I enjoy this site for what is was intended!!! Karma was a good idea, though some are not ready for that much power ;D Thank you and all of the Mod's of this board for trying to keep it fun and decent for all age groups. I have met some great people without this site I would have not been so blessed. This board is like so many of our riding spots... it gets ruined by a few that do not care. Safe riding to everyone on this site and God bless.
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 01, 2005, 05:30:23 PM
This board is like so many of our riding spots... it gets ruined by a few that do not care. Safe riding to everyone on this site and God bless.
:ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
That's the most accurate stmt that has been made on this site in a long time!
And Mr. Bones :bow.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif You are the best! Thankyou!
Karma gone , no big deal. Remove the Monk thread ? That was all about humor. Is that not allowed on this site now ? :dunno.gif
Quote from: Quad32x on October 01, 2005, 05:45:27 PM
Karma gone , no big deal. Remove the Monk thread ? That was all about humor. Is that not allowed on this site now ? :dunno.gif
I'm with you on that quad,But a Mod makes a personal threat toward myself,And the thread is still up and nothing has been done.... Do as they Say,Not as They Do should be the Theme of the Site
Open Discussion
Talk about whatever you like.
Guess that doesnt include poking fun with one another
never be a butt kisser so I guest I will not start now.
Freedom of Speech thread was also removed ( just information there) Looks like this web site being hosted in Cuba now, were there no freedom of speech and no rights for other member.
No you can post whatever you like as long as it's exactly what certain people want. Cuss words and threats are fine as long as you're in the right group of members. Other than that you can only speak of atv's. This is why Russia failed.
Communism was intended to be an everyone is equal society where everyone contributed and reaped similar rewards. But much like this site that now favors a few and excuses them from the rules, communist Russia catered to the few that were at the top of the chain. Instead of being equal they took advantage and figured equality was for the masses while they enjoyed special priveleges from above. Hmmmm any of that sound familiar ?
Who know maybe we'll get banned for not identifying with the strict party line of the atvflorida dictators, and for speaking our minds.
No foul language or personal attacks, but lets see how long we're allowed to say what we want.
Look out !! Here comes the short bus with a skin log hanging out the window !! Dont Monk with them !! >:D
Well Said Cain!!!
Beep,Beep Watch out!!
i will try to keep some piece in here......floridaatv.com if you get banned...
I might need to pack my bags ;)
What the hell. Can I be a cross surfer ? :o ;D
Haha Got my Luggage on Ice W/Wheels on the back ;)
Quote from: Quad32x on October 01, 2005, 06:18:21 PM
What the hell. Can I be a cross surfer ? :o ;D
how many hands does it require the authorities to smack your ...........
Quote from: LE-Vinson on October 01, 2005, 06:19:31 PM
Haha Got my Luggage on Ice W/Wheels on the back ;)
Then go enough allready! :banghead.gif :banghead.gif :banghead.gif:
oh and scooter don't let the door..... you know the rest!
Quote from: da_mtgs_boss on October 01, 2005, 06:23:15 PM
Quote from: LE-Vinson on October 01, 2005, 06:19:31 PM
Haha Got my Luggage on Ice W/Wheels on the back ;)
Then go enough allready! :banghead.gif :banghead.gif :banghead.gif:
oh and scooter don't let the door..... you know the rest!
Is that a personal attack ? or border on indecent since the implication was there for an obscene comment? Geeze I guess we'll have to see what happens whens
Ban you!! HAHHAHA Mr Castro will shoot you in the morning.
Quote from: da_mtgs_boss on October 01, 2005, 06:23:15 PM
Quote from: LE-Vinson on October 01, 2005, 06:19:31 PM
Haha Got my Luggage on Ice W/Wheels on the back ;)
Then go enough allready! :banghead.gif :banghead.gif :banghead.gif:
oh and scooter don't let the door..... you know the rest!
:Wacko.gif :Wacko.gif
You know its funny how i got singled out in the deal,It's Quite funny!! because i Voice how i see it.......
I'm Hated on
I smell a pee pee smackin coming on !! :o :o
Quote from: LE-Vinson on October 01, 2005, 06:27:06 PM
Quote from: da_mtgs_boss on October 01, 2005, 06:23:15 PM
Quote from: LE-Vinson on October 01, 2005, 06:19:31 PM
Haha Got my Luggage on Ice W/Wheels on the back ;)
Then go enough allready! :banghead.gif :banghead.gif :banghead.gif:
oh and scooter don't let the door..... you know the rest!
