Poll
Question:
What's better for your health? Beer or Diet Soda?
Option 1: Beer
votes: 34
Option 2: Diet Soda
votes: 1
I think beer in moderation is healthier. I don't think diet soda has any health benefits whatsoever. What do you think?
I totally agree, beer always makes me feel better so it must be healthier. :T
A wise man once said; In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom. Care to guess who said this?
Diet coke makes your body acidic which causes diesease and a week immune system. Beer in moderation is better but high quantities can cause acidicy too.
Diet soda is horrible for you. The first and foremost reason is that Diet soda is full of chemicals you should never have in your body. The main offender of this is Aspartame. Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees. Aspartic Acid (40%)- is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death. So about half of it kills brain cells. Those arent very important right? I really should not have to say anything about methanol. Aspartame also breaks down to diketopiperazine which was proven to cause brain tumors. The breakdown products attack tissue and creates Formaldehyde which stays there forever. If you arent familar with the stuff its what they use to preserve dead frogs when you got them at school to disect.
I mean the list is endless. Diet soda is simply horrible for you. Also consider this, Diet Soda has just about 0 redemming value in it. Your body does not want and/or need anything from it besides the water in it. Overall I think your better just drinking regular soda or beer. Im not out to say that beer or regular coke is necessarily great for your health but when its considered against diet soda I dont see why you would even consider drinking it. I mean the best thing is water but, thats not the debate at hand. In short, drink beer.
Quote from: MadMudder on July 22, 2009, 04:34:19 PM
Diet soda is horrible for you. The first and foremost reason is that Diet soda is full of chemicals you should never have in your body. The main offender of this is Aspartame. Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees. Aspartic Acid (40%)- is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death. So about half of it kills brain cells. Those arent very important right? I really should not have to say anything about methanol. Aspartame also breaks down to diketopiperazine which was proven to cause brain tumors. The breakdown products attack tissue and creates Formaldehyde which stays there forever. If you arent familar with the stuff its what they use to preserve dead frogs when you got them at school to disect.
I mean the list is endless. Diet soda is simply horrible for you. Also consider this, Diet Soda has just about 0 redemming value in it. Your body does not want and/or need anything from it besides the water in it. Overall I think your better just drinking regular soda or beer. Im not out to say that beer or regular coke is necessarily great for your health but when its considered against diet soda I dont see why you would even consider drinking it. I mean the best thing is water but, thats not the debate at hand. In short, drink beer.
Good post kid... :ThumbsUp.gif
The only reason I drink diet is to drink something other than water that has no calories. I am no health nut just trying to lower my calorie intake. So far I have went from 213 to 181 just from lowering my calories to 2000 a day.
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on July 22, 2009, 05:33:22 PM
The only reason I drink diet is to drink something other than water that has no calories. I am no health nut just trying to lower my calorie intake. So far I have went from 213 to 181 just from lowering my calories to 2000 a day.
Your just increasing your chances for cancer.
I drink a lot of both. :drink.gif
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Quote from: Anoriginal on July 22, 2009, 10:16:57 PM
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Wasn't he an atheist?
Was he?
But, he sure loved beer. ;)
I can't remember do to beer...... ;)
:drink.gif
Quote from: trx#9 on July 22, 2009, 06:08:46 PM
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on July 22, 2009, 05:33:22 PM
The only reason I drink diet is to drink something other than water that has no calories. I am no health nut just trying to lower my calorie intake. So far I have went from 213 to 181 just from lowering my calories to 2000 a day.
Your just increasing your chances for cancer.
I guess I should be more of a health nut. It doesn't really matter what I do, if I do to much of it, it's bad for me. Sometimes it just feels like nothing is good for you, you just try to pick the lesser of two evils.
I pick beer, and wine even though it's not listed.
I usually just drink water, very rarely will I drink diet soda... If I want something different I'll drink sparkling water.
Also, Benjamin Franklin was not an Atheist he was a Christian. He was not as religious as most people were in his day, but most of his quotes have to do with God. He also wrote a pargraph in his autobiography thanking God for his happiness and success. Just wanted to throw that out there. :)
Red wine is good, too!
I drink 2- 2 litre bottles of diet pepsi a day.I work outside & I know its bad for me but I cant stand drinking that muchwater all day. I cannot drink regular soda or ice teas. For some reason the diets dont kill my stomach. So its brain cancer I guess or Ill die of dehydration ???
Now, that explains it! :) There's still hope though, drink Propel.
Quote from: AintSkeered on July 23, 2009, 06:08:38 PM
Now, that explains it! :) There's still hope though, drink Propel.
Yeah Sure ..if your old, can't see, drove a broken down bike for 15 years, had to beg your wife to buy you a new one and watch TV all night at RR. No Thanks.
I will take an ice cold beer any day. ;D ;D
I was going to type what Mad typed word for word so I won't be redundant. haha Okay. Maybe NOT word for word, but he pretty much covered it! Diet soda is HORRIBLE for you!
Has anybody mixed the two together for a new treat?
Quote from: mrbones on July 27, 2009, 03:52:08 PM
Has anybody mixed the two together for a new treat?
Yes... That was the show stopper.
I would like 2 Big Macs, 20 peice chicken nuggets, large fry and a diet soda please...... :N
doesn't matter which is better or worse, they're both about to be taxed to take more of your money.
Quote from: Andy9933 on July 27, 2009, 06:40:32 PM
I would like 2 Big Macs, 20 peice chicken nuggets, large fry and a diet soda please...... :N
LOL
How about a diet soda with a nice big piece of chocolate cake?
Quote from: Andy9933 on July 27, 2009, 06:40:32 PM
I would like 2 Big Macs, 20 peice chicken nuggets, large fry and a diet soda please...... :N
Beer of course... Not to change the subject, but Swamper, have you been riding lately? I have an rzr and always lookin for someone to ride with. I am in North Port, FL. You are just an hour away.
Quote from: rktek on July 28, 2009, 11:58:02 PM
Beer of course... Not to change the subject, but Swamper, have you been riding lately? I have an rzr and always lookin for someone to ride with. I am in North Port, FL. You are just an hour away.
Acually no I haven't my tranny went out on my RZR. The tranny is fixed now but it cost me $1100 (800 parts, 300 labor) I should be getting paid on a particular job this week, then I am going to pick up the tranny from the shop. And the project of putting the damn thing back together starts LOL My whole garage is staged out with RZR parts to go back together ::)
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,39223.msg440891.html#msg440891
I wouldn't have the patients to do it myself. More power to you. Let me know when you complete it. The yacht club is should be opening up for Sept.
Diet soda and Alka-Seltzer?
Quote from: mrbones on July 31, 2009, 03:00:41 AM
Diet soda and Alka-Seltzer?
That might be a show stopper... :Dead.gif
So is Red Bull and Vodka.