I just got my shock back from GT Thunder (right now it feels great) and I raised the rear up about 3 inches because I was botteming enough before, but now when I take a corner, the bike feels very top heavy and then under quick acceleration, it pulls wheelies to the sky. Over the whoops or any bumps, I love it. Complete awesomeness.... I cant even explain, maybe because I was riding on a blown shock for almost 3 months.. ( ??? ) But now all is good except the rear feeling the bike top heavy..
Anyone have mesurements for a XC bike and what it should be sitting at with the rider on it. I read 10 for XC, but it would look like a raked up GTO or somthing.
You can tweek for XC but for most riding your sag should be 25~30% of full travel. (full extent of travel and then you on quad with gear) If the sag is correct use compression to control bottoming out.
Botteming out isnt the problem, cornering is. The rear tire comes up on the side where there is no birm.
It feels very tippy.
You have a YFZ?
yes sir.
PM me your e-mail and I will send you instructions. I was going to type them but it is too much to type.
Let me know how it works out.
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on January 23, 2007, 10:23:13 PM
PM me your e-mail and I will send you instructions. I was going to type them but it is too much to type.
would you mind emailing me as well? markschnellinger@bellsouth.net
thanks,