Alan (molonyltr19) had a pretty nasty crash at Bartow today. Missed a gear on the face of a double and came up way short and nosedived into the upside of the lander. He was slammed onto the lander and the bike flipped on top of him. He got twisted and crushed pretty bad. He's in ICU right now with a lacerated spleen and possible broken shoulder (awaiting x-ray confirmation). He may need surgery if they find out the spleen is bleeding into his abdomin. Just keep him in your prayers. Thanks.
My families prayers are with him. Sounds to be a pretty nasty wreck :(
Wish him a speedy recovery.
He's def in my prayers!! Give me a call if you go to the hospital tomorrow I'll ride with you.
He will be in our prayers and I will put him in our Mens prayer band at the church tomarrow for sure...
Man! That's sad to hear Darren. Let him know that I'll be praying for him and hope he has a speedy recovery. I did that same thing at Lakeland. I was just lucky to have my rear tire clip the top of that nice double they used to have and it bucked my rearend up sending me over the bars. Keep us posted on how he's doing.
DONE!!
hope for a speedy recovery
What hospital is he in? dose he need blood donated?
I give in jax,Fla-Ga blood alliance,I can rquest it
to go were it is needed.Might be able to talk
some of the guys at my fire sta to give also.
Wish him lots of luck.
Sorry to hear that. We'll be praying!!
He is in Tampa General. Don't think he will need any as long as he stays how he is. They are still waiting to see if it's bleeding into his abdomen though. Thanks for all the prayers
that is terrible to here! a speedy and full recovery will be in my prayers for him!
Wishing him a speedy recovery. :ThumbsUp.gif
Tell him the TBR gang is thinking of him and wishing a speedy recovery.
Thanks everyone. The shoulder is not broken, however now they think he tore his rotator cuff and we are waiting on the orthopedic surgeon to let us know for sure.
I don't know the kid but I certainly wish him the lesser of the potential injuries and a speedy recovery. Be sure to take a laptop and show him the good pics taken at the race. I'll keep him in my prayers.
Done ;)
That's terrible. Keep us posted on his recovery.
I will be praying for him! When will he be getting out of the hospital? If he's not out buy tomorow ill defintaly be there when I get back from daytona! and if I can't get there. Tell him I wish him the best of luck!
Wish him the best from us, we just went through something similar but not as sever and I am praying for him.
I hope Alan makes it through and continues to ride another day!
My thoughts and prayers go to him!
Man my prayers to him..
about two months ago i broke two ribs rupshured my spleen and punchured my lung..
it was a rough recovery but we all make it threw...
As long as he can keep the spleen thats a major thing..
Tyler
That's terrible.I mentioned that kind of injury on the post where the guy in Ocala died.I thought it was his Spleen.Then you see something like this.
It's one of the main reasons why tracks freak me out.I like to jump, but I catch myself sometimes trying to get more air.I will definately be more cautious now.
Best wishes for a fast recovery!! I hope he's able to keep riding.
Chino
OOOOOhhh, I just hate it when something like this happens, especially to a kid. :'( God please pull him through and heal him up speedily. My prayers for him and his friends and family are on the way. :Hug.gif
He was cleared on the shoulder and spleen. I'm actually going to get him from the hospital now. Seems like everything is fine but he won't be riding for a little awhile ???
Quote from: #26YFZ on February 19, 2007, 12:12:00 PM
He was cleared on the shoulder and spleen. I'm actually going to get him from the hospital now. Seems like everything is fine but he won't be riding for a little awhile ???
glad to hear that! except the riding part! ???
that sure makes me forget my cracked cases and blown motor! May GOD heal him and help his family cope with this until its over.
yes that was a bad crash it looked alot worse then what happened!!! im glad 2 hear hes alright it looks like we will be stopping by to visit tonight.
Thank you all for your prayers and all the words of encouragement. I'm home now after a rough weekend at the hospital. My spleen was bruised and the outer layer was the only damaged part. No external bleeding thankfully. My shoulder also is fine. Now just a 6 week recovery with no contact sports or riding at all :'( One of the worse parts was not being able to eat or drink for 2 days! ::) Thank you all again!
It's good to hear you're OK.
Quote from: MolonyLTR_19 on February 19, 2007, 02:10:47 PM
Thank you all for your prayers and all the words of encouragement. I'm home now after a rough weekend at the hospital. My spleen was bruised and the outer layer was the only damaged part. No external bleeding thankfully. My shoulder also is fine. Now just a 6 week recovery with no contact sports or riding at all :'( One of the worse parts was not being able to eat or drink for 2 days! ::) Thank you all again!
glad your home and ok! take 8 weeks, your young and it will be woth the wait. if you reinjure it to soon you will have problems forever ;)
Walk it off...walk it off!! Remember, stay off the quad!!
ya i wont be back on it until im fully recovered...i just get to look at them and clean them 100000 times :P
Put it this way, now you'll have time to repaint and mod it out so when you do get to ride; it'll look nice and new!!
no actually they just got done being redone ::)
Good to hear your ok Alan! ;D
Hope you get better sooner and back out on the quad.
6 weeks isnt that bad :-\.
Hope you feel better ;D
Good to hear you'll recover, take it easy for a while and heal up.
Quote from: Alba450 on February 19, 2007, 08:47:49 PM
Good to hear your ok Alan! ;D
Hope you get better sooner and back out on the quad.
6 weeks isnt that bad :-\.
Hope you feel better ;D
6 weeks is really long when I can hardly go one without going crazy to ride...but I'll have to deal with it ::)
Quote from: quad control on February 20, 2007, 08:36:31 AM
Good to hear you'll recover, take it easy for a while and heal up.
thanks
The recover is the worst part but u can start riding around 3 weeks and ull be alright..
youll just have a pissed off doctor..
Glad to hear that your ok Alan!! :) My mom and dad are also glad to hear that your ok! 6 weeks will be a while, but youll be out there again havin fun. :)
Quote from: CountryBoy on February 20, 2007, 04:33:43 PM
Glad to hear that your ok Alan!! :) My mom and dad are also glad to hear that your ok! 6 weeks will be a while, but youll be out there again havin fun. :)
ya be sure to let your mom know i said Thanks a ton for all her help!!! she did a great job getting me to the hospital as quick as possible without freaking out to much :P lol
Glad to hear your ok bro...I fell off my banshee doing a wheelie while standing on the grab bar.Thats the first time I ever tasted pavement ::)And the last.Oh yeah I havent ridden mybanshee in about 4 weeks.The first two weekends arent so bad but after that it gets horrible lol.Im dieng I cant wait to ride this weekend
You better heal quick. 6 weeks will put you coming back just in time for SSQSA. LOL
Get well and dont try to come back too soon.
Thank God you didnt sustain any major injuries. Thats my biggest fear riding mx tracks is coming up short on doubles. Those 6 weeks will feel like forever but when you can finally get back on that bike and get some air...Lets just say its one of the best feelings in the world!! Hope you have a speedy recovery.