I JUST GOT A ARTIC CAT 400 4X4. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST TYPE OF OIL TO USE?
If it a automatic use 10w40 car oil. If it manuel use 10w40 motorcycle oil. Motorcycle oil has additives for cluches if not used trans will slip. discount sells valvoline motorcycle oil. I have 3 arctic cats 2 650's & 400le you will love it. Just ignore everyone who talks sh*t about arctic cat their just mad they bought a 3wd honda :'( :'(
If you look at your crank cover or on the motor itself you will see what you need or just read the manual and like finadic says these are bad a$$ bikes I have a 2002 400 4x4 and it is still running trouble free and I goes thru a lot. By your name you either really like pepsi or you work there?
congrats on the cat. you should check out www.arcticchat.com. they have some good info. As for the oil, I let the dealer do it while it is under warrenty.
Congrats on the articat! I have one and love it! It takes a beating and starts up everytime!