Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatfield-McCoy trails Questions???  (Read 3883 times)
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2005, 02:00:14 PM »

My wife and I are planning a trip to the H+ M trails this June what are the trails like around Gilbert W.VA. ? And has anyone stayed at either Twin hollow cabins or Livingood cabins? Also what kind of paper work do you need to get a permit ?  Huh  Hey Grizz I was told you have been there. Any advise would be great!
450RRRR

fast enough

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 02:25:06 PM »

you might want to check out trailsheaven.com. thats hatfields web site. also you can look up browning fork trail house on a goggle search. we have stayed with them for the past 2 years, lisa and marty are really great people. you cant go wrong with them. and they can take care of all your permit needs.
trails are anything from wide open 4 and 5 the gear, to places i wont try on a sport quad. all are well marked and rated by difficulty... go and have a bunch of fun.. you can ride for 2 days and only cross previous trails. and if your on 4+4 then you even have more options
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 02:36:47 PM »

http://browningforkdodropin.tripod.com

where I stayed when Dreth, his dad, Grizz n family, and I went up there..dreth and his dad were with me, nice place, hospitlaity like I had not had before! it was excellent!

all our ride paperwork was already there at the cabin and permits, all we had to do was fill in the blanks and pay.

heres pics from our trip on thanksgiving
http://www.thrashed.net/hm1104
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 02:37:03 PM by Thrasher » Logged

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
trailhouseowner

God Bless America and All Our Troops!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 03:35:23 PM »

Thanks, WOWA450RRRR, for the good words.  

Let me tell you a little about the trails that runs through our community of Gilbert, WV.  The Browning Fork Trail, which is the trail that runs through our small community of Gilbert, consists of approximately 115 miles of trail. It has the largest total amount of trails of each of our trail systems. The breakdown in trail percentage is as follows: 51% are green trails (easiest), 31% are blue trails (more difficult), 11% are black trails (most difficult), and 7% are orange trails (single track only). This trail system has direct access to the city of Gilbert, WV, gas, full service food, and lodging.   It is the most popular trail in the trail system.  People seem to like the diversity of it; there is something for everyone.   Gilbert is VERY ATV and dirtbike friendly.  You will not find any better southern hospitality.

If you need any assistance planning a trip, don't hesitate to contact me.

trailhouseowner
Hatfield McCoy Trails

Browning Fork Trailhouse
www.browningforktrailhouse.com

lbucha8150@aol.com

God bless America and all our troops!!
dreth

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 05:20:03 AM »

My wife and I are planning a trip to the H+ M trails this June what are the trails like around Gilbert W.  Any advise would be great!

if you ride a sport quad plan on getting wet and muddy Wink it was FUN but WET Grin
trailhouseowner

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 09:02:20 AM »

Riding a sports quad, you often do get wet.  But if we have went a while without any rain, very few riders have to worry about mud.  The rider's main concern then is dust, unfortunately!!

trailhouseowner
Hatfield McCoy Trails

Browning Fork Trailhouse

lbucha8150@aol.com

1Scorpion
Contributing Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 03:21:38 PM »

Mud no problem, Dust no problem that is all we seem to have in Fl. I haven't found any mud yet! We ride utility quads and I'm not a fast rider anyways Wink Thanks for the info. I'm waiting to get my vaction request approved for June.
trailhouseowner

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 03:49:14 PM »

June is one of the busiet months at the Hatfield McCoy Trails.  Start making your plans as soon as possible.

trailhouseowner
Hatfield McCoy Trails

Browning Fork Trailhouse

lbucha8150@aol.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com