:Wacko.gif :Wacko.gif
You know its funny how i got singled out in the deal,It's Quite funny!! because i Voice how i see it.......
I'm Hated on
as long as you don't touch my crown royal bottle your beer drinking buddies and me will still love ya....
Quote from: cain73 on October 01, 2005, 06:25:09 PM
Quote from: da_mtgs_boss on October 01, 2005, 06:23:15 PM
Quote from: LE-Vinson on October 01, 2005, 06:19:31 PM
Haha Got my Luggage on Ice W/Wheels on the back ;)
Then go enough allready! :banghead.gif :banghead.gif :banghead.gif:
oh and scooter don't let the door..... you know the rest!
Is that a personal attack ? or border on indecent since the implication was there for an obscene comment? Geeze I guess we'll have to see what happens whens
Cain When your a Mod the Rules Dont Apply To you
Or atleast thats what i have gathered in the past 24hours
I got my own Smoke ill give you a cup if you run out CR and Red bull mmmmmm....
It's a shame karma's gone already.... I would have predicted a bunch of negatives for a certain outspoken group ;)
It's gone from a community of like minded individuals to a "play my way or I'll take all the toys and go home" kind of deal
I wonder how long it will be before this thread is gone. :tsktsk.gif Oh crap !! Here comes the short bus again ! :o :o :o
You reap what you sew!
The way I see it there is only about 5 people on this site that has ruined it for thousands! PLease Mr. Bones wave that magic wand and make them disappear! It would be something like an image of the Lion King after Scar gets banned from the kingdom. The landscape turns back to a beuatiful peaceful enviroment. And Scooter I mean Scar goes off to the dark lands with the other natsy mean annimals! See we do have other interest beside Power Rangers!
Honk, Honk..... All aboard the Short Bus 8)
reload, reload, reload, reload....
In some circles it is evident and obvious that many of the scenarios that are drawn upon for reference lend insight into the individual's mindset and social mentality. Thereby allowing one to infer a course of action and regulations to adhere to lest one be banished from certain gathering locations.
Yea !
Refuel the bus cain! we are going for a long and bumpy ride
one way street's are alway's dead ends :M
Well , well , well. Look who rolled , er , I mean walked in on this stuff. Welcome brother ! ;D ;D
Is that a quote from Harry Potter??
Mr Bones-
I know you are watching all of these. I also know that normal thinking people think you and the mods are great. Why don't you compile a least of names, freeze new member sign up for a week and let the people rule! Let us vote them off the island! At the end of it ban who was voted off and drop all this bogus stuff from the lower end of the food chain. It is only human to defend yourself and we have all been weak, but there are a few blood hounds that noone can escape and I think that the majority will rule.
Quote from: cain73 on October 01, 2005, 06:37:42 PM
In some circles it is evident and obvious that many of the scenarios that are drawn upon for reference lend insight into the individual's mindset and social mentality. Thereby allowing one to infer a course of action and regulations to adhere to lest one be banished from certain gathering locations.
holy crap! i cant even begin to understand what you said. hold on let me get my dictionary. i'm hooked on phonics. ;D ;D
WOW Cain.. I have seen eye to eye with you on so many issues, but as the old saying goes "IF WE ALWAYS THINK ALIKE, ONE OF US IS NOT NEEDED". I am going to ignore the short bus comments because I am not sure of there reference point. I have a 5 month old who we are praying for every day not to have Brain damage and be mentaly impared, so one could take offence. I am going to stick to what I have said, This is a family site and gathering of people with like interest.. It's not a dictatorship issue its a RESPECT issue. I have offended others I am sure with some of my veiws but I did not resort to Cussing and refering to my privates to get my point accross. As for a "klick" I am not part of one, I am only a 1 year member and have only met a few of you, the ones I have met have been great. Cain I still respect you and your conviction but lets not let all of the little stuff get in the way of the BIG picture... atving and saving our riding spots, not fighting and aggravating other atvers for fun. Call it what you wiil "cross surfing" or whatever this I take no offence to I will still Bless those who Curse me.
Swamp aka Scott
Dang Now this has turned into internet Survivor
We herby vote you of the island
Quote from: GASGASMAN on October 01, 2005, 06:55:44 PM
yea i just read the THREAT on the other thread
i think he talks like a man with a paper a-hole
just my 2 cents ;)
Dang stevie ! Tell us how you really feel ! ;) ;D
omg survivor ?? ha ha
idle threats really piss me off !!
Quote from: GASGASMAN on October 01, 2005, 06:55:44 PM
yea i just read the THREAT on the other thread
i think he talks like a man with a paper a-hole
just my 2 cents ;)
NOW THAT IS SOME FUNNY $HIT RIGHT THERE>...funniest thing i have heard ina while...
