would this work
[attachment deleted by admin]
Check with a plumbing supply house. See if they have a 2" PVC check valve. How will you get the water out of it when it gets in? :dunno.gif Maybe mount it horizontally and have a T just before the check valve with a ball valve on the drop leg. Just don't forget to close it again before riding.
What snorkel is it for? The crank? Not good to mix metal parts with plastic parts, something about the fit.
its for the snorkel
Not sure you want to put a check valvein your snorkle, it will restrict your airflow if the airbox creates enough suction to even open it.
ok for get it then
Hole Saw.
[attachment deleted by admin]
1 1/2 in. Flex connector, top one connects pvc to thickwalled white spa hose which I pushed in between the fender and the oil cooler.
Bottom flex I cut open on one side and wrapped it around pipe for two reasons.1 to prevent the snorkel from falling back down the hole, & 2 to protect the pipe from the bracket.
[attachment deleted by admin]
1 1/2 in. 90 degree pipe connector at the end of the flex hose, notice where I pushed the hose thru. Stay between the inner fender and the oil cooler. Doing it this way did prevent me from reattaching the little rivet right there.
[attachment deleted by admin]
ok cool now at the top i was just going to run a full pvc cuz i want it to be inter changebul from big to small and its a twist on will it still work with that
also what did u use to seal it up im using pvc cement and gasket type thing that pervents water to get in now what type of heat sheald r u useing
I got some metal repair tape from Autozone. I haven't had any problems yet, just be sure the pipe is snug against the frame.
At the top of the flex connect on the bracket you'll notice a thin white line, this is the threaded connector I used to accomplish what you want to do. I glued it up with pvc primer then cement, but primer not really necessary. Be sure to use some teflon tape on the threads, do not put a major amount of torque on this connection just snug it down. Too much torque and you will break yuor glue connection and make it nearly impossible to remove.
dose any one know if there is a wrap that is heat risitn where it will deflect the heat away from my snorkel