Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch your credit card statements  (Read 1315 times)
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2006, 05:39:53 AM »

There has been a lot of discussion on potential Ebay and Paypal scamers trying to get your personal information. Well check this out!

I get a credit card statement Sat. and I have two service station charges on my credit card from Malaysia!!!! I have never been there.

I immideately called the card company and was assured that I had 100% fraud protection and not to worry. I checked my calander, and I had worked a 12 hr day when these charges were made. The credit card company said that these charges immediately flagged their system and that they called me and left a message on my answer machine and locked my card up.

I thought this was the credit card that I use for my Paypal account, but I checked further and found that I did not even have this card in my wallet, the card is signed and locked up in my safe.

But get this. I have NEVER ONCE used this card! I got it, signed it, then locked it in the safe.

I figured that the credit card company had a breech in their system, but I was told this so watch you statements carefully. I was told that there is computer software out there that is illigal in this country. This software scrolls through various numbers until it hits on a legitimate credit card number and captures it then these criminals use it.

The credit card company told me that they will try to notify the envolved merchant, but that they have found that a lot of the time the merchant that the charge was made for is a fictious company scaming charges.

So my card number has been destroyed. If you use credit cards a lot, check every charge carefully. Mine was easy to spot as never using this card before, these were the only charges on the statement.

FYI,  Teej

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
dreth

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 07:06:55 AM »

seems to be alot of this going around lately Sad Sad thanks for the heads up Wink
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 07:23:58 AM »

And, that old Paypal email scam is still floating around out there, too. You're sent an email with a link which instructs you to log into their "security center" using your PayPal ID/Password. That way, they now have your info. I got one yesterday, didn't open it and forwarded it to PayPal.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 09:14:25 AM »

There is a gas station here that had some employees that charged peoples debit cards for $500 up north somewhere. Turned out they had family members doing this up north for them when people paid for gas with their debit card inside the store. They got quite a few people before they were caught.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com