Watch what you say ! You might end up on a list !! ::)
Quote from: GASGASMAN on October 01, 2005, 06:59:38 PM
omg survivor ?? ha ha
oh my god i wanna be on stephanies tribe-she fine!
Quote from: gery350 on October 01, 2005, 07:03:43 PM
Quote from: GASGASMAN on October 01, 2005, 06:59:38 PM
omg survivor ?? ha ha
oh my god i wanna be on stephanies tribe-she fine!
Dont Call Quad that in public Thats his stage Name ;)
Oh leard. ::)
where is yamahondaman, dyno, cut? that would bring the LFG camp all back together....bunch of Large Fat Guys up in here representing...
Swamp Donkey - First the short bus was in no way meant to be offensive to you or anyone. I am one of those praying for your son regardless of his circumstances or our differences. And being one with a mentally retarded sibling I'm sure I identify with those that have had to deal with accepting certain limitations that others might have. The short bus was a thread created in fun. Yes it drew from the common thought of those that ride it as slower but not necessarily mentally handicapped. It was not meant to be offensive, just a way to make fun of those that embelish a certain strreotype.
As for my opinion on how the site is going I don't even need to defend it. I am entitled to it as you are your opinion. I understand the necessity for rules of conduct. My dissatisfaction stems from some being able to joke and close in on the line while others are looked down for doing the same thing. If it were to be a certain rule across the board so be it. When it is one way for a certain few and another way for others it irritates me. And a suggestion to vote people on or off just reinforces my theory. Klick here klick there. My husband's a mod so you leave? I don't think that's the way the site was initially set up.
I have been a member for 2 years and have seen the way the site has changed. Some for good some not so good. But when you start with rules based upon who it is amounts to discrimination.
As for some of the controversial post in which I take part - I sometimes forget myself and get carried away. I was one that pushed for an adult or pg-13 section and was denied. Why is it ok to discuss certain controversial issues as long as a mod thinks the same way, but it's not ok if a mod disagrees with you ? Inequality is what I am against. If the rules are rules then that's how they should be enforced. You shouldn't have special status because of whom you are married to and be able to make personal attacks or threats.
People shouldn't have to agree with everyone to make a post. and they shouldn't be persecuted for doing so. State the rules and all follow them or don't hate on the few that do it in a joking manner.
I have been on both sides. I have been on the side that the majority likes and now it appears I'm not on that side. It's still my opinion and I should be abe to express it. This thread and a couple of other recent ones demonstrate the seperation of members based on the who you know = what priveleges you get. I can't see anything good coming from a new ideology of oppression based upon Klicks. Again I say if the rules are the rules they should apply to all and not single out a few.
I also vote for a men's section. In all fairness we should have one shouldn't we ? I like the site and would like to stay a member, as long as the foundation stays the same..... equality and friendship for those that are atv enthusiasts. Not on a "me dictator - you follow me and my wife- type scenario.
you better wacth out quads been known to whip a little a$$ :box.gif :ouch.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif
Right on big man ! :o ;) ;D
Cain- I have agreed with you on the majority of things you say untilnow. And there is a lot of things I could say that would make it personel I have never asked for or demanded that I have special privliages in fact until last night I had only made 30 post but when my husband is going thru he11 and back to keep just a handfull happy and then get's personally attacked by the few I sure as heck am going to stand up to them and state my oppinion which only belongs to me not my "MOD HUSBAND". I am sick of him not being able to keep the peace and when he snaps he is the one who gets attacked! And our family is brought into it. He is human too. Do you have any idea how many pm's are in both of our accounts right now??? Ton's supporting what both Mike and I said last night. And they are not part of any clicks???You said this is a dictatorship so I said let the majority rule!! That to was not the correct answer. Nothing is enough for some people. Please add my husband and my name to the list. I would love for MIke to give this up then maybe he might live to see 50! You and a few others are sucking the life from him.
Cain would you go to Disney and protest no strip joints? No because Disney was set up with Family in mind------This site is no different
LFG IS IN THE HOUSE :o
Quote from: cutngrs on October 01, 2005, 07:27:43 PM
you better wacth out quads been known to whip a little a$$ :box.gif :ouch.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif
my goosh don't you know.....i heard he likes to smack them around a little before he whips them.....GET IT RAG....
Quote from: cutngrs on October 01, 2005, 07:30:46 PM
LFG IS IN THE HOUSE :o
LFG is going to be in hazelhurst october 15th....mapquest can get you there....
