my wife and her friend are coming with me but are not coming on the speed ride and they would like some company to just cruz the forest. they will be on a 4x4 quad! so if any of you ladies are able to help me out and hang with my wife i would appreciate it.
Hey Dreth I might bring My wife and Daughter So we can head out and hit some trails
On sesond tought, I might just like to escort the ladies around the forest, you can go on the fast ride and I will just take it slow with the ladies. I like how that sounds ;). BTW they are much prettier than you fast guys.
not sure if I can make either one, but I will try.
Id@
???gotta work :'(
QuoteOn sesond tought, I might just like to escort the ladies around the forest, you can go on the fast ride and I will just take it slow with the ladies. I like how that sounds ;). BTW they are much prettier than you fast guys.
Smart man tony, Should be a fun ride
Looks like no one wants to ride with you Dreth. ;D
Can you blame them.. :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
QuoteLooks like no one wants to ride with you Dreth. ;D
Can you blame them.. :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
QuoteHey Dreth I might bring My wife and Daughter So we can head out and hit some trails
MAN THAT WOULD BE GREAT ! let me know and we can all meet up in the camp ground that morning ;)
I'm in also with the G/f and son. Let them ride with the slow group and I'll take off with the big boys for a while. ;)
Hey hollywood you get another quad yet?
Not a problem dreth , we will meet up that morning
QuoteHey hollywood you get another quad yet?
Not a problem dreth , we will meet up that morning
Nah not yet still looking. Went down to US1 and looked around last weekend. I think we are just going to end up buying one outright instead there's some pretty good deals in the trader right now. Going to look at one tonight.
good luck man
QuoteHey hollywood you get another quad yet?
Not a problem dreth , we will meet up that morning
your the man!
2 weeks out
flblaster04 we rode with you and your family at rodman
what time are you meeting up at big scrub?We would also
like to join the slow ride cause my banshee is to slow for the fast ride. We will probably stay at the camp ground on 42
and ride up to meet sat am.there will be aprox. 4-5 of us.
if thats cool.Tami really enjoyed the rodman ride.
Thanks in advance.
Frankie
[smiley=Cool.gif]
Great campground!! Wise pick.
I'm thinking of joining the ride. I'd like to camp though. I'll be in a tent if I go. Who all if any are interrested in camping? I noticed some at camp ground on 42. What's the cost to camp there? What makes it better than scrub? I'd go on the speeeed run but my wolverine just won't keep up yet. One of these days I may be able to come close.
[smiley=Smile.gif]
Lets see........hot showers, pool, gameroom, store, laundry............ride in and out to forest, stop at gas station and deli....hit airport road to 597 and trails to 573 and beyond..........
Quoteflblaster04 we rode with you and your family at rodman
what time are you meeting up at big scrub?We would also
like to join the slow ride cause my banshee is to slow for the fast ride. We will probably stay at the camp ground on 42
and ride up to meet sat am.there will be aprox. 4-5 of us.
if thats cool.Tami really enjoyed the rodman ride.
Thanks in advance.
Frankie
The more the better, Not sure exactly what time we are going to be there yet, We will probably be there early. Hope to see you there. It was great meeting you and riding with you at Rodman.
Hey Dreth, What time you going to be there on the 7th???
QuoteThe more the better, Not sure exactly what time we are going to be there yet, We will probably be there early. Hope to see you there. It was great meeting you and riding with you at Rodman.
Hey Dreth, What time you going to be there on the 7th???
FlBlaster, you need to come w/ us on the speedride man!
Bad news for the slow crew. My office dry walling is going to be complete Friday. I get to spend my weekend painting my office and getting it ready for business.
Really bites, I was looking forward to riding.
QuoteBad news for the slow crew. My office dry walling is going to be complete Friday. I get to spend my weekend painting my office and getting it ready for business.
Really bites, I was looking forward to riding.
glad to hear your getting closer to opening and sad to hear that you cant ride! NEXT TIME ;D
Like Dreth said glad to here your getting closer to opening your business, But I would put off the work until sunday and ride sat just for the day.
I have a question for anyone going on the slow ride.Would you be intrested in taken my sister with you. She is visiting me from St Pete this weekend and staying the night at my house on fri so I would like for her to go on the slow ride if any is willing to take her along. She in 21Y/O and not affaid to get dirty, with dirt. She has never been four wheeling and I am doing the speed ride so I can't take her with me.
I wish I could change the painting plans but my uncle only has Saturday to do it. Sorry there isn't any way to change my plans. Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'll be out of state at a seminar the following weekend then it's back to game on.
QuoteI have a question for anyone going on the slow ride.Would you be intrested in taken my sister with you. She is visiting me from St Pete this weekend and staying the night at my house on fri so I would like for her to go on the slow ride if any is willing to take her along. She in 21Y/O and not affaid to get dirty, with dirt. She has never been four wheeling and I am doing the speed ride so I can't take her with me.
ummmm yeah.
