Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SFWMD TURNOUT MEETING ON THE 8th  (Read 3801 times)
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:57:06 PM »

The turnout even though it was more than the protest it was megere to say the least I arrived late but only about 10 showed up considering that it was changed for a Friday at 7pm still no turn out in force SFWMD had planned on more themself since they had snacks and goodies for any kids that showed but this is an ongoing fight but if we keep asking for weekend and night meetings I really thought the turnout would have been much much more. There were only about 10 of us total 2 from Miami,3 from North Port, Rick and Brian and Mario are the ones I know.But I would think when we ask for after hours meetings in Naples and 2 of the 10 showing are from Miami it sucks!! they are working on a couple of project and Brian and Rick suggested some good ideas but we really need more feedback from the people who are going to use these places. I know that there are many more people in Naples area that read this and can go. I'm not trying to brag but I have taken 2 trips in the past 2 weeks and I am 1 of the Miami riders. Just for the sake of asking there is another meeting on a Friday.......at 7pm........can more people please show up?There is more info on a temporary site being worked on that we should talk more about.For those that showed up I only got a couple of name but I thank you all the same.Remember on Friday Jan.5th at 7pm if you need help with directions I got lost but now know how to get there so I'm gonna post it just take the 107 exit on 75 west to airport road make a right on airport get to the left and on JandC make a left then make your 2nd left (janes lane) and it is on the right hand side about 1/4 down.If you are not familiar with that area when you get on JandC go slow cause Janes Lane comes up pretty quick and it is very dark back there at night. See u all there Jan.5th 7PM.

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
z400stunter

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 08:50:13 PM »

I usually get off work at 7-7:15.  Can you make a flyer that I'll print it out? I'm gonna put them at Florida Motorsports and give one to everyone that comes to the parts counter.  I work there.  I just dont know what exactly to put on it and how to do it on my computer.

JUMP IT!
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 11:54:29 AM »

SFWMD was not expecting a large crowd and stated so at the beginning of the meeting. We had support from the surronding areas Miami, Naples, and North Port. This meeting was more to let "US" know what they have been working on and what obsticals they are facing, they have a couple of locations in mind but both will take time to aquire, permit and develop. It is very very frustrating that it take soooo much time for any government entity to accomplish anything.  Angry

We need to keep the pressure on all agencies to provide more riding areas.

P.S. North Port had (4) attendees

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 04:33:58 PM »

scooterb I know they may not have expected many but really they had no idea of how many could have gone but the meeting is held in Naples and there is 10 showing and 4 are from N.port & 2 from Mia that is cause for concern to the sport evryone always says they are working but you change it up and still it is the same I just think the show could have been better. I want to thank the ones that showed and Rick who I finally met. but if they are asking what we want? and what we need? for input on the trail and jumps for the park I think we need more input from other riders. UNLESS we appoint someone for this task but that is a big birden for 1 person I think I will keep show as my wallet permits me.

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »

I usually get off work at 7-7:15.  Can you make a flyer that I'll print it out? I'm gonna put them at Florida Motorsports and give one to everyone that comes to the parts counter.  I work there.  I just dont know what exactly to put on it and how to do it on my computer.

Used a wordpad or paint brush to make your
images to fit in text words or changing front sizes,
Read help files they should help you out.

But if going print out flyers out make sure you get 8X11
printing paper so you can fit alot bigger text words to text size.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 06:01:51 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 08:25:37 AM »

Arti, there was discussion of forming a task force with 6 to 8  people to discuss the possible locations and design then there could be a large meeting to finalize the plans before construction, its reallly up to collier county,

I like the idea of putting the 640 acres next to the Lee county 640, but that puts the riding area farther from the original Forest.

I really doesnt matter to us in NP where it is in SWFL, either way its closer than Croom

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 09:54:03 PM »

Hello all.
This discussion with SFWM brings up a few questions:
1.Do we want an “atv park” or a riding area?
2.If Collier sues, we will not have a riding area until it’s settled.(years)
3.Nothing will be available for at least two years. (incuding Lake Trafford) Where do we ride till then?

I really prefer riding the “woods” with my family. Riding Picayune might be possible once the restoration is done.
I would support a Lee/Collier joint area if it would speed things up.

Just some thoughts…
Mario

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
qt314nfla

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 10:07:09 PM »

I was on my way to this meeting.  However, 3 id10t's determined that it was necessary to have accidents.  It took myself and a friend an hour to get from North Sarasota (University Pkwy) four exits south to (Clark Rd).  Even if the rest of the ride had gone perfect I'd have made it as the meeting was letting out.  Rick knows that I've been to these meetings before and I called him when I realized the reality of this trip.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 10:48:57 PM »

Unfortunately, I could not make the meeting but will make the next one.

My point of view, "F" the SFWMD.  3 YEARS HAVE PAST AND NOTHING !!!   Let the county take them to court.  They want to work something out with us ... Put it on paper Mr. Tears

Do we need riding areas ?  YES WE DO !  I held the lifeless body of Kyle Flint on Oct 15th when he hit head on with another rider. If there were regulated areas Kyle may still be alive today.

Forming a task force FOR WHAT ?  To help search for locations ?  Give me a break ... THE LAND IS THERE, JUST LET US IN. THEY KNOW WHERE !  Trust me guys, they are playing us.

They are fool of it !  Tears knows that he will get the pink slip if they get sued, so be it !

There is a time when professionalism and patience runs out. 

My 2

z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 08:23:31 PM »

Seriously, we're gettin screwed.  I'm sick of not having anywhere to ride. We as riders need to get together somewhere and talk about what needs to be done.  Let me know all the specifics on the next meeting and I'll get some people there.  If nothing is done by March I say we just storm Picayune all at once.  They can't arrest us all!

JUMP IT!
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 08:32:38 PM »

Seriously, we're gettin screwed.  I'm sick of not having anywhere to ride. We as riders need to get together somewhere and talk about what needs to be done.  Let me know all the specifics on the next meeting and I'll get some people there.  If nothing is done by March I say we just storm Picayune all at once.  They can't arrest us all!

LOL , Thats so funny you say that. My friend said the same thing.  Lets get a huge group of riders and storm the place. But at the same time we would look like outlaws.  We got to play it smart for a bit longer, if nothing works - this plan is on.

z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 08:40:11 PM »

I'm all about doing things the right way.  But how long ago was that deadline?

JUMP IT!
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 02:28:01 PM »

SFWMD was supposed to have given Collier County 640 acres by October of last year.Screw em,let the county take them to court. It's all been lies since day one and now they want our help??,go help yourself.....
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 03:50:48 PM »

When alls said and done I doubt that Collier County will litigate.  They're just hoping it will go away.

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 02:36:04 PM »

So lets hit it on one specific day and show them how many people actually own quads around here!

JUMP IT!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com