Jen, with all due respect. disney started that way but change as it grew. guad night, gay week that happens on a yearly bases. But, when Freedom of Speech is removed from this site thats wrong!
Quote from: da_mtgs_boss on October 01, 2005, 07:30:31 PM
Cain- I have agreed with you on the majority of things you say untilnow. And there is a lot of things I could say that would make it personel I have never asked for or demanded that I have special privliages in fact until last night I had only made 30 post but when my husband is going thru he11 and back to keep just a handfull happy and then get's personally attacked by the few I sure as heck am going to stand up to them and state my oppinion which only belongs to me not my "MOD HUSBAND". I am sick of him not being able to keep the peace and when he snaps he is the one who gets attacked! And our family is brought into it. He is human too. Do you have any idea how many pm's are in both of our accounts right now??? Ton's supporting what both Mike and I said last night. And they are not part of any clicks???You said this is a dictatorship so I said let the majority rule!! That to was not the correct answer. Nothing is enough for some people. Please add my husband and my name to the list. I would love for MIke to give this up then maybe he might live to see 50! You and a few others are sucking the life from him.
Cain would you go to Disney and protest no strip joints? No because Disney was set up with Family in mind------This site is no different
As stated I have no prob with rules. I am for the rules being applied even.y. The prob (onlly 1 I've ever had) with your husband is the fact that it's ok for him to make an outright personal attack and threat with no repercussions due to his mod status. There have been threads deleted for content and I for one have said things like "I understand why, it got out of hand, etc" but for it to be ok for some and not others is my problem. As you know I believe in expressing my opinion and you said yourself we usually are on the same page. But now it's get rid of me since we don't see eye to eye ? Isn't that acting on a bias ? I again say state the rules and apply them. It shouldn't be different for different people. I am sorry if my posts have placed stress on or demanded the time of your husband. I can see where it would be hard trying to sift through all the stuff on this site and trying to keep the peace. I applaud his efforts as long as equality is kept intact. the suggestion was made for a pg-13 section to accomodate adults (still with rules of decency in mind) after age verification was made to help seperate any possible offensive or controversial content from mainstream discussions. I for one believe it would have been in the best interest of the site and avoided much drama. I however don't have the authority do make such a decision and would be fine to stay and play by the rules as a G rated site. My problem was in the way the rules were applied and the fact that they applied to a certain few. perhaps it's due to the ovewhelming amount of posts that this took place, I can't say for sure. It just seemed like an unjust application of the select rules on a few. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding that got blown way out of proportion, but threats and delete these few accounts isn't the way to solve it and only strengthens the thought that it was singling out a few individuals. This dichotomy can't exist on only 1 side. There seem to be two factions going at it. I think a truce need to be called and the rules as well as their enforcement revisited.
Atleast Disney Sells Beer :drink.gif
;D
[attachment deleted by admin]
Haha good one ;)
why are you going?
hell No! go find some else (who is this?)
Cut it out! I'm gone!
??????????
[attachment deleted by admin]
man looks like everyone is going crazy hope you all get to ride soon to vent some steam
Quote from: cain73 on October 01, 2005, 07:10:41 PM
Swamp Donkey - First the short bus was in no way meant to be offensive to you or anyone. I am one of those praying for your son regardless of his circumstances or our differences. And being one with a mentally retarded sibling I'm sure I identify with those that have had to deal with accepting certain limitations that others might have. The short bus was a thread created in fun. Yes it drew from the common thought of those that ride it as slower but not necessarily mentally handicapped. It was not meant to be offensive, just a way to make fun of those that embelish a certain strreotype.
As for my opinion on how the site is going I don't even need to defend it. I am entitled to it as you are your opinion. I understand the necessity for rules of conduct. My dissatisfaction stems from some being able to joke and close in on the line while others are looked down for doing the same thing. If it were to be a certain rule across the board so be it. When it is one way for a certain few and another way for others it irritates me. And a suggestion to vote people on or off just reinforces my theory. Klick here klick there. My husband's a mod so you leave? I don't think that's the way the site was initially set up.
I have been a member for 2 years and have seen the way the site has changed. Some for good some not so good. But when you start with rules based upon who it is amounts to discrimination.
As for some of the controversial post in which I take part - I sometimes forget myself and get carried away. I was one that pushed for an adult or pg-13 section and was denied. Why is it ok to discuss certain controversial issues as long as a mod thinks the same way, but it's not ok if a mod disagrees with you ? Inequality is what I am against. If the rules are rules then that's how they should be enforced. You shouldn't have special status because of whom you are married to and be able to make personal attacks or threats.
