hi new to forum just sold my 660 griz wanting to get rhino just do normal rideing hol paw and river area dealer says 450 will do just fine ?? i think 660 any opinions thanks larry
Well i have a 660 with 29.5 Swamp Lites and I can basically have gone anywhere i pushed it to... the 450 from what I hear are jsut as capable no experience though and also on long hills I hear the 660 will out perform the 450s and 660s have a higher top speed if that is a factor or not maybe Jason(r6realtor) or the guy who bought his 450 will chime in on this topic. Also if your are buying from the dealer why would you be buying a 660 instead of a 700FI?
thanks for info was looking at used 660 i try to stay away from dealers our local is aways higher than any one i liked my 660 grizzley would go any where should of keep it but sent it to poland got 6 grand for a 05 had to let go just didn't know know about the 450
like I said I have no personal experience withthe Rhino 450 just going on what I have read.
What I have heard is that the gearing on the 450's is lower, and it is lighter, so better for mudding....660 is faster top speed....
All I do is trail ride (booze cruz) and mud so im not interested in top speed but I wish my 660 had more power. Unless money is a huge factor I'd say 660 (or used 700) all the way.
Quote from: dannyboy on November 21, 2008, 01:20:34 PM
All I do is trail ride (booze cruz) and mud so im not interested in top speed but I wish my 660 had more power. Unless money is a huge factor I'd say 660 (or used 700) all the way.
when and wheres the next booze cruz (trail ride)
Ok, i hope this helps you. I have both an 06 660 SE and an 06 450, both with the identical 27 mud gear tires. What you will notice is that the 450 revs up quicker and higher than the 660. The 660 has a higher top speed, it will do about 45 vs about 35 for the 450. I ride out @ Big cypress where the speed limit is 15mph so top speed is not a consideration for me. As for the mudding aspect of it, i would say that the 450 might be a little better since it's geared 18% lower than the 660. Fuel economy they are about the same. For the money,i think that the 450 is a better buy, again i don't race or go fast. Good luck with your choice, they are great machines.
you wont regret the 660, and i just so have one for sale/trade ;D