Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **ALL DIESEL OWNERS READ**  (Read 1220 times)
Chuck_Norris

« on: August 14, 2006, 01:03:39 PM »

as more information comes available I will post it

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealer Parts and Service Managers
Subject: Stop Sale and Re-Label Requirement for Diesel Fuel Additives (PM-15; PM-17-A; PM-18-A)

BACKGROUND

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recently adopted new labeling requirements for all producers of diesel fuel additives.
These labeling requirements are mandated in conjunction with the impending changes with diesel emissions and the launch of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel this fall. 
Ford has worked with our suppliers to ensure that the necessary labeling changes have been made for current production of these products.  FADs and dealers must verify that any existing inventory of these products bear the appropriate EPA label. 
The EPA has indicated that all parties in the product distribution chain are responsible for this requirement.
Failure to comply could result in fines per Federal Law.
The three additives listed below must comply with the new labeling requirements: 
PM-15:  Diesel Fuel Lubricity Additive - Meets ULSD Requirements
PM-17-A:  Cetane Booster & Performance Improver - Does NOT Meet ULSD Requirements
PM-18-A:  Anti-Gel & Performance Improver - Does NOT Meet ULSD Requirements
FORD ACTIONS

Ford will mail each dealer EPA compliant labels based upon current inventory of these diesel additives. 
These labels will be shipped in an envelope addressed to "Parts Manager" in your Dealer eStore mailing the week of August 14, 2006. 
DEALER ACTION REQUIRED – Effective Immediately

Stop selling your current inventory of PM-15, PM-17-A and PM-18-A until new labels are applied to the product.
Apply a label to each bottle that does not contain the appropriate EPA compliance label according to the directions provided with the labels (Attachment 1 and Attachment 2).
Note:  Each Attachment will be stapled to the appropriate set of labels in your mailing.
If you sell these additives to accounts that resell to the public, contact the accounts and arrange to have their inventory relabeled.
For additional quantities of either label style, send an e-mail to randall_pattman@BUDCO.com
Note: This same action request to re-label inventory is also being communicated to Motorcraft Warehouse Distributors on August 10, 2006.

CAN THESE ADDITIVES STILL BE USED IN FORD DIESEL TRUCKS?

PM-17-A & PM18-A

Can be used in all 2006 MY and 2007 MY Ford vehicles equipped with the 6.0L diesel engine.
Can not be used in the new 2008 MY 6.4L diesel engine or any vehicle that requires ULSD fuel.
New product formulations meeting requirements for ULSD fuel vehicles are being finalized and will be announced at a later date. 
PM-15

Can be used in 2006 MY and 2007 MY Ford vehicles equipped with the 6.0L diesel engine.
Can be used in the new 2008 MY 6.4L diesel engine or any vehicle that requires ULSD fuel.
QUESTIONS

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:54:21 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com