People shouldn't have to agree with everyone to make a post. and they shouldn't be persecuted for doing so. State the rules and all follow them or don't hate on the few that do it in a joking manner.
10-4 Cain, clarification on your stand is more understood now. I can see some of your points, thanks for keepin up the prayers. ;D
Scott, no matter want goes on here at the site! All of our prayer will all way be there for you and your family.
I think your talken about my cusin RAPTER 700R
Quote from: big-daddy on October 02, 2005, 12:04:55 AM
Scott, no matter want goes on here at the site! All of our prayer will all way be there for you and your family.
THANK YOU RICKY!!!! Who is your new friend??
Freaking drag queen that want to take me disney :'( or the kid ?
maybe you can hook him up with Randy hehehehehe :o
Quote from: big-daddy on October 02, 2005, 12:04:55 AM
Scott, no matter want goes on here at the site! All of our prayer will all way be there for you and your family.
I'll second thatAll in favor say "I"
I; eye ; aiye and any other version to make sure you all get the point ;)
how about a amen!
Quote from: cutngrs on October 01, 2005, 07:27:43 PM
you better wacth out quads been known to whipe little boys a$$ :box.gif :ouch.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif
That doesnt surprise me :o
Quote from: big-daddy on October 02, 2005, 01:01:49 AM
maybe you can hook him up with Randy hehehehehe :o
be nice!!!
Quote from: cain73 on October 02, 2005, 01:09:35 AM
I; eye ; aiye and any other version to make sure you all get the point ;)
got it!!! lmao ;D
dang, leave for a day or two and come back to this?
let's just say, it's tough to try to keep 4000 people happy and that's the job that the mods have.
ever since becoming one, this website has become less enoyable to me and has become more like an obligation.
I'd like to enjoy it again,,,,so hows about I go put a pancake on my head?
Id@
Id@ take a picture and post it... hehehe
Scott, ok I'll play nice and maybe the kid we hook up with the drag queen and off get off the internet. :P
Quote from: big-daddy on October 02, 2005, 02:30:12 AM
Id@ take a picture and post it... hehehe
Scott, ok I'll play nice and maybe the kid we hook up with the drag queen and off get off the internet. :P
I thought you were hookin up with the drag queen???
he or she need to get there hair done.
Quote from: big-daddy on October 02, 2005, 02:52:31 AM
he or she need to get there hair done.
yes sir that would make all the difference :o
As an administrator of my own site and forum of nearly 6,000 members for over 5 years I'll say this piece as some universal advice on internet forums and be done. Take it for what you will.
When you group this large of amount of people together from different demographics and backgrounds, there is going to be controversey, period. There is no equal ground, there is yes and no, black and white, good and bad, one or the other. If a posistion is going to be made it has to be on one or the other and it has to be clear. The undefined "middle ground" does not work. That posistion is defined by the owner/administrator of the particular forum and by the moderators he choses to help run it. Being a moderator or an administrator is not an easy or painless job. I've lost a couple close friends on my own forum because of similiar ordeals. If you have a problem with a particular stance a moderator or administrator has taken, heres my advice. DONT WORRY ABOUT IT! Suck it up and be thankful that you have a place to do what you are, and that its free of charge. The management spends lots of time, and money in most cases to make a place like this. Don't take it for granted.
Dont jump on a bandwagon, if you've got a problem with something try PMing or emailing the moderator or admin personally instead of making a thread about it. That doesn't do anything irritate and agitate the problem. The moderators and admins have a thankless job, and I have respect for anyone that does it on an active forum since there is ALWAYS controversey surrounding them when someones post is moved or edited, even if there shouldn't be.
Speak your mind without deliberately trying to cause trouble (AKA Trolling). Read your message before you hit the post button, and think "If I was the one reading this, would it piss me off?" Does it make one shread of comprehensible sense? Is my post helpful or beneficial to other people who read it? How does this message reflect on me and what I represent? I'm a member of many forums, and I make it a habit of not posting "socially". If I've got something to post about it, its usually worth reading or I'm trying to find some info out.
If you have that big of a problem with the management, leave and make your own forum, with your own rules and guidelines. If your lucky, in a couple years you might have a few hundred members that are like minded as you.
I would like to thank Mr. Bones for bringing the site to life, Da Mtg Man for being as fair and impartial as possible under the circumstances, Ny Raptor for the job he did while he was here, Ida Man for having a continually upbeat attitude and the other members who have contributed meaningful topics in the past. That was an enjoyable time which seems to have come to a temporary end.
