Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ds650 baja  (Read 11302 times)
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2003, 07:03:58 PM »

what do you guys think of the ds650 baja??or the 400 kawasaki/both 03??? need info
JeffP
Supreme Member

Suzuki Z400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 07:08:39 PM »

A DS is huge.  It's fast but very heavy and not very nimble.  The KFX400 is a good balance between speed and handling.  Not the greatest at either but good at both.

A lot of it depends on your size.  If you much over 230lbs the DS might be the better option for you.  If not then go with the KFX for the trail riding.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 07:09:49 PM by jeffp » Logged

Jeff Peterson
Was the badest 2003 Suzuki Z400
Wa to many mods to list with only 300 Characters
ProEMTPFF

Professional Firefighter-Paramedic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 08:11:12 PM »

Don't let anyone fool you, the DS is nimble. The bike is for larger framed guys like myself. I'm 6'4" and 240Lbs. I had a DS and loved it. I also dumped alot of money in it BUT with a few minor mods its a Raptor killer. The 1st thing it needs is tires and the 2nd is a aftermarket CDI box with those 2 mods alone it will smoke Rappys but its not for the smaller guys. If you want to know all about the DS shoot me a e-mail.

2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels

http://www.4x4country.net
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 08:20:41 PM »

I rode with a guy a couple months ago that had one and that thing would scream. The only thing I didn't care for was the width. They are considerably wider than any other stock quad and you don't hit the same ruts which kinda throws you around a little.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
erbilabuc
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 08:53:28 PM »

I think the 400 would be a better choice just because it is well designed, not just a big azz engine stuffed into a big asz frame.

Thug Nasty
1 good thing about being bull-legged is you never need a belt.
ace5180

If you race and lose... Pick on someone smaller!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 02:45:44 AM »

I love mine, i wouldnt trade it for any other. As far as how wide it is, all these people with 3 & 400 ex's with the flip kits and spacers, are about a 1/2" wider than a ds 650. Yes it may be heavy but think of this, i rode my freinds 400 and couldnt even enjoy it because the fornt tires never wanted to stay on the ground. Now dont get me wrong i love doing wheelies but only when i want to, the DS with the extra weight, will for the most part keep the wheels down untill you want them up. Plus it is so much faster. hope this helps if you have any questions just let me know.

03 ds 650 baja,procircut t-4 pipe
bluesman
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 04:59:14 AM »

dont know much about the company ds650baja being sold going out of business?? parts ets?? price on parts etc??got a quote for a 03 new in crate for 6k????what do you think?
ProEMTPFF

Professional Firefighter-Paramedic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 05:32:45 AM »

Bombardier is not out of business or will not be going out of business. Parts from Bombardier and aftermarket parts are readily available. $6k for a 2003 DS sounds good. Also, anyone that buys or plans on buying a DS I'd recomend buying any and all aftermarket parts from http://www.rotax.net/ its Ron Wood Racing and they ARE the experts on the Rotax engine in the DS650. I had the stage 2 kit on my DS and was blowing away Rappys, Banshees, Cannondales anything that came along. I went to 22" rear tires so the bike would hook up and had a Deputy clock me @ 113MPH. Ron Wood knows this motor, they are pricey but well worth it if you want a bad bike.

2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels

http://www.4x4country.net
ace5180

If you race and lose... Pick on someone smaller!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 08:35:12 AM »

Bluesman, i think you are confusing the ds650 with a cannondale

03 ds 650 baja,procircut t-4 pipe
the return of QuadDork

i'm just faster than you... thats all

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 11:02:17 AM »

just letting bluesman know that he is right about bombardier being in financial trouble.
    they are being sold... NOT going out business. bombardier was losing money with its recreation division and was looking for a way out of debt. so they sold the division (not the whole company) to a group led by a company called Bain Capital for $1.225 billion (canadian) or $8.7 million US... the break down will go something like this... Bain Capital holds 50% of the company while bombardier will keep 35% and a company from Quebec will have 15%.

indications are that they do not want to break up the divison but they may change the bombardier name. the companys wanted to strengthen the ATV side of the recreational division and maybe lessen some other areas like boat motors or PWC's.

just thought i'd let you all know what i had heard.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 11:03:31 AM by quaddork669 » Logged

"the difference between genius and stupidity is... that genius has its limits"
MX411

Honda

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 06:44:37 PM »

really it depends on the riden u want to do if u want mx go for the 400 if u want trails or just plain sport riden then u want the ds..
yamadooski
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 03:41:19 AM »

They are considerably wider than any other stock quad and you don't hit the same ruts which kinda throws you around a little.[/quote]

Yep you only hit the trees now. Just think of it this way when you and your buddies are hauling butt through the tight tree areas you have to slow down for each narrow tree.
The other thing is look in the Cylce Trader. There are a lot for sale and all round 3500-4000.
The only thing good that DS is good for is Ocala riding and the dunes out west.

Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole
LTZ400ApK

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 09:00:53 AM »

this thread is from 2003 yfzrider is digging up crap from years ago,i know blues man owns bith these quads now!!!

YFZRIDER QUIT DIGGING UP OLD $HIT BRO TIRED OF YOU BLOWIN UP MY MAIL BOX WITH THIS CRAP
bluesman
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 11:23:06 AM »

yup shure do Cool     git her done Cool
m0n5teR

What the heck is a polaris??????

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

buy the kfx 400mspend 1k and put in the 470 kit,noonee will touch you. this includes all the yamaha lovers out there.

Take me Drunk,I'm home!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com