Last time we were up they said this would be done. And I see the prior post was read 317 times but there is no answer. Does anyone know the answer? Thanks, Dawn
not yet. This is the last phase and will probably be done this fall, if help is available.
Thanks, Gris. Dawn
Quote from: GrizzlyBear on June 04, 2009, 01:10:19 PM
not yet. This is the last phase and will probably be done this fall, if help is available.
Are they looking for help Grizz? I have access to 2-3 ATV's and some heavy duty chain saws... Or do they need someone to operate some heavier equipment? I can do that as well...
trails already go right up to the 88 store so it seems like it would just be a matter of making them legal. i have had some good times there. it is a great rest stop or should i say used to be a great rest stop.
jeff
The trail extension to the 88 store should be completed between now and the end of Fall. It doesn't require much "trailblazing". The bulk of the work that needs to be done is a corral built behind the 88 Store and the crossing at 316 has to be properly constructed/signed/lighted in accordance with the county/DOT. I am chomping at the bit to get this area completed asap!
-Kris
are all the trails marked and posted with 20 or 25 mph speed limit? are there any trails for enduro or sport quads?
All of the 'existing' LEGAL trails in the ONF are marked. I don't believe there are any Speed Limit signs anywhere, except on a few Forest Roads where you share the road with motor vehicles. But with that said, the speed limit is enforced from time to time. I have ridden every mile of 'legal' trails on the maps, and they are all sport quad friendly unless there is some recent flooding due to a storm the day prior. Even then, you can navigate carefully around some good size puddles and mud holes.
Yes, very sport-quad friendly trails. Just remember that all the trails are 2-way so please ride safely. Keep up the great job on the trails! Thanks, guys!