Id@
she got a helmet? goggles?
Id@
Hey T2 I am sure someone on this ride would be happy to bring her along.
Hey Ida you going on this ride?
I'm gonna do my best.
Id@
I plan on bringing my son on this ride. Don't know if we are going to camp or not, but I can bring an extra helmet and goggles. Your sister can ride with my son or me.
If we decide to camp, does anyone have the phone number to the campground on 42, I have been wanting to try it out.
Cool, It will be good to ride with you again Moose
yo Moose,,,,,I wonder if we will find any jumps that can take a utility ;-)
Id@
Where is everone goin to meet I'll have my Snorkles Done by tomorrow night and wanna test them out Sat.!!!
Either at the campground or under the powerlines near the campground. We will be in a Blue/Silver Dodge Ram with a 6x10 trailer. We will be there by 9.
QuoteI plan on bringing my son on this ride. Don't know if we are going to camp or not, but I can bring an extra helmet and gogles. Your sister can ride with my son or me.
If we decide to camp, does anyone have the phone number to the campground on 42, I have been wanting to try it out.
The camp gound on 42 is great here is the info
Ocla forest campground
26301 SE county hwy 42
Umatilla fl 32784
352-669-3888
I'll have my GPS with me, it shows almost all the trails, so we won't be lost at all.
Are we going to do lunch where we park? I will bring my grill to cook on.
If we park in the campground, our rigs will be watched somewhat by the ranger and the campers, on the power lines no one watches it, and it's only 4 bucks I think.
QuoteI'll have my GPS with me, it shows almost all the trails, so we won't be lost at all.
Are we going to do lunch where we park? I will bring my grill to cook on.
If we park in the campground, our rigs will be watched somewhat by the ranger and the campers, on the power lines no one watches it, and it's only 4 bucks I think.
Yeah we plan on parking in the camp ground also. If you bring your grill we'll bring some burgers to throw on it. Just lets know by tonight.
I plan on bringing my grill, anyone can use it to cook on.
Cool thanks, we will bring burgers and buns, should have enough for a few people,
Ok it looks like Scooter is not able to get his friends grizzly for my sister, so any other ladies willing to take my sis along for a ride for the day would be appiciated. Thanks Tony
Had a good time riding with friends again. I tell you those little ones did real good. I bet they never crossed a log jam like we had to. It was a good day, except for the injuries.
Ida, hope you feel better soon, let us know how you're doing.
To let you all know, we went to the sink hole NW of the camp ground. We were riding the pit checking it out and Ida went down one of the slopes with myself and my son in tow. Well all of the sudden I see Ida's quad rolling over him going down the hill, didn't look good at all. I locked up the brakes on my ride and went to help. He was very sore and just rested a bit to collect. It looked like he was doing leap frog with his quad. He rode it out, but very sore. I had to go down that same drop off, but was ready for it after watching Ida. Then had to tow my sons quad back up the slope because I was not going to let him try it. It had a near vertical drop of 3-4 feet and very hard dirt with clay mixed in. I had to get help just to climb back up to my quad.
Ida sorry to hear you ate it too. I hope you and the rest of the guys that got hurt and are incognito w/ it get well soom.
the very first time that I wrecked AND had a helmet on,,,,this time it did me some good.
Very glad I had people around to help because I might have been hurt bad. Basically I got a bruise that is very colorful ranging from mid-upper-leg, down to my right kneecap and for some reason I have been unable to determine,,,,,my back is so sore it feels like I went out and picked cotton all day.
The quad is A-OK and finished out the first leg of the slow ride then I had to go home and collect my thoughts with the other half of my crew in Salt Springs(Mr. J. Walker).
Id@
Id@ "Leap Frog" M@nn
;-)
Hope the soreness goes fast Ida, I saw the end of your roll, I know you must hurt, I would. From what it looked like to me, and I still can't believe what I saw, your lucky that's all that hurts. Get better soon.
yup, I'm walking really close to normal today,,,,aside from the bruise which my dumbself keeps hitting,,,,I'm alright.
Id@
Was your fall anything like this guys?
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/newbrakes1.html
I hope it was a little softer than this.
QuoteWas your fall anything like this guys?
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/newbrakes1.html
I hope it was a little softer than this.
yeah, but they were on flat ground ;-)
Id@
I flipped over the handlebars of a RM250 while going down a very steep pile of shell rock. Landed like a frog and my knee landed on a rock. Broke my kneecap. Had to get back on the bike, kick start it, and ride home with a broken kneecap and then fell down in the front yard.
You are fortunate to have no serious injuries. Good thing you were wearing your helmet. Hope ya feel better.