As a Mod I'm sure you have to have a lot of patience, I have to admire the restraint Da Mtg Man has used in the face of such deameaning comments as were made on another thread. If I had to sit thru 3 paragraphs of personal attacks I would be alittle upset too. Those of you without kids would probably not understand.
By the way, that dust cloud you're eatin was left there by an ATP modified Rancher. ;)
Quote from: jwscroll on October 02, 2005, 03:11:47 AM
I would like to thank Mr. Bones for bringing the site to life, Da Mtg Man for being as fair and impartial as possible under the circumstances, Ny Raptor for the job he did while he was here, Ida Man for having a continually upbeat attitude and the other members who have contributed meaningful topics in the past. That was an enjoyable time which seems to have come to a temporary end.
As a Mod I'm sure you have to have a lot of patience, I have to admire the restraint Da Mtg Man has used in the face of such deameaning comments as were made on another thread. If I had to sit thru 3 paragraphs of personal attacks I would be alittle upset too.
Thanks JW, Thats exactly why Le-Vinson and gasgasman are now banned form atvflorida. Any of their other friends that are involved in this wanna go? It's a simple click of the key for me. ;)
Absolutely amazing. I am curious and must ask. were they banned for inappropriate posts or for personal reasons concerning a moderator ? :-\
but, the smoke you smell is a 2 stroke in front. ;) j/k Jon. I think we need more mods on the site. 3 mods for 4000 people doesnt sound right.
BTW: Mr Bones was PM and still wait for a responce ;)
Quote from: cutngrs on October 01, 2005, 07:27:43 PM
you better wacth out quads been known to whip a little a$$ :box.gif :ouch.gif :box.gif :ouch.gif
when you quote some one put it on right
Quote from: cain73 on October 02, 2005, 03:25:39 AM
Absolutely amazing. I am curious and must ask. were they banned for inappropriate posts or for personal reasons concerning a moderator ? :-\
It doesn't matter, I'm a mod. I can do what I want. ;)
I'm thinking back and trying to remember the last time you made a post about riding. The only thing I ever hear from you is an argument.
This is an atv site, The mods have talked and we decided that yall are right, We are mightier than thow and we run this site and we remove what we decide to. I have their backing and this site WILL be cleaned up. It will once again be used for what it was created for.
Mike, just make it clear so we know what the rules are.
pull it up and show me i dont remember that :)
Is that a weedeater I smell? :J :J
I sent you a pm to ask you about it but since you're busy flexing your almighty power forget it. Fine run your dictatorship of a site right into the ground. with no members there's no site. We all came here because it was well run and we enjoyed it. now it's "I'm better than you and do what I want" Not I'll do what it takes to make the sight clean, but what ever I want. I frequently post about atv's and riding. however the reason I've been here for just over 2 years is due to the comorodery and friendship. Just like Swamp Donkey asked for prayers in his time of need. We do such things in a comfortable and helpful society not in a coercive dictatorship.
If you expect me to lick your boots or to only post exactly what you like or agree with while you post nasty comments and threats cause you're a "mod" then don't bother pushing your big bad delete button I'll remove myself. You post what ever you want and even if we follow the rules but upset the big bad mods we get banned ? that's crap no matter how you look at it. Those that don't like me will be happy to see me go, but remember that you too might one day have an original or non-conformist idea that will get you deleted due to someone's ego being bruised.
At least you are going down kicking... and screaming and whining
i wont give him the satisfaction of going on my own thay will have to kick me out most of the stuff i put on here is in a jokeing kind of way i post about racing stuff all the time so if they dont like it do what you gotta do
Quote from: cain73 on October 02, 2005, 03:50:46 AM
I sent you a pm to ask you about it but since you're busy flexing your almighty power forget it. Fine run your dictatorship of a site right into the ground. with no members there's no site. We all came here because it was well run and we enjoyed it. now it's "I'm better than you and do what I want" Not I'll do what it takes to make the sight clean, but what ever I want. I frequently post about atv's and riding. however the reason I've been here for just over 2 years is due to the comorodery and friendship. Just like Swamp Donkey asked for prayers in his time of need. We do such things in a comfortable and helpful society not in a coercive dictatorship.
If you expect me to lick your boots or to only post exactly what you like or agree with while you post nasty comments and threats cause you're a "mod" then don't bother pushing your big bad delete button I'll remove myself. You post what ever you want and even if we follow the rules but upset the big bad mods we get banned ? that's crap no matter how you look at it. Those that don't like me will be happy to see me go, but remember that you too might one day have an original or non-conformist idea that will get you deleted due to someone's ego being bruised.
