!  it is not a race it is a show and the track is super small and they put like 10 quads out there at a time.. so you are just getting run over by everyone!! i thinks it sucks and i will never race on ice again!! EVER!!  ice is a weird surface to ride on it will hook hard one second and break loose the next!!
but now that you know how i feel about ice racing.... i still got my ice tires if you really want to try it out!! i dont recomend it!! !!  me and my friend casey almost got killed racing that chit becasue like i say, too many people and they just dont give a damn!! they WILL run your azz over!! !! it happened to me!! i got videos!! and after my bike was upside down on the track they kept racing!! !! never even slowed down....  so what do you think it looked like with 9 bikes racing around a hockey rink with a quad upside down in the middle of the track.. scary!!
as you can tell i hate ice racing and i wish i would have never wasted my time and money on that crap!! !! and if i ever run into the guy that runs the show i aught to slap the chit out of him!! !!  even if you do good they will cheat you for one of the favorates.. like put you on the back row ever though you were supposed to be up front... just like they did me!! it just plain sucks if you ask me but you are more than welcome to use my tires!! are more questions?? LOL
you know i will tell it like it is man!! !!  Cool

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 12:39:34 PM »

Jim,

I agree with Derek 100% I won both my heats and had the fastest times (supposed to be deciding factor for position) and for some unexplained reason I got stuck on the front row far outside. They didn't draw or go by lap times. Then when I got the holeshot, for yet another unexplained reason they restarted the race again until I didn't. They are super biased towards the favorites, it is a waste of time, the tracks are super super small (Think 2 gear the whole time, maybe 3rd), no room to pass and if you touch a cone to avoid a wreck they will disqualify you. (Inclusion is what Gary Densford calls it).

Bottom line is......its Bullshit biased crap and it sucks... Thumbs Down Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »

well there ya go !! !! i'm not the only one that hates it!! !! thanks for the props bro!!  Nerd

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 02:34:52 PM »

Wow Skully, a sport that combines your favorite things- Ice Hockey and Short Track ATV Racing.
Do you have to buy pre-studded tires, or can you do the screw thing to an old set of Hoosiers?

Why are they so biased? Is it a traveling show with a group of riders that uses locals like us to fill in or what?
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 04:22:52 PM »

yes, locals are fill ins.... they sell studs that you can put in any tire.... but...............
there is a catch!! !! you must use there studs that you can only get from them!!
and they are $60 a bag... i used about 3 bags on my tires!! like i said i got some tires i will sell if ya'll want to do this... i will give you a good deal on them!! !! also you cant use hoosier tires you must use turf tamers,holeshots,ect.. my tires are specificly made for ice racing and they look like turf tamers without dimples!! all i got to say about ice racing is....... Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 06:36:23 PM »

Yeah Derek,     Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon

.......Kind of juvenile, but it sure gets the point across,...LOL

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
bmd11

Location: Waitin' for the green light to drop at the Motoplex!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 02:43:47 PM »

Inquiring minds want to know!  Grin

Jim

jim, i ran the ice series in 2001 and to tell you the truth IT WAS A FLUKE!! !!  it is not a race it is a show and the track is super small and they put like 10 quads out there at a time.. so you are just getting run over by everyone!! i thinks it sucks and i will never race on ice again!! EVER!!  ice is a weird surface to ride on it will hook hard one second and break loose the next!!
but now that you know how i feel about ice racing.... i still got my ice tires if you really want to try it out!! i dont recomend it!! !!  me and my friend casey almost got killed racing that chit becasue like i say, too many people and they just dont give a damn!! they WILL run your azz over!! !! it happened to me!! i got videos!! and after my bike was upside down on the track they kept racing!! !! never even slowed down....  so what do you think it looked like with 9 bikes racing around a hockey rink with a quad upside down in the middle of the track.. scary!!
as you can tell i hate ice racing and i wish i would have never wasted my time and money on that crap!! !! and if i ever run into the guy that runs the show i aught to slap the chit out of him!! !!  even if you do good they will cheat you for one of the favorates.. like put you on the back row ever though you were supposed to be up front... just like they did me!! it just plain sucks if you ask me but you are more than welcome to use my tires!! are more questions?? LOL
you know i will tell it like it is man!! !!  Cool

Derek, tell us how you really feel  Tongue

'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 08:01:52 AM »

you know i will bro !! !! !!  Cool

> Mystic Motorsports<