Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Place out of Florida????  (Read 4793 times)
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2006, 09:57:07 AM »

We are planning a big trip out of state.  We want to try something new.  Heard of Davenport Ga, but not sure, any suggestions.  Won't be going for a few weeks or so, just doing some reviewing, would hate to make a big trip to be totally disappointed, you know.  We have a motorhome, but we are hoping to find a place with cabins or something.  Just a long ride w/motorhome w/gas and all. 

Love to hear what you all have to say.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:00:26 AM »

Opps meant Durhamtown Ga - sorry

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »

Today, we just got back from visiting these 3 places(ranked in order of preference);

http://www.durhamtown.com/
http://www.southernridgeatvtrails.com/index.htm
http://www.dirtydogpark.com/

We had a blast!
Durhamtown was excelllent, despite the very dry conditions(dust).
SouthernRidge was a nice surprise, so we'll be returning for their July 1-3 event. Nice mudpit and the trails were excellent with lots of steep hills. Jr.'s Hill is 70-100 ft up! However, they're only open two weekends per month from Feb thru Sept(closed for winter hunting season). The operators of this park lease it and hope to open more when business(visitors) picks up. Has concession, ice and showers.   
DirtyDog Park was also nice, but, it's a no-frills park, so bring your own food/drink and they're only open on weekends.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:18:37 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Dan

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 11:42:25 PM »

The best place east of the Mississippi would have to be Hatfield Mccoy trails in southern West Virginia.  You can make it to the closest trailhead from Orlando in just over 12 hrs. Other trails are a little further.  There are plenty of places to stay and you can usually ride from your hotel or house through town to the gas station - gas up ride the trail to the next town and eat, gas up and come back.  The trails average anywhere from 6-10 or 12' wide with some steep hillclimbs and switchbacks.  Almost everywhere you ride there are awesome views of mountains, valleys some waterfalls and even some old coal mines to look at.  Rockhouse is the most popular trail.  The people up there are very freindly and the prices very reasonable. You won't be disappointed it's worth the ride - it's mostly interstate the whole way.  There's also white water rafting but I haven't tried that yet. Check it out https://www.trailsheaven.com/trailstatus.cfm . There's plenty of linkson the website to places to stay and other info.
jayd

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 04:42:29 PM »

I just visited Coal Creek, 72,000 acres of off road fun, located in Oliver Springs, Tennessee. Folks were camping at the trailhead without hookups and there is a campgroud 2 miles away.
You cannot go wrong at the Hatfield-McCoy trails either.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,14838.0.html
http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

nm2t

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:00:10 AM »

Canoochee  Creek atv has a good ride ,Metter GA ,Hand H atv park Jessup ,Ga
Hillbilly hills  and Culloden atv
rtracey

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 09:11:56 PM »

Have to agree with Dan, Hatfield and McCoy trails were awesome. There are trails for every skill level, awsome views, friendly people and miles and miles of never hitting the same place twice. Motels (although old and dated) were reasonable, good food around, friendly helpful folks, and lots of good times to be had.
Zoomer

It's all about the family!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 07:03:02 PM »

We just got back from our two week vacation.  Coal Creek is awesome  but it was a little intense for the wife and my 11 year old.  But if you want ot go to a great family place try Broad River it is just north of Durhamtown on Hwy 77.  It is perfect for a family, easy trails for the wife and kids and some great trails for me too.  They also do tubing and 4 man rafts on the river.  I can't say enough about how clean the cabins were and how nice the people were.
LoveMud5

Smile!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 07:21:51 PM »

We went to Coal Creek in April and it was amazing.....  there are some intense trails if you want to dare them.  The scenery was just beautiful and you ride to the top of the mountain.  I would suggest this trip to anyone.

2000 Kawasaki Prarie 4x4
2004 Honda Rancher
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 125
Tpr1600

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 10:25:12 AM »

The place i am about to suggest probably won't work for this trip, but something to keep in mind for the future. I spent a week in a place called Duck Creek Village in sw Utah. It's a 3 hr drive up I-15 from Vegas. Meadow view canbin rentals is the name of the business. In addition to the cabins he rents ATV's in the summer and Snowmobiles in the winter. Guided tours are avilable, but he does allow you to rent and go on your own. The trails start right there at the cabins and you can go for hours and not ride the same trail twice. If I remember correctly there are 600 miles of trails that go all the way into Colorado from the cabin. The trails are marked and the elevation starts at 9,000 ft and goes up from there. We went in early March and rode snowmobiles for 2 days, it was awesome. For anyone who has never been on one I highly suggest it, very fast and not as cold as you would think. I think for the snowmobile was 150 for 8 hours and for the ATV is 125. He also rents in 4 hour time slotts. The ATV's are 4 stroke utes, autos but I can't remember the size. Anybody interested can due a browser search for meadow view cabins or send me a message, I think I still have the number.
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 10:43:13 AM »

I'm debating a trip to a place called Little Sahara located in North Oklamona. 1500 acres of dunes. That is if your a sport rider and like that type of riding. It's 1467 miles and per mapquest it's 22 hrs. I might do that come fall.  -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 10:54:25 AM »

thanks for all the info, gives me and i am sure others, places to look into.  Thanks also for the web-sites, big help... Smiley

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com