I recently bought a Mudslinger exhaust for my Yamaha 450 and man is it loud!!!! Any one have any ideas how to mellow it out? I know I can get a snorkle attachment for it, but I don"t think it will quiet it up any.
man loud iz good!!!
Yes, good when showing off, but not good when you are trying to "blend in", like when you are getting close to houses, which sometimes you can't help. I am getting used to it now, but still would like to tone it down just a little.
8) :D ;) ;)
This is what their site says about it.
"Deep, husky sound, yet 96dB compliant and includes a U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrestor."
If you just bought it and it seems louder than the 96db then I would say something is wrong. Either it needs repacked or the spark arrestor has been taken out.
Looks like you could put a different end cap on it. I have one on my YFZ 450 and by taking out disk it makes it quieter and by having more disk it is louder.
The Mudslinger does not have the discs. I thought all Supertrapp exhaust had them, but unfortunately I found out the hard way that the Mudslinger does not.
Cant the end cap that is on there come off and be replaced with one?
Don't know. Will call supertrapp and ask them if that is possible. Good question....