Ok, Cain just struck out too. Anyone else wanna step up to the plate?
I hope that I made it clear when I said that we are cleaning up this site.
Quote from: cutngrs on October 02, 2005, 04:00:20 AM
i wont give him the satisfaction of going on my own thay will have to kick me out most of the stuff i put on here is in a jokeing kind of way i post about racing stuff all the time so if they dont like it do what you gotta do
Post away man. Unless I missed something I think that you use this site for what it was made for.
thnaks mr.bones
Quote from: cain73 on October 02, 2005, 04:05:01 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 02, 2005, 04:00:57 AM
Quote from: cain73 on October 02, 2005, 03:50:46 AM
I sent you a pm to ask you about it but since you're busy flexing your almighty power forget it. Fine run your dictatorship of a site right into the ground. with no members there's no site. We all came here because it was well run and we enjoyed it. now it's "I'm better than you and do what I want" Not I'll do what it takes to make the sight clean, but what ever I want. I frequently post about atv's and riding. however the reason I've been here for just over 2 years is due to the comorodery and friendship. Just like Swamp Donkey asked for prayers in his time of need. We do such things in a comfortable and helpful society not in a coercive dictatorship.
If you expect me to lick your boots or to only post exactly what you like or agree with while you post nasty comments and threats cause you're a "mod" then don't bother pushing your big bad delete button I'll remove myself. You post what ever you want and even if we follow the rules but upset the big bad mods we get banned ? that's crap no matter how you look at it. Those that don't like me will be happy to see me go, but remember that you too might one day have an original or non-conformist idea that will get you deleted due to someone's ego being bruised.
Ok, Cain just struck out too. Anyone else wanna step up to the plate?
I hope that I made it clear when I said that we are cleaning up this site.
what in there was out of line? nothing obscene or attack yet I'm targeted ?
Refresher course:
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,4321.0.html
That's the rules. It's simple.
Not to sound like Rodney but.... CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ???
[attachment deleted by admin]
lol
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 02, 2005, 03:40:19 AM
Quote from: cain73 on October 02, 2005, 03:25:39 AM
Absolutely amazing. I am curious and must ask. were they banned for inappropriate posts or for personal reasons concerning a moderator ? :-\
It doesn't matter, I'm a mod. I can do what I want. ;)
I'm thinking back and trying to remember the last time you made a post about riding. The only thing I ever hear from you is an argument.
This is an atv site, The mods have talked and we decided that yall are right, We are mightier than thow and we run this site and we remove what we decide to. I have their backing and this site WILL be cleaned up. It will once again be used for what it was created for.
I am very happy with the moderators decisions..........the reason I and my" family " came to this site was for atv issues and places to ride and get togethers, which we have been pleased to attend and meet many nice people "and they know who they are"....... Thanks again........ :Clap.gif
I can truly say that this site recieved a black eye tonight. I'm really saddened by the turn of events and I wouldn't feel right if I didn't speak my mind since everyone else has, and some suffered the worst of consequences as a result. If one of the mods or Mr Bones himself decide to ban me for it then so be it. Let me start by saying that I agree 100% that a few of the threads have crossed the line as of late most specifically the ones that are laced with comments about drag queens, pole smokers, cornholing etc etc which is why I chose not to be a particapant in those threads. That being said they could have and should have been deleted once they crossed that line at that time but they weren't. That would have sent a message right away and avoided the months worth of drama that ultimately ended in banishment. After all the mods have the power to do so. Mike I must say I am dissapointed in you most of all. Before you get your blood pressure up let me explain. I have no hard feelings toward you. I think you know I like and respect you as a person / friend and will continue to do so but I think I would be short changing you if I didn't explain why I'm dissapointed. First off let me tell you why I respect you. #1 Your a good family man and show your kids love and respect and give them the attention all kids should have. #2 You always welcome newbies and make them feel at home as you did with me when I first started. #3 You go out of your way to help people for example like when you picked up my bike at my house and delivered it for free. #4 You carry yourself in a professional and friendly manner whether were doing buisness or just BS ing #5 You have a thick green saint augustine yard almost as thick and green as mine. LOL. That being said let me now tell you why I'm dissapointed. I look at being a mod as being someone who has the power to make decisions and is willing to make them rationally, maturely, and without bias.#1- I thought you were 100% wrong when you made the physical threat toward a member. That's something I don't think anybody should be doing ESPECIALLY a mod. What happens if your on a group ride and that person gets liquored up and decides to call you on it? Would you wan't your kids to witness that? #2 I was amazed at the arrogance of your responses,for example " Any of your friends want to be banned it's a simple click of the key for me" or when your response was " It doesn't matter I'm a mod I can do what I want" Do you even realize how that makes you look? I'm dissapointed because I didn't think you were that arrogant or that you would stoop to threatning someone. I supervise over 40 installers at my place of employment and they all know I'm in charge but I don't flaunt my authority. I have directed the firing of many employees over the years but it's never done on a knee jerk reaction. I give them advice on how to correct there deficiencies as well as warnings prior to the end result. Like I said earlier you could have deleted the questional posts on the spot to get the point across from the beginning. By letting it go so long it gave the impression that is was acceptable. Before someone says I should have PMd you let me say I posted my thoughts here in case I were to get banned as a result people would know why. If I do it wont ruin my life. I'll still see everyone on the group rides. Like I said previously Mike there's no hard feelings on my part I'm just surprised at your actions that's all. A SAD DAY FOR ATV FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!
