A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!!!
It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.
Her point:
Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting
the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal
immigration.
Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might
make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay
indefinitely.
Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.
Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in
your house, you insist that I leave.
But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry
and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm
hard-working and honest
(except for when I broke into your house).
According to the protesters:
You are Required to let me stay in your house
You are Required to add me to your family's
insurance plan
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me
&
to my family
(my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working
and honest,
except for that breaking in part).
If you try to call the police or force me out,
I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that
proclaim my RIGHT to be there.
It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and
I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person,
except for well, you know, I did break into your house
And what a deal it is for me!!!
I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep,
and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold,
uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.
Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate
with me. And don't forget to make sure your forms are in MY language - I
need to understand them...
Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?!
Scrub that was actually one of the best ways of looking at this that I have seen. Very interesting perspective when put that way.
Quote from: QT314 on May 31, 2007, 01:38:22 PM
Scrub that was actually one of the best ways of looking at this that I have seen. Very interesting perspective when put that way.
I agree
I got that same email. I thought it was a wonderful comparison.
If this bothers you, you can go to www.numbersusa.com Register for an account and the website will send faxes and information to our local senators and reps. expressing how you might feel. Also, lots of information about the current immigration status and what this new bill might cause. I recommend anyone who is concerned about this to check out this site.
:Clap.gif :Clap.gif :deal.gif :T
AWWWWWSOMMME !!!!!!!!!!! WELL THAT SUMMSSSS THAT UP!!!!!
Quote from: MedicMudder on May 31, 2007, 04:52:55 PM
AWWWWWSOMMME !!!!!!!!!!! WELL THAT SUMMSSSS THAT UP!!!!!
cant agree more ;)
bacca bacca buka!!!
( Thats Swamp Donkey....you need to learn it to communicate with me.)
translation: I AGREE!!! ;)
Martin Luther King said it best........a man should not be judged by the color of his skin but by the content of his character! if your character speaks spanish and is here illegally then they need to go back! and i refuse to speak another language in this country!!!
;D :T i agree 100%.great anallagy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want cheap labor.
I can have cheap labor for my ranch.
It will bring the dollar down.
It will bring in tax revenue.
It will help social security.
It will help big business.
It's good for America.
Who would say that? Who am I? =
:Clap.gif
Quote from: trx#9 on May 31, 2007, 06:20:49 PM
I want cheap labor.
I can have cheap labor for my ranch.
It will bring the dollar down.
It will bring in tax revenue.
It will help social security.
It will help big business.
It's good for America.
Who would say that? Who am I? =
George WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone say fire?
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on May 31, 2007, 05:41:13 PM
bacca bacca buka!!!
( Thats Swamp Donkey....you need to learn it to communicate with me.)
translation: I AGREE!!! ;)
Looks like the percocets are working....LMAO
Quote from: Dreth on May 31, 2007, 05:59:46 PM
Martin Luther King said it best........a man should not be judged by the color of his skin but by the content of his character! if your character speaks spanish and is here illegally then they need to go back! and i refuse to speak another language in this country!!!
but Spanish and some English cono consorte(http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x116/Gato717/cu-flag1.gif)
Some people think the new immagration laws they are trying to pass are too tough. Maybe we should make them even tougher and use these.
1. There will be no special bilingual programs
in the schools, no special ballots for elections, and
all government business will be conducted in
our language.
2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote,
no matter how long they are here.
3. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold
political office.
4. Foreigners will not be a burden to the
taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no
health care, nor any other govern ment
assistance programs.
5. Foreigners can invest in this country,
but it must be an amount equal to 40,000
times the daily minimum wage.
6. If foreigners do come and want
to buy land that will be okay, BUT options
will be restricted. You are not allowed to own
waterfront property. That property is reserved
for citizens naturally born into this country.
7. Foreigners may not protest; no
demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag,
no political organizing, no 'bad-mouthing' our
president or his policies. If you do you will be
sent home.
8. If you do come to this country illegally,
you will be hunted down and sent straight
to jail.
Our laws are too though?
The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of
'MEXICO '!
I think ours should be the same...
that is why you go there and you go outside the visitors zone and probably dont get heard of anymore? and as for bad mouthing our presidents policies hell AMERICANS BORN HERE ARE DOING THAT I am one of them Born here dont let the flag posted earlier fool you I just am proud of my Cuban heritage but dont neglect my american one I was born here just for the record