Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Purpose and Goals for Rally (MARCH11th) @ Picayune Forest  (Read 3077 times)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2006, 04:42:12 PM »

The purpose of this rally is two fold:
First, is to begin the process of getting our 640 acres of ridable area that were promised to us. We agreed that we would take 640 acres of groomed recreational, dry land in exchange for giving up riding at Picayune Forest or "the squares" due to a SFWMD project that required shutting down the forest to OHV enthusiasts. Second, is to remove the current director of SFWMD due to "breach of contract". We gave them the land and have not been given anything in return. We were supposed to have a trail system by Oct of 2005. It is obvios that the director of SFWMD does not care about the citizens that use the forest most (OHV enthusiats). The director has taken the side of the "tree huggers" or enviromentalist and by doing so, has forgetten about the real citizens, tax payers and their families. We are not standing for this and will make a stand this time!! The irony is that they closed the forest to OHV enthusiats and now ran out of money to complete the project. So no goals were accomplished. Yet, the forest is still closed!!!!WE WANT OUR LAND AND WONT STOP UNTIL WE GET IT BACK!!!! Either give us our 640 in less than 60 days or reopen the Forest to OHV TODAY!!!!

It is pretty simple guys and we all have to be on the same page here!

Please let me know if I have any of this wrong (those are more in tune)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 04:44:41 PM by Eworm » Logged
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 08:53:23 PM »

I petitioned the county commission today to have this brought forward in front of the entire commission. I went ahead and submitted for review the second petition asking the the " Board of Governors"  of the SFWMD become an ELECTED board instead of an APPOINTED board.I THINK WE NEED TO START THINKING ABOUT OPENING UP A BANK ACCOUNT AND MAYBE HIRE A LOBBYIST or SET UP A FUND IN CASE WE NEED TO TAKE THE SFWMD TO COURT?? As for a press release I think you hit this on the nail....Great Job
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 10:57:29 AM »

I petitioned the county commission today to have this brought forward in front of the entire commission. I went ahead and submitted for review the second petition asking the the " Board of Governors"  of the SFWMD become an ELECTED board instead of an APPOINTED board.I THINK WE NEED TO START THINKING ABOUT OPENING UP A BANK ACCOUNT AND MAYBE HIRE A LOBBYIST or SET UP A FUND IN CASE WE NEED TO TAKE THE SFWMD TO COURT?? As for a press release I think you hit this on the nail....Great Job

Thanks Rick. Please aks Brian to create a paypal account so we can assist them in funding...
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 11:14:32 AM »

Thxs.I will call him today.I also called the  local SFWMD office here in naples and invited them to come and speak at the rally...
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 09:56:26 AM »

ttt
EDT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 10:04:21 AM »

I will be happy to make a donation.  just let me know where to send it if the fund get set up

2005 honda rincon
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 10:11:10 AM »

I will be happy to make a donation.  just let me know where to send it if the fund get set up

Hope to meet you at the rally!!!
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 01:01:29 AM »

Can't wait !    Grin   Please note:  If you see a tree hugger please make sure you tie him or her to your quad and drag'em through the woods, hit a mud pit while you're at it.   LOL   ( kidding ) .... well kind of.

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 10:50:44 AM »

Can't wait !    Grin   Please note:  If you see a tree hugger please make sure you tie him or her to your quad and drag'em through the woods, hit a mud pit while you're at it.   LOL   ( kidding ) .... well kind of.

I heard that!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com