No, not a sad day at all. Quite the contrary.
I will just go over the facts:
Fact: The rule posting was on "June 30, 2005",
Proof: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,4321.0.html
Fact: Yes, they were shown leniency with alot of the threads/topics.
Proof: Look through the site and you will see for yourself.
Fact: They badgered the Moderators not only on this site, but off site as well.
Proof: http://www.floridaatv.com/YaBB.pl?num=1128173888
Fact: Yes a moderator did get out of hand.
Proof: He's an emotional human being. Who was "pushed" into it.
Fact: We don't NEED an 18+ section, it's not the intent of the site.
Proof: READ the very first page. http://www.atvflorida.com/index.shtml
Scroll down to "What is ATVFlorida.com?"
Fact: As adults given leniency all they did was keep pushing instead of backing off.
Proof: The evidence is obvious and it culminated with the deletion of members.
We(adults and children alike) are all smart enough to realize this was not about
free speech or being in the right "click" so to speak. Or any other number of reasons
that was meant to disuade you from the truth.
Adults need to take responsibility for their actions and adjust accordingly in a self-
policing manner. Very few people don't know right from wrong. It's easy to spot.
If you make it so every post HAS to be moderated then not only will there be no
moderators they will be no site to moderate. That would be a nightmarish job and
few would be willing to do it.
I personally want to "Thank" the moderators.
I looked back through my post and started to see how I had fallen into it so easily.
Not to be an excuse mind you. I did take notice and stop my negative style postings.
Well, thats all.
I feel fine right now ;) Thanks for your concern though.
----------------------EDIT-------------------------
Your post LE is proof unto itself that my facts are correct.
GET IT RAG?!
Aren't you gone yet? Do you need help packing? Cause I am sure there are a lot of people that would be happy to help you!
I don't know I have just learned my way around with a crash course this weekend. I sent you a pm.
I can't belive this. I go away for a day and come back and there is this. What in the heck happened? People are banned but worst of all is friends are lost because of this B/S! Why was cain banned? He really didnt do anything wrong. The way I see it is you all are making your own d**n problems! I first came to this site about 5 months ago and liked it alot. I would try to log on atleast once a day. I liked the joking in the open disscusion and reading the where to ride section. As of lately though, I really don't care about looking at this site as much. Now its just really going down hill. I agree with LE-Vinson and the others like cain. If you want to yell at me for seeing things the way I do go ahead. If you want to ban me for this go ahead. If and of you want to fight me about my views, I will give you my adress and you can head right over! >:(
stop all already... I'm no Mod, but I am give everybody a TIME OUT go to your corners and chill. Think for friendship and the good times we all have riding.
-------------------DO NOT POST ANY MORE ON THIS THREAD TILL MONDAY-------------
Excellent Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh Ya..One problem about going to the corner my backside doesn't fit on the stool anymore??????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I think everybody needs a DRINK!!!
I did not intend for this to get out of hand, I only wished to give some Thanks for getting rid of Karma. EVERYONE PLEASE HAVE A NICE SUNDAY WITH THEIR FAMILY...LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR THIS. I see good points made on both sides and both side got too involved emotionaly...that is human.
Take a breather, go ride, go to church or whetever you do on Sunday but please take a break! ;)
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: big-daddy on October 02, 2005, 11:48:45 AM
stop all already... I'm no Mod, but I am give everybody a TIME OUT go to your corners and chill. Think for friendship and the good times we all have riding.
-------------------DO NOT POST ANY MORE ON THIS THREAD TILL MONDAY-------------
:Clap.gif
Id@