My son has a go-cart with a Dekni Japanese regular carburetor. It has four bolts in the carb bowl. 2 have the hex head with the center point and 2 that just have a round head on them. The hex is no problem but I can't figure out how to get the other two screws out. Any one have any ideas on how to remove them?
Can you post a pic
ive removed screws like that from carb. bowls,this way 1 get pressure pliers that r needle nose. n try to grip the bolt n unscreww it...2 with a lite hammer hit the bolts firmly on the head but not to hard,it will lossen it up n ...3 with a flat head screw driver,n hammer hit the bolt on the edge in a counter clock wise direction as if u were unscrewing it..good luck pal
I usually grind a slot into them and use a flat head screwdriver. If that's not possible, then you will have to drill the head off. Most likely, you will have to replace the screws either way.
If you're able to grab the sides with some alternative lifestyle cutters, grab hold and twist. Usually works best vertical.
Thanks for the replies but this post is a year old... I did get the bolts out using the method Andy described.....
That's funny, I never pay attention.